Auberge du Pommier Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Service Captain (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2017
Bont be late!
Great teaching programs
Management strive to be enlghtneed
Competitive workplace culture
Keeping up with demands of constantly busy restaurant
Auberge Du Pommier
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
Auberge puts out the best french cuisine in Toronto. A Very difficult and high pressure place to work but puts out the best food. High end ingredients, fresh and local produce.
A modern french fine dining restaurant
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario13 April 2013
A typical day at work can last anywhere from 6 to 17 hours - so the days are long. Service at lunch is fast paced and quick. The opening manager and servers are responsible for detailing the restaurant and making sure it is ready for service - and also doing the same thing at the end of lunch service in preparation of service. We iron our table clothes - we want perfection. Dinner service is a bit more laid back - but not in terms of service - our attention to detail is high - but the service moves a bit slower - tables sit for longer over the course of the evening. And at the end of the night we reset the room again for lunch service the next day. Taking care to double check that everything is perfect and ready to go for the next morning. Since I have been on staff at Auberge du Pommier I have learned what it takes to not only be a great server, and a great leader. All of the co-workers are great. Everyone is very friendly and supportive of each other. The hardest part of the job is the emotional service - because that is how we go above and beyond to wow our guests. Providing a small bouquet of flowers for a lady celebrating a birthday - exceptional service etc.
Seeing the guests happy at the end of the night is the best part of the job. Knowing that as a team we have come together to make a couples / groups night memorable and special is a unique experience.
I love working with the chefs and front of house team at Auberge. They are phenomenal people.
Pros
great staff and work environment
Cons
difficult to advance in your career