Aurora Scientific Inc. specializes in the design and manufacture of research instruments. Our main product line is designed for muscle physiology research but we also offer products for micro-seismic measurements in mines and products for gas dispersion studies. The muscle physiology products include: force transducers, lever systems, stimulators, control software and test apparatus. These products are designed for testing force-length-velocity relations in a wide variety of natural and artificial fibers. All these instruments offer superior performance, high quality and excellent flexibility. Instruments are sold individually or in complete systems.
The Electronics Designer is responsible for circuit design, PC board layout, building, testing, troubleshooting, repairing and modifying developmental electronic components, parts, equipment and systems. S/he will apply principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing and physics. The Electronics Designer works under the supervision of the R+D Manager.
- An Electrical Engineering Technologist (EET) diploma, be a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) or equivalent and have 2 - 4+ years practical experience in the field.
- Hands-on experience in electrical design/manufacturing
- Strong analog circuit design experience
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Work outside set boundaries to find solutions to problems
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions (written, oral, diagram or schedule form)
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to read and create wiring diagrams
- Strong analytical and creative skills
- Ability to manage and complete multiple and unpredictable workloads
- Clear written and strong verbal communication skills, able to interface with customers and sales
- Knowledge and experience with the National Electrical Code, CEC and the UL/CSA certification process for products
- Knowledge of CE and electrical codes and standards from overseas locations are an asset
- Knowledge of digital logic and programming
- Knowledge and use of AutoCAD, Protel
- Able to work with stringent and unpredictable scheduling demands
- Detail oriented
- Sets high standards with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates design creativity, problem solving and design efficiency
- Research and Development
- Assist in preparing design, drawings and specifications.
- Design electronic circuits and use Altium Designer DXP (Protel) to create schematic capture data files Build and test prototype circuits as required
- Designs and develops new electrical/electronic solutions for both standard and customized applications. Select electronics equipment, components and systems to meet functional specifications
- Set up and operate specialized and standard test equipment to diagnose, test and analyze the performance of electronic components, assemblies and systems Assist scientists and engineers in conducting applied research in electronics engineering
- Educate equipment operators on the proper use of equipment Provide support to technical sales staff regarding product characteristics
- Act as assistance to the Sales department with the ability to be called on to provide technical support to clients
- Communicate with clients regarding new product designs; obtain suggestions for improvement and other feedback
- Specifies appropriate electrical solutions for specific projects
- Provides technical assistance in sourcing standard electrical components.
- Create bill of Materials (BOMs) for circuit boards and for entire device
- Creation of Engineering Change Orders required by changes to the electrical/electronic components of our products
- Develop products, training and instruction manuals for customers and internal users
- Take reasonable actions to ensure safety within the plant with particular emphasis on electrical safety
- Prepare and maintain design, testing or operational records and documentation
- Write procedures and training tools for inclusion in the Procedures Library as required
- Research and design
- Create drawings for fabrication
- Consult with customers about ongoing design issues
- Create drawings for fabrication
- To create and modify unreleased parts, parts lists and BOMs.
- To create Engineering Change Orders for released BOMs
- Provide technical support to customers as a response to sales requests and notify sales of results and any additional needs
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -