Austin Industries

Austin Industries Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
cut grass
Grass Crew (Former Employee), londelbasellJune 30, 2015
nice people to work with and good wages.
decent equipment.
good lunch breaks to good care of there people and equipment.
A lot of hard work, But i learned a lot.
Scaffold Carpenter, (Former Employee), Deer Park, TXJune 25, 2015
I started with this company as a helper to get my foot in the door working in the plant business. I moved from helper to carpenter.
This job is a very productive job
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJune 10, 2015
Pros: They let you go home early every now and then.
Cons: Waking up and going to work then you sleep and go back to work.
This is a different type of job a job I wouldn't refer to anyone. But it's a job and it's better than nothing. This job a job where you earn every cent. You wake up go to work sleep and go back to work, a very hard job you should always look for a job if you have this job. I didn't like it.
I like doing my job as a Ironworking an a Scaffolding Building too
Ironworking/ Scaffold Building/ Carpentry (Former Employee), anyway you got a jobMay 25, 2015
Cons: Yes
hi my name is Wilton Biggs and I was just online looking for job and I found him to you guys app...I work as an ironworker for 10 years I worked as a scaffold builder too. And I mostly worked as a carpenter so I have a lot of skills in all three of those but when I do my job I do my job right I do my job safe... but I'm looking forward to being on the team and do my job..

Wilton Biggs
I really enjoyed my time with this company
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee), Los Alamos, NMMay 19, 2015
Had an amazing group of coworkers. Loved my bosses. always looked forward to the start of everyday. my time spent with this company really made me enjoy construction you got to see that what you were doing there actually helped build something.
good benefits.
Labor/ Scaffold Helper (Former Employee), Deer Park, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: Far from house.
They treated you very good. You were considered family. They rewarded you for the safety records that were being accomplished.
Good work place
Operations Process Area (Current Employee), La Porte, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: outstanding work place
Cons: 401k, insurance etc vacation pay
Getting all my readings sampling bath waters for methanol content, instructing new hires for training, looking over process areas to make sure everything is running correctly ,trouble shooting equipment
productive and great learning environment
Desktop support analyst (Current Employee), dallas txDecember 1, 2014
I learned how to manage estimating software and configure on server managed licenses.
Typical Body Shop Mentality
I&E Maint. Technician (Former Employee), Alvin, TXNovember 1, 2014
Pros: a paycheck.
Cons: typical industrial contractor run by ex-brown & root cliques
From previous posts, I guess condtions were contingent on location of job. I found management to be very indifferent to fairness. Rate of pay was substandard, and raises were frequently renegged upon. General treatment by Austin site management was terrible and going to work each day for them wasn't exactly the high point of the day.
productive workplace
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: management laid back
Cons: healthcare
Every morning have a safety meeting and talk about the work day ahead. Then all getting into your groups and go to work
Cash Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: esop
Cons: work/life balance
100% ESOP a huge benefit. Fast paced, ever changing environment.
Well known company.
Millwright Helper (Former Employee), TexasJune 26, 2014
Pros: provided uniforms
Cons: rain outs.
Management was fair. Worked out in the weather that was the hardest. Other then that it was all good.
Austin Industries
Gounds Man (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 29, 2014
A great place to start a career they have good management excellent workers I enjoy working in heavy machinery a typical day is not knowing what to do that is the hardest thing is not knowing how to preforming job duty.
A family oriented company with some room to grow.
Maintenance tech (Current Employee), Wilson, NCJanuary 15, 2014
Normally I will start my day with a short meeting with my boss to discuss the game plan for the day. I have one person to assist me in our daily duties. I work and manage each project to my satisfaction unless told different from my boss or the customer. I work with a group of nice people. And the most enjoyable part of the day when we get together on break and talk about our day.
This job consisted of duties that pertain to production and shipment of products.
Operator (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: stable, consistent employment.
A typical work day for Austin Industries included production in the powder line at Nutri Sweet Company. Those duties including packaging, boxing,and shipment of product. This job duty gave me more insight of how production works for a company.
Productive and Great Company
Second Class Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee), Deer Park, TXDecember 18, 2013
Austin Industries is a great company to work for. Since day 1 they were very informative and helped me understand everything I needed to know and they know how to get the job done. Management was a wonderful group of people.
Company with lots of oppurtunity
Electrician (Former Employee), Deeerpark, TexasJune 27, 2013
Pros: oppurtunity to expand your knowledge and career
Cons: the insurance of the employees wasn't great or cheap
I started working with Austin Industries as a heavy equip. operator. They were the first industrial electrical job I got the oppurtunity to work. I learned that there's not much difference in commercial and industrial except for the higher voltage. I learned plenty of troubleshooting by being on the maintance crew. Most of the older electricians were willing to share their knowledge in the plant and tricks of the trade.
Great Contractor
Control Center Operator (Former Employee), Titusville, FLJune 22, 2013
Austin is a contractor of temporary help in the industry and is very employee oriented as the employees own part of the company they have several benefit plans you can tailor to fit your needs and and pocketbook they supply all safety gear provide training and advancement along there guidelines and OUC policy and guidelines.I spent most of my career at this site and had worked with most of them while with Reliant Energy so it was a pleasure being back on this site and helping these guys adjust and get hired by OUC
productive and safe environment
Carpenter (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXOctober 23, 2012
Pros: 1 hour lunches and two 30 minute breaks
Cons: rain outs causing all employees to be sent home for the day.
Worked daily from monday thru friday ocassionaly on saturdays. I learned the hazards in the oil industry and how to overcome any hazardous situations with OSHA safety training. The co-workers were competitive, and managed to get alot of production done through out the day. The only struggle for me was the humid weather outside at times. However I did enjoy learning something new on the job every day thanks to the co-workers and foremans.

About Austin Industries

Austin Industries and its operating companies engage in almost every type of civil, commercial and industrial construction. Austin – Read more