If you want to be part of a dynamic and growing team – consider AutoCanada.
AutoCanada remains Canada’s only public auto dealership entity, is a leader in the Canadian automotive industry, and is focused on growth. As one of Canada's largest multi-location automobile dealership groups, AutoCanada currently operates 28 franchised dealerships in six provinces and has over 1,200 employees.
At AutoCanada we recognize that finding the right people is the first step. We understand that we need the right players to be the best in our industry. Our vibrant organization is growing and has a limitless future for bright, hardworking, caring and capable likeminded professionals.
Reporting to the Manager, Retention and Benefits, the Communications Specialist is primarily responsible for developing, coordinating and distributing multiple monthly internal departmental company newsletters – paying close attention to consistency, while maintaining the individuality of each departmental newsletter.
The Communications Specialist will also assist the Vice President, Marketing and Online Sales and the marketing team from time to time with external audience communications that will assist with customer retention and new customer acquisition for our dealerships.
- Work closely with each department manager regarding their respective newsletters
- Write and prepare newsletter articles for publication
- Receive, analyze and verify submitted newsletter articles for accuracy
- Arrange for and conduct interviews as part of research for newsletters if necessary
- Add newsletter articles to internal blog sites
- Distribute internal newsletters via email using online mailout communication provider software, while paying close attention to deadlines
- Regularly review internal departmental blog content
- Ensure internal audience communications foster a positive image, reputation, awareness and understanding of AutoCanada’s vision, mission and activities among its staff
- Assist in writing and evolving existing customer retention messaging on various platforms including email, letters and websites
- Assist and help manage dealership website content strategies
- Other duties as required
- A university diploma or degree in communications, public relations or a related field
- Related experience in communication or marketing strategy development and implementation
- Possess strong technical writing and editing skills, along with strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient computer knowledge (Microsoft Office)
- Experience with newsletter mailout providers, as well as blogs, would be considered an asset
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the above position, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.