Athletics Employee Reviews

Not a job
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Gresham, OR13 December 2017
This was not a job it was something I put on my resume because I played sports in high school. I played sports all throughout my life. I also play them in college.
Softball Coach
Head Varsity Coach - Olympian High School (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CA1 December 2017
Being a High school softball coach is a passion, you cannot do it for the money. But it is always enjoyable working with kids and helping them reach their goal.
Internship/Work Study
Health & Fitness Internship @ Hull Center (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KS6 September 2017
This was the time when I was able to use my education to understand the duties that take place in a health and fitness facility. Being able to give instruction to patrons and how to think quickly while working with newcomers to the facility, by being able to answer their questions with great detail and making them feel comfortable and enjoy there workout experience.
Pros
Worked with peers
Cons
Internship
Great for getting to know people and learn about them and their culture
Member of NAIA Junior Varsity & Varsity Basketball (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE6 September 2017
Had to do a lot with balancing a schedule between life, school, and being an athlete. It was a fortunate feeling being able to travel to different states which gave time for bonding as a team.
Athletic Administration
Director (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, RI6 September 2017
Athletic administration was a wonderful career for me. I enjoyed supervising coaches, planning activities for students and scheduling athletic contests and daily practices
It was part time only (assistant alpine ski coach)
Assistant Alpine Ski Coach (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, ID13 August 2017
It was the highlight of my day to work with ski racers but only during winter season... Close proximity to Bogus Basin and competition was with National Collegiate Ski Association and not the NCAA. They would never qualify or be invited to the NCAA championships...
Pros
Nice work environment for coaching
Cons
It was only during winter season
great
Member of Oklahoma Football Club (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OK14 July 2017
Playing soccer is my passion and I've been always really known in this sport. Having a way to get stress off through a sport is the best feeling in the world.
coach
Division I Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Houston, Renfrewshire4 July 2017
was great helping kids and share my passion for basketball because it helps bring people together and learning teamwork skills in essensical for todays age
Great place to learn management skills
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Bronx NY2 July 2017
A day at work is working the cashier and providing great customer service. Also, set up displays of different alcohol and wines through out the store
Pros
Work with people. Learning management skills.
Cons
No cons.
Athletics is life.
Sunbelt Conference Women's Track & Field (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LA21 June 2017
Athletics taught me great time management, team work, and to never give up. While doing athletics at my university, I had also had classes, internship, and a job to jungle. Therefore, in order for me to keep up with everything, I had to get my life organized.
Baseball teams that i have been a member of
Player (Current Employee) –  College23 May 2017
Baseball has always been a major part of my life and has taught me many life skills. Being able to balance school and baseball has prepared me for a job by testing my time management skills and my overall work ethic.
Out going personality, and love working with people
Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CA5 May 2017
clock in, huddle, get instruction to where I will be working,
I have learned how to ticket take, and greeting guest
The management is awesome
The workplace is culture is great
Knowing where the different vendors are
working with people, and seeing the guest smile
Pros
food
Cons
short breaks
closed
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX9 April 2017
Muddle is now closed. It is a traditional nightclub in a college town. Enjoyed my time there and made good money. Worked with many people I consider friends.
Competitive environment
Midfield (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NY6 April 2017
Practice every day at 7 A.M. has taught me to have a solid work ethic while balancing school work. This is a learned discipline that most students never get the opportunity to experience. Putting myself outside of my comfort zone is where I truly saw myself grow. When my body was telling me to quit, I had the mental capacity to push through. Winning games after putting in the hard work day in and day out is the most rewarding part of playing division one athletics.
High School Sports
Athlete (Former Employee) –  High School23 March 2017
This was not a job. It was the most relevant experience that I had. I played baseball and ran in track during High School. Unless you are in High School you are not eligible.
was a fun place to work at
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Katy, TX16 March 2017
some days were challenging but for the most part it was fun working at the oakmont katy. the employees there are nice and ready to help whenever you need help.
Interesting dynamic. Lots of hours
Compliance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL3 March 2017
Working in athletics is a lot of student-athletes dream. However, it is important to also see the side of working long hours, attending several events (games, events, etc.), and the odd jobs that get placed on your shoulders. I quickly realized it just wasn't the working environment I wanted to be in long-term.
Great Place to work
Captain of the UNH Club Baseball Team (Current Employee) –  Welcome Center7 February 2017
top notch people and great work life balance
really enjoyable work
challenges you everyday to be a better person and pushes you to be better at the particular job
Great to be an Athlete
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA27 December 2016
were a swimming athlete for past 4 years at Gannon University. Great opportynity free gym membership etc.. Competitions almost every week. Championships twice a year.
Pros
health
Cons
luck of budget
Student Athlete
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IA19 September 2016
I was a student athlete in college and know how to manage my time well and meet deadlines. It was very schedule oriented. I am very glad and happy about my experiences