Atlas Copco

Atlas Copco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Us vs Them
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), North Bay, ONJune 11, 2013
Pros: benefit package, so so pay, not much is expceted of you
Cons: shift rotation, boring work, infighting, lay offs, impossible to move ahead
The union stands up for employees and the office hates that so it becomes very two faced very quickly. Everyone is always worried about the next layoff, you will be worked like dogs doing tons of overtime then the next week laid off with no warning. this happens every 4 years, it is a predictable cycle of over working people then sacking them. A decent – more... company would be able to figure out scheduling to avoid these cycles but instead they simply keep hiring and laying off.
They don't care about you no matter what they tell you don't fall for it! – less
Great
Senior Network /Voice Engineer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 11, 2013
 Primarily managing and support NASA (North America South America) 2 clusters Cisco Unified
Communication Server 8.x (Ent. Edition) Secondary supporting Europe and Asia pacific cluster
Managing 18000+ IP end points.
 Attend technical meetings with internal and external Project managers and remote locations.
 Conduct pre-installation site surveys – more... to ensure all is in place for actual installations.
 Create Bill of Material (BOM) for new sites.
 Prepare Scope of Work (SOW) documents for all installations and network design for remote sites.
 Managing 2 Node IP Contact Center UCCX 7.x & 8.x, and 2 Node Cisco Unity 8.x, Unity
Connection 8.x
 Configuring Extension Mobility, Remote Destination Profiles, MOH , CTI Route point ,Visual Voice Mail, Phone proxy and Any connect with ASA firewall.
 Using unity connection call handlers to create call flow solution for remote site in Canada and US.
 Deployment of Cisco 2900, 3900 ISR G2 routers. Understanding on H.323, MGCP, SIP, SCCP protocols.
 Configuring catalyst 3750 PoE switches in both stand alone and stacking configurations
 Troubleshooting using debug, traces, CDR Records and Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT).
 Working knowledge of Microsoft AD , Exchange and LDAP.
 Configuring T1, PRI, FXO, FXS and ATA 186 devices.VG224 Analog Gateway. – less
Great
Pros: great company
Managing 18000+ IP end points.
 Create Bill of Material (BOM) for new sites.
Connection 8.x
 Working knowledge of Microsoft AD , Exchange and LDAP.
Good
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: decent wage
Cons: lot of unhappy people
Company was moving operations down south, so there was alot of people feeling like they had been misplaced, ran into daily opereation in customer service. Difficult situtation to work in,
Productive fun workplace
Bit Setter (Former Employee), North Bay, OntarioJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: benefits, pension
Cons: employee rumor mill
Good Company to work for who hires good workers, the hardest part of the job is the physical labor, management and co-workers easy to work with/for.
good place to work
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), Sudbury OnJanuary 3, 2013
Busy place, good people, learned a lot, Enjoyed working on the road and traveling to new places
Atlas Copco
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNSeptember 10, 2014
I loved working for Atlas Copco. They are a great company to work for.
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Great place to work, everybody is treated fair.
Great chance to grow within the company.
Productive, Fun and Motivating worklace
Project Trainee (Former Employee), NashikAugust 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches, sports activities etc
The experience at Atlas Copco as an intern was really very excellent.I always kept on learning any time of the work there. The co-workers are really good and very supportive. The greatest part of the job was that my manager always kept on pushing us so that we can perform better and give more excellent results.
Good place to work.
Assembler (Former Employee), Garland, TXAugust 11, 2014
Good place to work, friendly and helpful people. Received bonuses for extra hard work. The department would reward us with a lunch for making a goal. Clean environment. Working to make a safer place.
Undecided
Mechanic/ Technician (Former Employee), San AntonioAugust 7, 2014
Pros: pay/benefits
Cons: upper management non existant
Good pay and benefits. Management was across the country and didn't pay us much attention or gave us much support...until they showed up and closed our location. Thanks.

The only other thing I could say was their supply system was not efficient. Always waiting for parts and sometimes not getting the right stuff.

Atlas Copco does have well designed – more... equipment and I would recommend their stuff. – less
Productive and hot place to work in
Assembler (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: short work days
Cons: short breakes and not paying full amount for ppi equipment
productive and fun place to work with good people. I have learned how to wire components to one another to work with each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people that would listen.
Great workplace enviroment
Assembler (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCJuly 24, 2014
Typical day at work consist of fast paced work ethics, physical and mental strength.
Productive and Cooperative Workpalce
Translator (Former Employee), Καβάλα, GRAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: easy job
I worked in three quarreis translating a brazilian director. Easily up to the task, my beloved job so far, everyone was nice, I'd love to work as a translator again
loved working here
Material Handler/ Line Driver (Former Employee), Garland, TXJuly 7, 2014
I really enjoyed working here, learning new things such as. Inventory Control, and being independent on my work duties.
Engineering and challenging work environment
SALES AND TENDER ADMINISTRATION (Former Employee), Jet Park, GPJuly 4, 2014
Pros: incentive for reaching target
Cons: challenging engineering skills required
- More work and challenging work environment
- Always employees need to met deadline
- Work needs accuracy and skill
Generally, Atlas Copco is a Competitive employer in relation to other multinational companies.
Service Technician (Current Employee), Mining, MREJune 15, 2014
Pros: pension and healthcare is ok.
We were five colleagues tasked on developing a Flow Chart on fault finding the breaking system. This showed the trust management had on us. I learnt all the team building processes and that in a team its about joint effort not individualism. The most difficult part was to make us tolerant to one another's contribution and subsequently work together. – more... The most interesting was when we were jointly rewarded for developed behaviors and team output. – less
Sr. Material Planner Coordinator (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCJune 13, 2014
Pros: job flexibility
Cons: attidude and atmosphere
Atlas is a large company with many opportunities to challenge individuals and teams, to constantly improve processes, practices, and introduce lean initiatives to enhance the operation.
Okay
A/P Specialist, Today's Temp Service (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCApril 22, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I only worked here on a temp basis. Didn't work long enough to form a real opinion.
Overall Rating 3
EHS North Americas Manager (Former Employee), Bay Minette, ALApril 9, 2014
Aggressive Management strategies with lingering follow through
Strong Educational levels of Management
Less aggressive continuing education drives for employees
Very high turnover volumes of strong management employees

1 2 3 4 5

About Atlas Copco

With businesses both Swedish and American, you may not think of construction and mining equipment. But you should. Atlas Copco – Read more