Austin Professional Search Inc. is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer/Tribologist with demonstrated superior achievements in terms of solutions to complex problems, innovations, patents, in relation to friction, wear, and lubrication.
- This motivated individual will be able to set up and operate a tribology lab.
- Able to work independently.
- Strong communication skills in English spoken and written, skilled in preparing and giving presentations.
- Exceptional ability to articulate engineering principles as applied to tribology; to apply fundamentals and mathematical models and theories to engineering issues and to solve problems.
- Experience with testing and experimental methods for automotive components.
- A commitment to continuing education and training.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills preferably with formal education and/or training in leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience with;
o Ball and roller bearings.
o Bushings, metallic and non-metallic.
o Sealing of oil and grease in rotating and oscillating environments.
o Surface engineering
o Grease and Oil testing, improvement and development.
o Experience with fluorinated lubricants.
o Measurement and analysis of mechanical components and oils after testing.
o Test standards for related activities.
- Master’s degree or Phd, Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
- Certified Lubrication Specialist (CLS) of the STLE ( Society of Tribologist and Lubrication Engineers)