Austin Industries

Austin Industries Employee Reviews

safe work place
Auto shop Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2016
work 10 hours a day. fellow employees great working with. no advancement as a mechanic requirement to ware FRG clothing extremely hot. supervision pushes worker hard.
A good company to work with, always helpful and close to home.
Scaffold Builder (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXMarch 30, 2016
Overall the company extend all newcomers their welcome. The company has good atmosphere because of the people it has hired. The admin. side was always helpful with good helping to resolve all issues.
its fine
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Channelview, TXJune 19, 2016
i am currently working as a operation tech and its good if no one else is offering any other position, money sucks for my experience but still its a job
Pros
its a job
Cons
low pay
File Confidential Paperwork, schedule appointments, answer telephones
Field Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at Austin Industrial involved filing confidential paperwork from various contracted job sites, answering and directing calls(usually applicants), and performing drug tests on new hires. Also learned very helpful analysis of how payroll and billing worked. The staff is very nice and friendly at the Augusta Office. The hardest part of the job was making sure that everyone's payroll was turned in on time by 9 a.m. Monday mornings, because it has to be sent over to corporate for processing. The most enjoyable part of the job is that they make you feel like family by partaking in having meals together, remembering your birthday, and they are very understanding about needing days off.
Pros
Some free lunches, hour breaks, weekends off, paid holidays
Cons
healthcare
Na
Blaster/Painter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 6, 2016
Good and bad days but overall great experience. Get really good training, communication, and co-workers. Only bad thing its not guaranteed your job permanent.
A Great company to work for.
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXDecember 19, 2015
A typical working for Austin Industrial at Laxness is basically a normal daily routine. When I come in I would do my daily check on the forklift to make sure it is properly prepare to drive. I then did my JSA for my job and sign in, then i get on the propane forklift and do my job for 12 hours straight. I was allow one hour break for lunch, and if the lines were not producing fast i was able to have a 15min break in between.
Pros
You move up quick
Cons
Insurance is expensive, and no overtime
Good pay but new changes after company sold and laid off.
Chemical Plant/System Operator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 23, 2016
Market has caused the company to look for buyers for our location. After selling , the company's direction is still unclear. While it appears the only focus is cuts.
Great company to work for
Combo Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Good place to work great benefits; great company in helping achiving higher education, good at helping yong men &woman make them self more marketable for the high skill job market
This job is a very productive job
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJune 10, 2015
This is a different type of job a job I wouldn't refer to anyone. But it's a job and it's better than nothing. This job a job where you earn every cent. You wake up go to work sleep and go back to work, a very hard job you should always look for a job if you have this job. I didn't like it.
Pros
They let you go home early every now and then.
Cons
Waking up and going to work then you sleep and go back to work.
I like doing my job as a Ironworking an a Scaffolding Building too
Ironworking/ Scaffold Building/ Carpentry (Former Employee) –  anyway you got a jobMay 25, 2015
hi my name is Wilton Biggs and I was just online looking for job and I found him to you guys app...I work as an ironworker for 10 years I worked as a scaffold builder too. And I mostly worked as a carpenter so I have a lot of skills in all three of those but when I do my job I do my job right I do my job safe... but I'm looking forward to being on the team and do my job..

Wilton Biggs
life
Fork Lift Operator / Material Handler / Step Up (Current Employee) –  orange, txSeptember 26, 2015
Fun productivity and safe. Always willing to learn new thing.. Gym, alone time.. Home and Relaxation.. Do it all again the next day.
I really enjoyed my time with this company
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMMay 19, 2015
Had an amazing group of coworkers. Loved my bosses. always looked forward to the start of everyday. my time spent with this company really made me enjoy construction you got to see that what you were doing there actually helped build something.
learned a lot during my time with austin
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJuly 9, 2015
worked 4 10's maintenance and loved every second of it. a typical day at work would start with a safety meeting in morning then go over job scope. quality work all of the time.
Typical Body Shop Mentality
I&E Maint. Technician (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXNovember 1, 2014
From previous posts, I guess condtions were contingent on location of job. I found management to be very indifferent to fairness. Rate of pay was substandard, and raises were frequently renegged upon. General treatment by Austin site management was terrible and going to work each day for them wasn't exactly the high point of the day.
Pros
a paycheck.
Cons
typical industrial contractor run by ex-brown & root cliques
Great Contractor
Control Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLJune 22, 2013
Austin is a contractor of temporary help in the industry and is very employee oriented as the employees own part of the company they have several benefit plans you can tailor to fit your needs and and pocketbook they supply all safety gear provide training and advancement along there guidelines and OUC policy and guidelines.I spent most of my career at this site and had worked with most of them while with Reliant Energy so it was a pleasure being back on this site and helping these guys adjust and get hired by OUC
Company with lots of oppurtunity
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Deeerpark, TexasJune 27, 2013
I started working with Austin Industries as a heavy equip. operator. They were the first industrial electrical job I got the oppurtunity to work. I learned that there's not much difference in commercial and industrial except for the higher voltage. I learned plenty of troubleshooting by being on the maintance crew. Most of the older electricians were willing to share their knowledge in the plant and tricks of the trade.
Pros
oppurtunity to expand your knowledge and career
Cons
the insurance of the employees wasn't great or cheap
productive and safe environment
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXOctober 23, 2012
Worked daily from monday thru friday ocassionaly on saturdays. I learned the hazards in the oil industry and how to overcome any hazardous situations with OSHA safety training. The co-workers were competitive, and managed to get alot of production done through out the day. The only struggle for me was the humid weather outside at times. However I did enjoy learning something new on the job every day thanks to the co-workers and foremans.
Pros
1 hour lunches and two 30 minute breaks
Cons
rain outs causing all employees to be sent home for the day.
Good work place
Operations Process Area (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Getting all my readings sampling bath waters for methanol content, instructing new hires for training, looking over process areas to make sure everything is running correctly ,trouble shooting equipment
Pros
outstanding work place
Cons
401k, insurance etc vacation pay
A family oriented company with some room to grow.
Maintenance tech (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 15, 2014
Normally I will start my day with a short meeting with my boss to discuss the game plan for the day. I have one person to assist me in our daily duties. I work and manage each project to my satisfaction unless told different from my boss or the customer. I work with a group of nice people. And the most enjoyable part of the day when we get together on break and talk about our day.
A lot of hard work, But i learned a lot.
Scaffold Carpenter, (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJune 25, 2015
I started with this company as a helper to get my foot in the door working in the plant business. I moved from helper to carpenter.