August Electronics Inc. is a world-class electronics contract manufacturer, located in Calgary, Alberta. We specialize in providing complete manufacturing solutions to the electronics industry. We continually strive to maintain the “gold standard” against which our competitors are judged.
We are currently hiring for the following position:
- Final inspection - Checking for bad solder, missing components, and defects on printed circuit boards (PCB)
- Manually assemble various electronic components on PCB
- Hand soldering of through-hole and SMT
- Use of microscopes
- Understand and review the product through specified production process, recognizing areas of defect and taking appropriate actions to rectify them.
- Perform all work to organizational standards to ensure final product meets quality standards.
- Determine and report product and equipment malfunctions to the appropriate authority.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and assigned work area at all times.
- Work effectively as part of a team to ensure productivity and efficiency.
- Assure the daily and weekly production schedule is adhered to.
- Participate in educational and training opportunities applicable to the position.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years’ experience doing hand soldering and small component assembly
- Strong manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination skills
- IPC Standard Certification considered an asset
- Experience with through-hole and SMT
- Previous production work considered an asset.
- Willing and able to follow specific instructions.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with little supervision.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Commitment to accuracy and detail oriented.
- Good oral and written communication abilities
- Ability to perform under pressure and work in a fast-paced environment.
Please feel free to submit your resume and cover letter (position title must be in the subject line) to the human resources department.