Atimi Software is searching for a new Graphics Manager to add to the team. We are seeking a natural-born leader responsible for guiding a multi-disciplinary team of 4-6 designers towards the execution of quality work that Atimi is known for.
- 20% of your role is hands-on design work and 80% project management, leadership, and direction.
- Provide mentorship, direction, and creation of visual designs from style and layouts to workflow.
- Participate in discoveries, defining features with client
- Responsible for communicating user interface and design concepts to both clients and team members
- Interface with the Graphics and engineering teams to execute product concept.
- Resourcing team and assigning them to projects
- Working with Senior management to define and streamline processes
- Liaising with Sales to create bid material
- Kick off projects by proposing strategies
- Interview and hiring
- Conduct probationary and annual performance reviews
- Require 4-6 years of Design Experience (UX and UI Design principals), preferably in Mobile
- Some management experience.
- Previous experience working with iOS and Android platforms
- Must be fluent in standard design tool (i.e. Adobe CC)
- Previous experience designing software
- Well versed in interaction
- Any OSX, Windows Phone 8, or Blackberry experience is a plus
- Any experience with Rapid Prototyping and User Testing is a plus
- Strong interest in Social Media
- Strong Communication skills
- Attention to detail and a keen understanding of typography, color, and layout.
- Able to coordinate and manage multiple concurring projects
Please apply with your resume AND portfolio of your work. All applications will be reviewed, but only those who can demonstrate the experience listed above will be contacted and invited for an in-person interview.
Please Note: This position is only available to applicants within Canada and the US. Relocation is not offered.
Why Work For Atimi?
Because you get to work with Fortune 500 clients and be a part of amazing projects! You also get to work in a chill environment that provides you with a flexible schedule for work/life balance. Don’t forget about the cheap snacks and drinks onsite, wicked ping-pong matches, sick days, and 3 weeks vacation! Yes, we love where we work! Our office is conveniently located across the Burrard Skytrain station in the fancy Bell Tower so your commute will be a breeze.
Since 2001, Atimi has developed an impressive client list and portfolio of award-winning apps. We have teams dedicated to iOS, Android and Blackberry OS development. In 2010 alone, Atimi completed a number of exciting projects for clients in publishing, broadcast, large retail, fitness, and professional sports franchise, notably Macworld, HBO, ESPN, Best Buy, the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames and The New York Times.