Australian High Commission

Australian High Commission Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A very satisfying fast pased work environment with a variety or duties focused on helping Australian's in Canada
Consular/Passport/Property Officer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 20, 2013
Pros: i derived a great sense of satisfaction in knowing you have helped someone, while working across teams to achieve mutual goals.
Cons: for the level of responsibility the pay could have been higher in my opinion.
A typical day involved a team approach to incoming crisesses where the team would negotiate that morning who would be responsible for what to ensure all areas of duties were covered. I learned to cooperate with other team members and to multi task in order to support the team. Management turned over every three years as the new posted officers arrived – more... lending itself to ongoing changes to the way work got transacted. This adjustment was the hardest part of the job, however this was only a temporary state. I derived a great deal of satisfaction as the first point of contact for both internal and external clients; knowing I was helping people often in distress. I really enjoyed the team approach to work and I enjoyed cultivating good working relationships with my collegues. – less
Very active place to work
SOCIAL SECRETARY (Current Employee), New Delhi, DLOctober 10, 2013
though its just been couple of months for me but I enjoy each day as it gives a lot of chance to explore new divisions under your work strnghts.
excelent security officer
security officer (Former Employee), islamabad pakistanJuly 19, 2013
Pros: food, transport, medicals pension
Cons: over time.extra salary.
got good enviorment to work in high commission.8 hours shift.
I had written poems in the Office Bulletin GABBA GABBA
Information Management Officer (Former Employee), 1/50G Shantipath Chanakyapuri New Delhi IndiaFebruary 24, 2013
.I loved working Australian High Commission as Informagtion Management Officer because of complexities and intellectual challenges kept myself spellbound and full of enegry interacting with internal and external clients ie diplomats and govt ministries.
.The achievements I made while steadily working my goals and advancing confidently in the direction – more... of HR Manager.
. My co-workers acted as a team we pushed ourself to do more and to experience more.
.Serving as a junior was often an exercise in frustration leading to more than a few latenight on PC learning commands. It was truly to learn this way or highway.
.As one of my job duty to send e-mail internal clients (diplomats) asking for their contribution towards medical safetynet they thought I am an iron lady. – less
Great workplace, fair, supportive.
Consular Clerk (Former Employee), Papaua New Guinea - Port MoresbyOctober 12, 2012
Pros: flexibility, everyone always supportive.
Typical day at work would be accessing new Passport Applications, checking personal details all correct. Checking on Applicants referees. Enjoyed working with people from different countries.
Staff and management very co-operative and helpful, great team environment.