Based in Richmond, BC, the Auto West Group is one of the top luxury automotive groups in Canada. Established in 1986, as the first BMW importer in Western Canada, the Auto West Group has grown to over 180 team members, and three of Canada’s leading retail facilities: Auto West BMW, MINI Richmond, and Auto West Infiniti.
At the Auto West Group, we are exceptionally driven. Our mission is to consistently drive premium service, that builds customer and employee relationships for life. Passion, performance, and innovation are at the core of the brands we represent, and therefore at the Auto West Group, we strive to be exceptional in everything we do. We believe our success begins first with the dynamic and driven individuals on our team, to our award winning facilities, and the honest and hands-on service we provide our customers.
Shop Foreman, Auto West BMW
Auto West BMW is looking for a Shop Foreman to join their Service team. Reporting to the Service Manager, the Shop Foreman is responsible for ensuring the proper repair and servicing of all the vehicles taken in by the Service Department and maintaining technician productivity at levels determined by service management. The Shop Foreman will provide direct on-the-job assistance to technicians, coordinate and conduct training, inspect repair jobs for proper completion, and create an environment for high productivity through motivational leadership and effective administration.
- Supervising a team of technicians and apprentices.
- Ensuring a culture of continuous learning within the workshop for all apprentices and technicians.
- Monitoring and driving shop production and technician efficiency.
- Completing quality control checks through the inspection of completed work to ensure that repair quality is maintained.
- Performing repairs and maintenance to customer vehicles as required.
- Delegating work flow throughout the workshop.
- Making qualified technical decisions involving repair processes.
- Maintaining a high level of correspondence with the Service Manager and Team Leaders.
- Other duties as assigned by the Service Manager.
To succeed in this position, you will possess:
- Journeyman Technician status with at least 5 years BMW brand experience.
- A passion to work with the BMW product and our service team to continue delivering the personalized service that exemplifies the Auto West Group.
- Minimum 1 year of previous Shop Foreman-type supervisory experience or Master Technician qualifications in a high volume dealership environment is preferred.
- The ability to organize and motivate workshop team and ensure excellent communication throughout the Service Department.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet simultaneous deadlines
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment while exhibiting strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to ensuring that the workshop consistently maintains quality repairs while reducing potential comeback concerns.
- The desire to work with us in ensuring that we are delivering on our mission to consistently drive premium service that builds customer relationships for life.
- The desire to gain supervisory experience while still working in a hands-on position.
- Valid BC Driver’s license with clean driving abstract.