On behalf of our client a leader in providing high quality process automation services to manufacturing customers in Southern Ontario and the Greater Toronto Area including municipal, food and beverage, alternative fuels, cement, and plastics we are currently searching for an Electrical Estimator.
The company is seeking an experienced Electrical Estimator to join their team of automation and electrical professionals. In this role, the successful candidate will work closely with Managers and Project Coordinators to grow the industrial business. The successful candidate will enjoy the responsibility of independent work within a team approach to customer service supported by mentoring within a structured reporting environment
The successful candidate in their first year will lead the development of an effective estimating and bidding process for the company. This process will leverage the company’s unique strengths and will begin with job qualification and continue through to hand off to Project Coordinator for successful bids.
- Working with management to develop a process to qualify jobs for bidding
- Make recommendations of qualified jobs, through review and evaluation of proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work
- Quantifies all aspects of the tender document, including tender requirements, written specifications and project drawings
- Develops methods and processes with other company staff to gather and retain current and accurate data on the costs of goods, materials, market labour and equipment rates from suppliers and sub-trades
- Prepares detailed, accurate, professional estimates by calculating material take-offs, equipment and labour rates for tender verification
- Attends and participates pre-tender meetings, including estimate reviews and tender closings
- Recommends multiple scenarios based on cost, engineering quality or material availability and advises management of factors affecting construction
- Prepares final estimate summaries to include scope, price and comprehensiveness
- Reviews estimates with management as appropriate or as directed by management
- Working closely with management, submits completed tenders in a timely manner
- Makes recommendations for improvements in bid processes from knowledge gained from successful and unsuccessful bids.
- College Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Technology or Licensed Electrician.
- 3+ years electrical estimating experience in industrial construction
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet project deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in estimating using computer tools including AutoCAD and Microsoft office.
- Excellent time management skills
- Financial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to work well within multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to read and comprehend construction drawings.
Indeed - 20 months ago