The Austin Powder Company is seeking a Location Manager for our Westlock, Alberta location. The Austin Powder Company is a world leader in explosives manufacturing and in the commercial explosives blasting industry servicing the: quarry, coal mine, construction, and seismic exploration industries.
This role will manage location assets and personnel in our Westlock, Alberta office to meet established location goals and strategies in support of the regional strategic plan.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Manage a team of 4-10 people
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and producers
- Ensures compliance with all Provincial, Federal Explosive, and Blasting Acts.
- Ensure accurate, timely implementation and conformity of company and regulatory policies and procedures at the location, at customer sites and during transit.
- Respond to regulatory agencies during on-site inspections and other incidents involving company assets and/or personnel.
- Conduct and/or provide all required safety, task and health training for all location personnel as required.
- Manages location operations in support of company and LLC goals and strategies.
- Orders, maintains and inventories appropriate products, supplies, vehicles and equipment for the location to maximize asset utilization to meet customer requirements.
- Communicates customer and community concerns to appropriate company personnel.
- Manages the use, cost and maintenance of fixed assets assigned to the location. Maintains fixed asset lists of all equipment assigned to the location.
- Adheres to site security standards and housekeeping guidelines.
- Conducts timely inspection and maintenance of all location assets in order to control operational costs and to maximize equipment availability.
- Maximizes the utilization of equipment to successfully meet all agreed upon customer requirements and operating budget.
- Assists in establishing staffing requirements for the location.
- Hires personnel, establishes performance criteria and manages employee performance.
- Ensures adequate training and certification for location personnel.
- Participates in the investigation of accidents and/or incidents and provides corrective action, as appropriate
Qualifications / Requirements
- 5+ years of Industry Specific or related industry experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Ability to perform physical labor in all weather conditions
- Equipment/Vehicle knowledge and operational skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Advanced written and communication skills
- Class 3 Air License is preferred
- Extended Health
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Weekly Income (STD)
- Long Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
The Austin Powder Company begin in 1833 to manufacture black powder and used the black powder to blast rocks, mine coal, create canals, and literally move mountains. Today Austin Powder services the commercial explosives blasting industry. Commercial explosives are used primarily for construction, mining, quarrying, and seismic exploration. Austin Powder is a world leader in explosives manufacturing producing detonating cord, detonator-sensitive emulsions, cast boosters, high-explosive emulsions, and non-electric detonators.
Austin Powder Company began in 1833 to manufacture black powder to blast rocks, mine coal, create canals, and literally move mountains....