Austin Professional Search Inc. is currently recruiting for Maintenance Supervisor in Northern Ontario( North Shore Lake Huron). Experience in pulp & paper, steel mills, mining or other similar heavy industrial plants is required.
- Managing the day to day plant maintenance.
- Directly supervising the activities of the front line maintenance employees charged with then performance and verification of the mechanical and electrical work in the plant
- Coordinate and monitor the activities of all maintenance employees.
- Participate in the identification of training needs for assigned plant maintenance personnel and coordinate training.
- Participate in appropriate safety training for all assigned employees.
- Ensure that preventive action is taken to avoid the occurrence of nonconformities relating to product or process or to the quality system.
- Recommend solutions to problems related to the product or process, or to the quality system, and when approved, participate in the implementation, management and verification of those solutions.
- Participate in the coordination of repairs during outages to maintain a safe and effective flow of work to reduce downtime.
- Participate in the supervision of the installation and testing of electrical equipment. .
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or related field, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 7+ year’s industrial, mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment. industry background in heavy manufacturing related; Mining, paper mills, steel plants, refining, utilities, refractory, heavy equipment fabrication, stone processing, cement plants industries preferred.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience.
- Positive & proactive attitude with ability to address issues and implement solutions.
- Working knowledge of material handling feeders, conveyor belt systems, and general knowledge of pumping systems.
- Experience in PLC or Wonderware troubleshooting a plus.
- Strong computer skills; experience with a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS); SAP experience is a plus.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard