August Electronics Inc. is a world-class electronics contract manufacturer, located in Calgary, Alberta. We specialize in providing complete manufacturing solutions to the electronics industry. August offers an exceptional work environment and competitive salary for our employees.
Quality Assurance Manager
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the QA Manager ensures that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications at August Electronics.
- Develop a framework for the various systemic and process procedures already in place at August Electronics. As much as possible, this framework should be consistent with the requirements of a registered ISO program.
- Work closely with the various departments within August Electronics to develop and/or update workflow procedures to fit into the framework referenced above.
- Develop audit strategies for each of the documented workflow procedures referenced above.
- Participate in, and supervise internal audits based on the methods established above. Devise standardize reporting methods to present and analyze audit results, including historical trending.
- Respond to customer requests Corrective Action Reports in instances where non-conforming product has been shipped. Investigate the circumstances that produced the nonconformance and work with the departments involved to identify preventive actions.
- Document instances of nonconforming components received from vendors and work with the materials group to determine part disposition.
- Establish and maintain a QA program for monitoring supplier quality, including audits, controls, and other qualifiers.
- Provide leadership developing and directing QA and quality improvement initiatives for all company products and services.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating with vendors, customers, and internal departments
- Minimum 5 years related experience with QA systems, regulations, guidelines and associated standards
- Familiarity with TQM, QPS, lean manufacturing, and ISO registration are desirable.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary range
- Group benefits package (after completion of 3months probationary period)
- Flexible work environment
- 3 weeks vacation
- Proximity to C-Train (Whitehorn Station)
Indeed - 17 months ago