Atwell Employee Reviews

Well Balanced Strong Team
Director (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MI29 November 2017
I have been working with Atwell since July, but had Atwell as a client for about 8 years prior. The culture is great and the project scope for our engineers is expanding. It is true that engineers make the world move. Our teams have a great understanding of how to help a client and not just give the client what they think they need, but rather consult on what will work best. It has been a great experience to work with a company that values its employees and teamwork. Atwell shares resources for all 19 offices and have a great atmosphere where staff can learn and grow. I am also not used to the great benefits that a large company can offer. Overall, my experience with Atwell has been great and I love the fact that we are continuing to grow.
Cons
Non at this time. I will update if that changes.
Professional organization
Sr. Agent (Former Employee) –  Ohio and Michigan3 November 2016
Very good company with exceptional values in providing service to their client. The company has excellent leadership in providing needed information to the agent.
Short assignment
Survey Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Naperville IL.20 October 2016
No thanks, I did not work for Atwell long enough to give a qualified opinion. I would work for them again in the future. Did not care for substation work.
Official response from Atwell
29 November 2017

We are very sorry you didn't have a great experience working in the Substation Niche. While I don't think this is something we can control we will work better on vetting candidates that like the type of work we are doing. Thanks for taking time to give us feedback as this is what makes us continue to grow and get better.

Overall a Good place to work if they had work for related fields
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZ22 March 2016
Co-Workers were awesome, the best I have been around in a long time. If Atwell had more work in the related fields things would be better.
Pros
Good Co-Workers
Cons
Poor Management on SCS
Great field level management, horrible upper level management
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Arizona19 May 2014
Field foreman wee fantastic,fair and easy to work with. Field superintendent is a liar, and will treat you horribly if he finds a reason to dislike you personally. Office management promised benefits and the ability to stay close to home prior to hiring me then went back on that promise. The company only takes care of supervisors and lets the workers fend for themselves. They have NO work at the pinto valley mines.
Pros
good hourly pay
Cons
dishonest/ never home
Official response from Atwell
29 November 2017

As a newer member of corporate services, I can only apologize that your experience was negative and do everything in my power to make sure this doesn't happen again. After the December 2014 healthcare act was put into place I can assure you all employees are given access to benefits and while some of our positions do require travel I will work on getting better feedback on how much travel will be involved. Thanks for your feedback and hopefully, you are enjoying a solid career close to home.

Not bad company to work for
Part Time Administrator (Former Employee) –  Swindon, ENG18 July 2013
Nice people, nice wages, nice offices - what more can I say?!
My first real job
Office Manager and Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NY10 April 2012
I started as a clerk and moved up to bookkeeper over 11 years. The company grew and switched from manual tasks to computerized systems.
Pros
great bosses and co workers
Cons
had to go back to school to learn computers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Atwell. Our community is ready to answer.