Atlas Copco

Atlas Copco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Us vs Them
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), North Bay, ONJune 11, 2013
Pros: benefit package, so so pay, not much is expceted of you
Cons: shift rotation, boring work, infighting, lay offs, impossible to move ahead
The union stands up for employees and the office hates that so it becomes very two faced very quickly. Everyone is always worried about the next layoff, you will be worked like dogs doing tons of overtime then the next week laid off with no warning. this happens every 4 years, it is a predictable cycle of over working people then sacking them. A decent company would be able to figure out scheduling to avoid these cycles but instead they simply keep hiring and laying off.
They don't care about you no matter what they tell you don't fall for it!
Great
Senior Network /Voice Engineer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 11, 2013
 Primarily managing and support NASA (North America South America) 2 clusters Cisco Unified
Communication Server 8.x (Ent. Edition) Secondary supporting Europe and Asia pacific cluster
Managing 18000+ IP end points.
 Attend technical meetings with internal and external Project managers and remote locations.
 Conduct pre-installation site surveys to ensure all is in place for actual installations.
 Create Bill of Material (BOM) for new sites.
 Prepare Scope of Work (SOW) documents for all installations and network design for remote sites.
 Managing 2 Node IP Contact Center UCCX 7.x & 8.x, and 2 Node Cisco Unity 8.x, Unity
Connection 8.x
 Configuring Extension Mobility, Remote Destination Profiles, MOH , CTI Route point ,Visual Voice Mail, Phone proxy and Any connect with ASA firewall.
 Using unity connection call handlers to create call flow solution for remote site in Canada and US.
 Deployment of Cisco 2900, 3900 ISR G2 routers. Understanding on H.323, MGCP, SIP, SCCP protocols.
 Configuring catalyst 3750 PoE switches in both stand alone and stacking configurations
 Troubleshooting using debug, traces, CDR Records and Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT).
 Working knowledge of Microsoft AD , Exchange and LDAP.
 Configuring T1, PRI, FXO, FXS and ATA 186 devices.VG224 Analog Gateway.
Great
Pros: great company
Managing 18000+ IP end points.
 Create Bill of Material (BOM) for new sites.
Connection 8.x
 Working knowledge of Microsoft AD , Exchange and LDAP.
 Configuring T1, PRI, FXO, FXS and ATA 186 devices.VG224 Analog Gateway.
Good
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: decent wage
Cons: lot of unhappy people
Company was moving operations down south, so there was alot of people feeling like they had been misplaced, ran into daily opereation in customer service. Difficult situtation to work in,
Productive fun workplace
Bit Setter (Former Employee), North Bay, OntarioJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: benefits, pension
Cons: employee rumor mill
Good Company to work for who hires good workers, the hardest part of the job is the physical labor, management and co-workers easy to work with/for.
good place to work
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), Sudbury OnJanuary 3, 2013
Busy place, good people, learned a lot, Enjoyed working on the road and traveling to new places
allover great people and exciting to be part of the product and co.
Development Designer -1 (Former Employee), Voorheesville, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: relaxed open attitudes and good work environment
Cons: none to recognize on my be half
great people and competent engineering I fit in well and performed to my best ability.
Some what stressful and challanging
Facilities and Special Projects Manager (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Start by reading email passdowns, attend meetings to see how production is going. Work on projects, and travel when needed.
It was a great time work at Atlas Copco
Welder (Former Employee), Garland, TXJanuary 8, 2015
A fun workplace to at you don't forget a day there a lot of things went on there. alot of things to leared, management was good, co-workers was great and highly motivated they were strong team player. very competitive salary and benefit plan, a career opportunity.
Great Environment
Quality and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TexasDecember 3, 2014
Analyze operations, pinpoint areas for improvement and redesign, and implement plans that generate profitable results. Working knowledge and awareness of amendments to the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and apply the proper regulations to meet guidelines for a safe working environment. Oversee calibrations accounts for all tools that are used for measurement also making sure building codes are kept up to date. Implement, maintain and manage the Corporate Health and Safety Management Systems. Oversee different projects to make sure proper training and safety license are provided. Give classes to meeting for monthly safety in- services, such as health, safety, and external training programs. Data Entry with Material Safety Data sheet database used to communicate with different vendors. Plan, Organize and conduct training programs/ seminars for supervisors, employees, contractors, with regard to New Hire/Contract Orientation, forklift training, Personal Protection Equipment, Fall protection and Crane including any other required training program.
very nice place to work but the the guys in charge are very favoritism.
assembler (Former Employee), Voorheesville, NYNovember 18, 2014
the typical day at work is fun, i have learned a lot about bending and wiring,management needs improving ,my co workers were all nice
guys .
A great work environment where management supports you efforts
Used Equipment Manager (Current Employee), Independence, OHNovember 9, 2014
Pros: a company who appreciates a good work ethic.
Cons: it is in ohio. i desire to move south!
A good solid company. Fair work practices. They show recognition for accomplishments where due.
Everyone was very difficult to work with
Shipping planner (Former Employee), Voorheesville, NYNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor management
A day at Atlas was not easy. I worked 14 our days and still had work to bring home. There is no work / home life balance. The money was great, but I feel that the company had no moral compass. During my tenure there both of my parents had died 6 months apart and when I took my vacation to deal with my mom's estate and funeral it was not looked upon favorably. I was pulled aside by management in a private setting with no human resources associate and was told I took too much time off.
Productive and Travelling
Service Engineer (Current Employee), Amreli, GJOctober 18, 2014
Good Company!!!

A typical day with fruitful result makes me happy
Time Management and work planning.
To resolve the problems on time
Good co-ordination and helping nature of co-workers
Continuous travelling
Satisfying customers and curiosity to solve their problems
Would be a great place to work if not for the year of harassment I endured.
Service Technician Apprentice (Former Employee), Brighton ColoradoSeptember 17, 2014
Management did nothing when I complained my tools and equipment were being destroyed, improper documents were left at my work station and on my tool box, and my supervisor refused to train me. Very hostile work environment.
Busy and work load plenty
Project Manager (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: rewards
Cons: dead lines - doing 3 weeks work in 4 days
Busy daily
Pressurised and demanding
Good team work
To secure project turn key business
Success with project attainment to foster turn over
Atlas Copco
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNSeptember 10, 2014
I loved working for Atlas Copco. They are a great company to work for.
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Great place to work, everybody is treated fair.
Great chance to grow within the company.
Productive, Fun and Motivating worklace
Project Trainee (Former Employee), NashikAugust 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches, sports activities etc
The experience at Atlas Copco as an intern was really very excellent.I always kept on learning any time of the work there. The co-workers are really good and very supportive. The greatest part of the job was that my manager always kept on pushing us so that we can perform better and give more excellent results.
Good place to work.
Assembler (Former Employee), Garland, TXAugust 11, 2014
Good place to work, friendly and helpful people. Received bonuses for extra hard work. The department would reward us with a lunch for making a goal. Clean environment. Working to make a safer place.

1 2 3 4 5

About Atlas Copco

With businesses both Swedish and American, you may not think of construction and mining equipment. But you should. Atlas Copco – Read more