Attridge Transportation Incorporated

Attridge Transportation Incorporated Employee Reviews

Good for person looking Part time work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 August 2017
Good for women talking care of kids, no baby sitting problem
Good for retired person
School time job
Person should to patient to handle kids in bus and parents outside the bus
time for change
Motor Coach Operator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 July 2017
14 to 16 hours per day
people are the same most are very nice but a few are not so nice
increasing work load
workplace culture is not as good as when I first started with Attridge in 2006
3 days in a row
fellow coach dribers
Bus driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 June 2017
The lack of support drivers get on misbehaved children who repeatedly act out is unacceptable. A driver is taken off route if there is a complaint from a parent even though the child has been a repeat offender.The ideology of safety and respect your bus driver isn't a reality.The school board and parents who have not been driving or really care to know don't do anything.The driver was just told we don't value you or what you put up with on route.When this happens the driver is the victim and bad behavior gets rewarded.The buses are in and out of repairs and on and off what you will be driving is a pain.Buses breaking down can happen but its the same bus, gets frustrating.When buses are past time on the road by ministry standards they look the other way.It is income and in between work like field trips they pay you a set amount that works out less than minimum wage.Having rules means nothing if the management doesn't admit or open their eyes.The headache of all the talk of the little things on drivers to watch for this and that doesn't work both ways.There is a reason why drivers are in shortage and why drivers are leaving for the little money they are paid.
Pros
income driving
Cons
lack of driver support- politics-mechanical issues
Fun working with Attrdige.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2017
Attridge Transport is a very good company to work. Except salary everything is alright. I have very flexible schedule and best rout close to my home. Management is very kind and cooperative.
Pros
occasionally breakfast and lunch by the company on all gatherings.
Cons
No long hours, no burden of work.
No loyalty
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
Year ago company finally gets a really good dispatcher who is always there an helpful to drivers had everything organized working like clock work an they terminate for a woman who had just started couple months. The dispatcher had put in so much personal time to make sure division running smoothly, wasn't recognized for time an effort they put in so just did as was expected.
Since dismissal the current dispatcher is pushing drivers to do more hours than legal for drivers!
Only recommended this company as stepping stone to greater pastures. Definitely don't be hoping for future with this company!
Pros
Pay is reasonable for coach thx to union
Cons
Lack of support for drivers. No more respect
Part time but not paid for all the hours worked
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 February 2017
I loved driving the children to and from school. That could be lots of fun however I was never paid for checking out the bus every morning and if a days run took anything over 4 hours I was not paid any extra. 4 hours pay per day was the limit.
Waste of my time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 January 2017
I trained over two weeks and was ready to take the driving test. (with no pay)
I got 100% on the written exam.
Clear criminal record check and vulnerable sector.
Handed in medical which i paid 110 dollars for
Driving abstract from ministry.
All above cost money from my pocket plus my time that I could have been earning money while training with them (from my other job)

Was told I couldn't do the driving test as they were waiting for something to come back from the OPP, no idea why it didnt come back and they didnt seem to care or check or follow up on it, never heard from them again!!???

Total waste of time, and out of four of us training together, two got hired on and two were told OPP didnt come back??

You would think they would have at least contacted me and apologized for my wasted time and MONEY.
Pros
Cons
no guarantee of hiring after lots of money spent on required certificates
If you want to put in hours/day of unpaid time this is the job for you.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Niagara13 October 2016
every dispatcher seems to have different rules and training
other drivers are good
a lot of unpaid work time expected
. for example the time between high school and grade school runs sometimes up to an hour is unpaid, cannot go anywhere in the bus as this is "personal use" while you are waiting for 2nd run.
Time to first pickup is unpaid no matter how far from the starting point on your assigned route or after you drop the kids off at school.
Pros
children on route
Cons
too much unpaid time when you are working
Great new management culture
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Hamilton28 July 2016
The company is moving in a great new direction. Some excellent new management hires recently that will move this company in the right direction. Everyone is excited in Hamilton area. It is a way better place to work than even one year ago.
Pros
Driver coffee meetings
Cons
Cold weather early days
very good environment to work in
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 May 2016
early morning start, and early end
i learned to drive large vehicles
very easy to work and get along with management very caring
the hardest part of the job is the responsibility of the kids, making sure they are 100% safe
most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all kinds of different people and different age groups.
Pros
able to spend time with my family
Cons
there are no benefits
Enjoyed working with a variety of clients
Charter Driver & School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, Ontario23 September 2015
Drove various customers to destinations across Ontario
o Met customers in a friendly manner and assisted them with activity guidelines
o Scheduled drop off and pick up times
o Organized and assisted with the unloading and loading of equipment
would NEVER recommend anyone to work at this company
driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga25 August 2015
This is a place to make a minimal amount working 4 hours a day seasonally to get by if you are desperate for a joband have a basic drivers license.

Other bus companies don't play these games.
Pros
paid biweekly direct deposit
Cons
you will do a lot of extras you will NEVER be paid for-terrible family management
fun place
Driver Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 July 2015
Excellent employer in Canada. Positive environment, supportive staff and management. Different type of work experience with lots of different culture clients.
Pros
time
School Bus Driver
School Bus driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington Ontario28 June 2015
Your typical day is that one has to deal with traffic, kids and parents who hover. Other than that, its alright. The hardest part is the number of hours. With just four per day plus charters, its not much cash wise.
Pros
Free gas if you operate away from the depots
Cons
Four hours a day
Low hourly pay with very high responsibility driving children
School Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 March 2015
-Happy to see the children
-I learned that the children are so honest, strong and have positive feelings
-I also learned that children brought me a lot of happiness without any sophistication
-This job needs to raise the bar regarding the hourly pay due to the high responsibility
- My co-workers are caring and friendly
-The hardest part of the job is in the winter when the snowbanks are very high and the streets become very narrow
-The most enjoyable part of the job was see the smiles of the children, their honesty, I was happy to see them everyday
Pros
I love children and I enjoyed to drive them
Cons
The winter season
Excellent company to work for
Manager of Fleet & Driver Personnel (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2014
A typical day at Attridge is one you are never prepared for. The day is always new with a different challenge and it never repeats itself.

You learn to be on your toes at all times and must be ready and quick t handle any situation at a moments notice.

The hardest part is the driver turn over and trying to cover driver shortages for the board of transportation to ensure that the customer always receives the best service possible.

I love the fast work pace environment and working 12-14 hour days on a daily basis makes the day go by fast. The office environment is great and it is a fun and enjoyable place to work despite the daily stress.
Pros
The work enviroment
Cons
No family life
Frustrating and missed managed place to work.
employee (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON31 December 2012
This is company lacks safe shop practices and is the most missed managed place I have ever worked. The family owned and run company works on favouring friends of the family weather they can perform there jobs or not.
Cons
very poor managment
Enjoyable
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 September 2012
Love working with Children with Special needs

Co-workers are good to get on with
Low level of respect for drivers and responsibilities they have.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 July 2012
In daily communications, on radio, assistance with bus mechanical and sometimes safety problems; drivers are disrespected. Unless you are a friend of a management person. Then you receive respect.
Pros
fellow drivers are positive.
Cons
poor help with children with behaviour problems.