Austin Powder Employee Reviews

great place to work just not enough money per hour
Driver/Shot Loader, Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Chico, TX18 November 2017
fun little muddy at times relaxed and great people around just not enough money manage is good and caring about his workers getting newer equipment laid back and real relaxed
Pros
weekends and holidays off benifits and great people to work with
Cons
not enough money
Nice Place To Work
DRILL OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Hindman, KY7 November 2017
Nice place to work and got paid well for operating the drill. I was laid off due to lack of work and the downfall of the coal industry. Overall it was a good place to work.
productive work enviroment
General Laborer/lead (Former Employee) –  McArthur, OH24 October 2017
Typical relaxed work environment but at the same time was very productive work environment for an explosive plant was pretty fair with the employees and supervisors were good to the employees
Pros
close to home
Cons
benefits and salery
Exciting industry with great coworkers.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MA, Bristol, CT22 August 2017
Atypical work day consisted of calling on customers, preparing price quotes and scheduling the next days activities.
I learned that good service was more important than the lowest price.
Management was fair, easy to reach and supportive.
The culture was hard working, long hours and fun.
The hardest part of the job was keeping all of the customers happy in a very competitive environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the travel involved.
Pros
Sold a great service and products.
Cons
I had limited flexability in pricing.
Managment is ok
Blaster (Current Employee) –  Wv4 August 2017
The pay sucks. Have to pay for your benefits and then hope you can find a doctor to take the insurance. Truck drivers make almost as much as the certified blasters which is a slap in the face.
Pros
More family time
Cons
Pay, insurance
Good pay. Lots of paid time off.
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  McArthur, OH29 June 2017
Pay is good. After a year you get 5 weeks off paid! The week of 4th of July paid. 2 weeks off at Christmas and New Year's paid. And 48 hours pto. It was the best employer I ever worked for and utterly regret eversaving Austin.
Pros
Pay. Vacation time
Cons
Good company to work for
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, WV13 April 2017
Austin powder is a good company to work for with many benefits, Holiday pay and paid sick days and management is easy to work for. They are understanding in case of needing days off,
Pros
overtime
Cons
pay rate
Needs improvments!
Transportation (Current Employee) –  Mcarthur ohio10 April 2017
This company use to be something, it's has gotten worse, they don't care for ur employees you are just a number, always wanting more and more, never say good job or thank you. Truck driver wise we are all under payed for what we haul, we are all underpaid for what we work with, the favoritism is very old, rules do not apply to people who are in the MASONS. it's not fair to fellow employees. New management would make this place a lot better!!
Pros
Pays the bills
Cons
Favortism, managment
Something needs to change
Driver (Current Employee) –  McArthur, OH9 April 2017
As a driver your just a truck number leave Sunday get back Friday night late 10 or 11pm sometimes Saturday but most of the time the dispatcher will give you a trip Thursday that will get you back by 11pm Friday so they can send you back out Sunday they play favorites a lot. It's really nice getting back to the plant 8am Friday thinking your going home but they hand you another trip so you get to spend all your Friday driving a hazmat vehicle while your angry about not being able to go home.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
No time at home. Treated poorly. Bad pay for what your hauling
Dependable company
Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  McArthur, OH15 February 2017
They are a great company to work for but the time away from home is a negative. They have up to date equipment and it is well maintained. They also keep their drivers well compensated for their down time.
High paying driving job
Driver (Current Employee) –  McArthur, OH28 January 2017
AS a driver your typical work day starts on Sunday and ends on Friday. Management is never on the same page and rarely knows what the other is doing.
Pros
see the country
Cons
No home time
Good work place for single people
Laborer/Driver (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NC20 December 2016
Austin powder is alot of early mornings and late afternoons. Alot of changes after you've already gone home for the day. For someone looking for a job with good overtime Austin Powder might be for you. But for someone with a young family it wasn't for me.
Buena experiencia laboral
Mantenimiento general (Former Employee) –  Rafaela, Santa Fe21 September 2016
Empresa comprometida con la seguridad del empleado ya que es de alto riesgo por ser una empresa de Explosivos.
Pros
Seguro medico privada y tarjeta descuento farmacia
Cons
No nada
Great company to work for.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Martin, KY15 September 2016
A typical day at work consisted of me going to the the job and working on trucks and drills. The management overall was great, co-workers was very easy to get along with. The hardest part about the job was probably going from day to night throughout the week, and the most enjoyable part about the job was staying busy.
Good company to work for.
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH8 June 2016
Worked with the company for 15 years. Didn't have any problems with any of my co-workers. Management was very helpful with job placement and meeting any needs of their employees. Was able to learn many things about the use of explosives, drilling patterns and operating different types of drills. Glad I got to work for the company.
This Company is all about them selves Be ware
SHOT CREW Member / HAULER (Former Employee) –  WV13 May 2016
Lets start by saying the get you to take the job for less money than what you wanted and then they work you and work you. Hire others and pay them more money They seem to hire hot heads then after you been there just shy of your 2 years they fire you and take your 401 so beware of them They write you up for going over your hours They Blame you for what others have done They treat you like dirt And the reason you drive so early is to avoid the truck scales you will never be anything to this Company I gave them everything I had every days work while other got to pick and choose what truck there were taking and which Quarry they were not going to its like a daycare center with kids and the younger hires get there way If you tell the company you want to be a blaster they will keep you You will not become a blaster unless you do it on your own I when I was hired the people that was there left after 6 months days are 12-16 hours when they have work they lost some very big Quarry's they have people's net on the trucks so you are always speeding so the say
Pros
a job
Cons
no breaks, no lunch, no Raises, no Respect
Upper management would ask employees at US Nitrogen to work in unsafe conditions and do work in a unsafe manner
Employee (Former Employee) –  Midway, TN3 February 2016
I would not recommend Us Nitrogen unless you like a job where production is put above your Safety and welfare.Benifits not very good , very expencive, overall bad culture .
Pros
Cons
not many
A lot of work.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sterling, CT11 November 2015
Good people, very interesting learning about the explosives and how to work a shot. Good hours for a decent pay. Happy to have worked there.
Pros
Good environment.
Cons
Not much growth in the company.
Company was very interesting
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PA11 September 2015
Austin Powder provided education on the products we supplied customers with. The office was very casual. Billing was my main function and it was interesting because every situation was different.
Very Productive
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Beechwood, OH22 July 2015
Fast passed, very organized environment. I worked with the company as a Temp Migrating and deploying laptops to the field agents that the company had assigned over the U.S. The staff was great my manager was the best I have ever had and would love to work for him again.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
drive home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Austin Powder. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9