Ausenco

Ausenco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enthusiastic collegues, teamwork and supportive
Cost Control/Project Accountant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good balance work/play.socials are well attented
Cons: down turn in the mining industry, project work is not guarenteed
Great work / life balance.TReated as adults with an excellant "give and take" attitude
best company I've worked for!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 8, 2012
Pros: contests, free lunches, yoga room, discounted transit, break room with tv and kitchen, fridays off (conditions apply)
Cons: with so many staff it's hard to remember all the names
Don't let the negative feedback fool you, Auseno is a great place to work!

Competative wages, great company culture, and management that leads by example are just a few of the reasons why there are thousands of happy long term employees here.

Review boards are always skewed because disgruntled employees take the time to complain and happy ones don't. – more... Search any company online and you will find a ton of negative feedback.

Come work at Ausenco and decide for yourself! – less

November 12, 2012

THIS MUST BE A COMMENT FROM THE HR CREW. FROM THE 1-1 MEETINGS WITH OUR TEAMS AND THE FEEDBACK SESSIONS WERE TOLD FALSE PROMISES WHICH NEVER HAPPENED. THIS IS A HIRE AND FIRE COMPANY. AUSENCO IS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR IF YOU ARE A CONTRACTOR I WOULD RECOMMEND YOU GO THERE AS IT IS GOOD EXPERIENCE AND LEARNING AMONG THE CHAOS. THE AFRICAN PROJECTS AND ONES ABROAD WILL GIVE YOU A LOT OF EXPERIENCE..GO FOR THE MONEY HUNT THOUGH AS STAFF OR CONTRACT YOU WILL GET THE KICK. AS FOR THE ABOVE, IF SOMEONE LOVES TO WORK FOR THE COMPANY WORK FOR "FREE" I HAVE DONE MY FAIR SHARE FOR AUSENCO WHEREBY WE WORKED TO GET THE JOB OVER THE LINE WEEKENDS AND ON LUMP SUM PROJECTS IN THE PROMISE OF A BONUS THAT NEVER CAME...

January 28, 2013

I'm sure it's a wonderful company to work for when you're in a nice cushy permanent office building with all of the necessary resources at hand... but if you're paying any attention to the bulk of the reviews , you'll see that they're from FIELD employees. Employees who are sent to work out the middle of nowhere and given NO support! You're not dealing with someone in a different country, who has NEVER EVEN BEEN TO THE SITE, making decisions about the needs of a project site 50+miles from civilization. Absolutely ZERO support for field project personnel!

Amiable staff
Mechanical, Electrical and Process Designer (Former Employee), Burlington OntarioSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: good staff
Cons: keeps a core staff for hard time
Worked there for almost 3 years. They handle building engineering services a work place that fluctuates with the economy
Working with good team players.
CAD Administrator (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 12, 2012
Assist employees with any problems with software or hardware to be more productive in completing a project.
I have enjoyed working with Ausenco for the past five years.
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY (Current Employee), Reno, NVDecember 12, 2013
I have enjoyed working with Ausenco for the past five years. I have learned a lot while working here. I enjoy working the team both here and in our other office. If it wasn't for relocating to Pennsylvania I would be staying with the company.
Very interesting assignment to oversee costs and implementation of new infrastructure project development.
Senior project control engineer (Former Employee), Orange, Cadia ValleyNovember 9, 2013
Pros: very productive and educative.
Cons: nothing really. enjoyed it.
Collect, collate, analyse and summarise the constructibility and cost data for the 24 hours and present the presentations in the daily management/supervisors/engineers/contractors and safet and contract administration staff.

Explain S-curves for civil, mechanical, electrical jobs completion presentations and progress issues.

Raise points to achieve – more... target implementation goals. Manage information flow to the client management and the Austenco management at Brisbane.

Work closely with the two project managers at one time.

Liaise with the supervisors, planner/schedules, project engineer, contract administrator and safety officers to ensure satisfactory project implementation.

This project for Newcrest Gold Mines was completed in time and below budget. – less
A productive office yet maintaining an enjoyable environment in which to work. Professional people with a good sense of humour
Mechanical Design Checker (Former Employee), Brisbane, QLDOctober 30, 2013
Daily routine included some complex design resolutions involving some or all other disciplines. This allowed the appreciation of the other disciplines & their concerns. Design review meetings proved beneficial for all project team members. Management was over managed as thought by many team members. All co-workers were enjoyable to work with & many – more... friendships resulted. The hardest part of the job was completing all designs while dealing with conferences, meetings, writing reports, responding to management emails, checking other disciplinary designs & general design resolutions. The most enjoyable part of the job was a general sense of fun around the design office. – less
Strong potential, good fundamentals
Technical Support Manager/Project Engineer (Former Employee), Brisbane, QLDOctober 28, 2013
Ausenco has strong potential for growth as the company as good fundamentals in place.
Great people
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Brisbane, QLDAugust 30, 2013
Pros: the people, open discussions, location
Cons: quiet times
Typical day
Emails. Grab a coffee/tea from the kitchen, have a few chats. Then get stuck in to excel or reports or team meetings. Lunch! Then back to excel, reports, research or discussing ideas. Go home.

What I learned
I learned how to do concept studies, pre-feasibility studies, feasibility studies, detailed design, and commission.

Co-workers
My – more... co-workers made it a great place to work. We had a very good team, lots of discussions.

Hardest part
Hardest part of the job is the quiet times. The extremes, either full on (much preferred!) or a bit quiet. The quiet times made the days long.

Most enjoyable part:
Working in multidisplinary teams was the highlight. Working with interesting people to achieve results. The occasional free lunch from Vendor meetings was quite enjoyable too. – less
Good place to work with opportunities to travel around the world.
Lead Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Concord, CAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: travel, variety of work.
Cons: international travel is a strain to a family.
Ausenco is a small international engineering company that is a great place to work for. The travel opportunities that I had with this company have been amazing, from both a personal and professional point of view. My electrical design experience is international in scope because of my work at Ausenco.
Great Place to work, the role could be really challenging
Cost Administrator (Former Employee), South BrisbaneAugust 12, 2013
Pros: being able to start and finish work early. learning new things every day
Cons: month end was always stressful and required long hours
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing timecards and submitting for approval, or if rejected, chasing amended timecards. Entering invoices and submitted them for approval. Contacting the client or Subcontractor to discuss any invoicing discrepancies. I also had to assist with manipulating Excel spread sheets.
In my time with Ausenco, I learnt – more... how to process the Client's monthly invoices, which was a week long process. I also learnt how to use the systems that they used.
The hardest part of the job was the monthly Client invoicing.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with the team that I was with and being able to go to site to train everyone on a new system that was implemented. – less
Great people
Civil Designer / Draftee (Current Employee), perth , western australiaMay 21, 2013
Pros: work
Cons: work
Very demanding job. Time is constantly monitored as we try to fast track project after project. Very demanding.
Great place to gain a wide variety of experience
Senior Electrical Design Draftsman (Current Employee), BrisbaneMarch 16, 2013
Pros: people, gym, oportunities, flexibility
Cons: ?
typical day - busy
learned -
management - hard to say when you're not really involved
co workers - most are great people just trying to get a job done
hardest part of job - getting a good coffee & parking
best part of job - supportive environment
Average friendly Company to work for
Senior Process Draftsperson (Former Employee), Perth Western AustraliaJanuary 15, 2013
Ausenco was a very average company to work for, quite flexible
as long as you did your hours and expected you to work long hours
when required. They offered training when necessary.
Most people working there were friendly and helpful.
Perth office is ceasing to be a divison and will be managed by
Brisbane office - not sure how this is going to work – more... effectively – less
Avoid if possible
Contractor (Former Employee), Elko NEvadaNovember 8, 2012
Pros: i loved elko
Cons: lack of vision, lack of support, lack of quality people.
Ausenco is a fiasco of a company. I was a contractor and Ausenco refused to support me in any way.

Management is extremely far away and do not understand the reality of site conditions. The engineering staff acted like it was punishment to be sent to Elko for even a short amount of time, so we had almost no support in that area.

I was asked to send – more... all of my work and file weekly reports with Vancouver and in the same email I was told that I would receive nothing from them. Very confusing,... "You work for us, but we will do NOTHING for you!". Who runs a project like that?

The incredible lack of communication on top of decisions made by people who have no understanding of working 50+ miles from civilization, and much of the staff on site had become so jaded that sometimes they were as little help as Vancouver was. They were collecting a paycheck instead of trying to make the project a success.

To quote another reviewer: "The overall lack of response by people who were supposed to support us, left a general feeling of being neglected, forgotten, and sorely abused." Hits the nail right on the head.

On a side note, most of the Canadians we worked with could not see value in trying to improve the project in anyway. Their mentality was "Why fix it if it isn't broke?". It may not have been broke, but it was in need of improvement. So they thought it was a waste of time and that attitude drove me nuts. – less
AVOID THIS COMPANY NO ETHICS, MORALES OR VALUES
Manager (Former Employee), AustraliaOctober 12, 2012
Pros: was once a very good company, good people, team, environment, culture
Cons: cut throat, unethical, does not treat clients well
I worked at Ausenco for many years across various offices and client sites. The company has a hire and fire mentality and having seen this during the financial crisis staff are taken over contractors and are grossly underpaid and at times fired for no reason usually 1 or 2 weeks prior to them having the right to have a redundancy payout.

From a client – more... perspective the clients having worked closely with them and on their site managing Ausenco Projects having been frustrated and neglected with management not backing up the Engineering team and not taking account of project deliverables.

The word on the street from Kazakhmys one of the biggest mining producers having awarded the numerous offices four major projects is that it has been a disaster. The work will be guaranteed to be taken away from them.

Satisfaction is almost zero with a firing mentality of management, no client focus especially when coming from the client side, prior to the EPCM and no consulting of lead engineers and project managers prior to releasing staff.

Moral, quality is non existent, and local staff are fired or not hired in place of those with VISA 457's on the grounds that they are less expensive being an "Ausenco Strategic Direction"

Most of the work is also farmed out to third world countries which lack expertise. Having been in these low cost engineering centres at Ausenco it is hire and fire where they are pulled off the street at whoever costs the least then let go once the project finishes. The Joburg office is thus shut after the execution of the project with personnel fired. Most of the proposals sent through may not be 100 percent correct and unethical subject to interpretation of the details to win a job,

Tools provided to designers also jeopardise production with the software not up standard resulting in designers having to use old software which is more time consuming and cumbersome. Management will not back up their employees are personnel especially in client sites, racism also at times are in play.

In general this company does not pay well to staff, is hire and fire, you will lead a team of foreign engineers and designers over locals even onsite in construction and there is no control of your own teams. The moral of the company is low and quality / talent has since left. When I started at this company it was small and had a good quality and group, however in my humble opinion is now a company that I no longer recognise. – less
No values , steer well clear of this company
Project Controls (Former Employee), Brisbane, AustraliaOctober 3, 2012
Cons: you wont work here for long, no values, disorganised
Company has a hire and fire mentality , people are just let go for no reason while still in probation when the "next best thing" comes past. Be careful when applying with this company , behind the front lies a rotten core.
NO ...NO ...NO ...!!!
Permanent employee (lasted 7 months) (Former Employee), VancouverSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: just a job.
Cons: bottom of the class -- tier c company.
TERRIBLE COMPANY. Hire... Fire. Hire...Fire. Extremely high turnover. Terrible morale. No client focus. No integrity. Sloppy employee relations. Not professional. Only in it for a fast buck.
Long-term Temp Project Employees are Neglected
Admin (Former Employee), NevadaMay 28, 2012
Pros: good pay, nice people, family/work balance
Cons: poor communication between departments, poor hr/payroll support, horrible benefit premiums
Ausenco acquires businesses in industries they want to branch out into. Unfortunately, it resulted in the decision-makers being extremely far removed from the reality of site conditions. We answered to Canada but our HR/payroll was handled out of California. The Cali payroll rep & Canadian HSEC rep had no knowledge of the US/Nevada requirements. Meanwhile, – more... Canada and California don't communicate. The general lack of communication, decisions made by people who have no understanding of working 65 miles from civilization, and the overall lack of response by people who were supposed to support us, left a general feeling of being neglected, forgotten, and sorely abused. Lastly, benefit premiums are astronimcally high by Nevada standards...but were were lumped into California's plan. – less
Company that take care of their employees.
MOBILE CRUSHER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Tonkili site, Siera Leone.April 29, 2012
I learned to work with foreign people. My co-workers are fun and hard working. The most enjoyable of the job was the accomplishments.

About Ausenco

Ausenco began in Brisbane, Australia, in 1991, with a small team of talented engineers offering innovative solutions to the mining – Read more