Austin Industries

Austin Industries Employee Reviews

A good company to work with, always helpful and close to home.
Scaffold Builder (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXMarch 30, 2016
Overall the company extend all newcomers their welcome. The company has good atmosphere because of the people it has hired. The admin. side was always helpful with good helping to resolve all issues.
Good pay but new changes after company sold and laid off.
Chemical Plant/System Operator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 23, 2016
Market has caused the company to look for buyers for our location. After selling , the company's direction is still unclear. While it appears the only focus is cuts.
Great company to work for
Combo Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Good place to work great benefits; great company in helping achiving higher education, good at helping yong men &woman make them self more marketable for the high skill job market
A Great company to work for.
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXDecember 19, 2015
A typical working for Austin Industrial at Laxness is basically a normal daily routine. When I come in I would do my daily check on the forklift to make sure it is properly prepare to drive. I then did my JSA for my job and sign in, then i get on the propane forklift and do my job for 12 hours straight. I was allow one hour break for lunch, and if the lines were not producing fast i was able to have a 15min break in between.
Pros
You move up quick
Cons
Insurance is expensive, and no overtime
life
Fork Lift Operator / Material Handler / Step Up (Current Employee) –  orange, txSeptember 26, 2015
Fun productivity and safe. Always willing to learn new thing.. Gym, alone time.. Home and Relaxation.. Do it all again the next day.
learned a lot during my time with austin
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJuly 9, 2015
worked 4 10's maintenance and loved every second of it. a typical day at work would start with a safety meeting in morning then go over job scope. quality work all of the time.
A lot of hard work, But i learned a lot.
Scaffold Carpenter, (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXJune 25, 2015
I started with this company as a helper to get my foot in the door working in the plant business. I moved from helper to carpenter.
This job is a very productive job
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJune 10, 2015
This is a different type of job a job I wouldn't refer to anyone. But it's a job and it's better than nothing. This job a job where you earn every cent. You wake up go to work sleep and go back to work, a very hard job you should always look for a job if you have this job. I didn't like it.
Pros
They let you go home early every now and then.
Cons
Waking up and going to work then you sleep and go back to work.
I like doing my job as a Ironworking an a Scaffolding Building too
Ironworking/ Scaffold Building/ Carpentry (Former Employee) –  anyway you got a jobMay 25, 2015
hi my name is Wilton Biggs and I was just online looking for job and I found him to you guys app...I work as an ironworker for 10 years I worked as a scaffold builder too. And I mostly worked as a carpenter so I have a lot of skills in all three of those but when I do my job I do my job right I do my job safe... but I'm looking forward to being on the team and do my job..

Wilton Biggs
Cons
I really enjoyed my time with this company
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMMay 19, 2015
Had an amazing group of coworkers. Loved my bosses. always looked forward to the start of everyday. my time spent with this company really made me enjoy construction you got to see that what you were doing there actually helped build something.
good benefits.
Labor/ Scaffold Helper (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXMay 14, 2015
They treated you very good. You were considered family. They rewarded you for the safety records that were being accomplished.
Pros
good people
Cons
Far from house.
Good work place
Operations Process Area (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Getting all my readings sampling bath waters for methanol content, instructing new hires for training, looking over process areas to make sure everything is running correctly ,trouble shooting equipment
Pros
outstanding work place
Cons
401k, insurance etc vacation pay
productive and great learning environment
Desktop support analyst (Current Employee) –  dallas txDecember 1, 2014
I learned how to manage estimating software and configure on server managed licenses.
Typical Body Shop Mentality
I&E Maint. Technician (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXNovember 1, 2014
From previous posts, I guess condtions were contingent on location of job. I found management to be very indifferent to fairness. Rate of pay was substandard, and raises were frequently renegged upon. General treatment by Austin site management was terrible and going to work each day for them wasn't exactly the high point of the day.
Pros
a paycheck.
Cons
typical industrial contractor run by ex-brown & root cliques
productive workplace
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 15, 2014
Every morning have a safety meeting and talk about the work day ahead. Then all getting into your groups and go to work
Pros
management laid back
Cons
healthcare
Cash Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2014
100% ESOP a huge benefit. Fast paced, ever changing environment.
Pros
esop
Cons
work/life balance
Well known company.
Millwright Helper (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 26, 2014
Management was fair. Worked out in the weather that was the hardest. Other then that it was all good.
Pros
provided uniforms
Cons
rain outs.
Austin Industries
Gounds Man (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 29, 2014
A great place to start a career they have good management excellent workers I enjoy working in heavy machinery a typical day is not knowing what to do that is the hardest thing is not knowing how to preforming job duty.
A family oriented company with some room to grow.
Maintenance tech (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 15, 2014
Normally I will start my day with a short meeting with my boss to discuss the game plan for the day. I have one person to assist me in our daily duties. I work and manage each project to my satisfaction unless told different from my boss or the customer. I work with a group of nice people. And the most enjoyable part of the day when we get together on break and talk about our day.
This job consisted of duties that pertain to production and shipment of products.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 5, 2014
A typical work day for Austin Industries included production in the powder line at Nutri Sweet Company. Those duties including packaging, boxing,and shipment of product. This job duty gave me more insight of how production works for a company.
Pros
stable, consistent employment.