Athletics

Athletics Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Busy and exciting
Team Captain (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OkMay 12, 2014
Taught children how to play different sports and we all enjoyed it.
Productive and Rewarding
Private Instructor (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMay 7, 2014
I ran my own business by placing an ad to become a personal trainer. I work closely with my clients doing what I loved.
Exciting and upbeat
Athlete (Former Employee), Joliet, ILMay 5, 2014
Enjoyed what I did every day. Had some of the best times with my friends while being a college athlete.
filing documents
Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: long breaks
Putting any paperwork together for hockey athletes and making sure they are in alphabetical order.
Sporting and Competitive
Director of Intramural Soccer Tournament (Current Employee), North Dartmouth, MAMarch 16, 2014
The Intramural Department is vested with the responsibility of providing students, who could not make it into their respective sports school teams, a chance to play in an amateur yet competitive level. This gives them a chance enjoy playing the sports they love despite not being good enough to get into the school team. As a director of the soccer league, – more... I managed to structure a league with 14 teams and around 200 players. My staff and I would have to set up the necessary equipment and ensure the smooth running of the matches. We would also have to be referees for the games. On top of this, we maintained a comprehensive website that had the fixtures of the matches, the roster for all the teams, the top scorers and assists, as well as the league table providing the team's rankings and points. – less
fun workplace
coach (Former Employee), JuankoskiMarch 5, 2014
voluntary work and practicing to coach, good for first job and good team mates
Fun workplace with great coworkers and many activities for children
Camp Counselor (Current Employee), Freeport, New YorkFebruary 26, 2014
As a camp counselor, I had three assistants to help me. One was an asisstant and two were CITs or counselors in training. I worked with all the different age groups (3 years old to 13 years old) teaching them how to play a variety of sports. We have basketball, volleyball, soccer, baseball, and many other sports.
During the mornings I would have different – more... age groups at different times. After lunch I had intramurals, where the older children got to compete in different sports. During intramurals I would have about 10 groups. I was new at the camp but I was very trusted by my supervisor, so I coordinated where all our athletic staff had to be. At each game there needed to be a ref. I would make sure everyone was doing their job and if needed I wold help referee a game.
I enjoy working at my camp very much. I have always been an athletic person, so being at camp teaching sports is a great fit for my summer job. – less
Great University job
Aquatics Director/Head Lifeguard (Former Employee), Stony Brook UniversityJanuary 20, 2014
Good experience and terrific opportunity while being a student.
College Baseball
Bloomfield College Varsity Baseball Team (Former Employee), Bloomfield,NJJanuary 1, 2014
Played college baseball
Great teammates and environment
improved time management skills
Productive and fun workplace
Member, Division II Men's Basketball Team (Former Employee), Hawthorne ,NYDecember 20, 2013
Good place to work learn how to be patient. co-workers are very enjoyable
Athletic youth
participant (Former Employee), Toms River, NJJuly 31, 2013
played for traveling soccer team
played at all-star level in little league baseball
Fast growing community college working with close with strictly professors for the first 18 years, then Athletics for 8 years.
Assistant to the Athletic Director (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: i felt like i did not have a "job" but "went to school everyday" ... i love schooling!
Cons: after 25 years, the college became less "student oriented" and more like a business, very dissappointing!
Working at NCC was a very enjoyable experience in my life ... 25 years of my life!

From graduating with an Associates in Secretarial Science in 1979 then obtaining a full time position in 1980, employed as a faculty secretary, I felt my life was very wonderful, I could not be happier.

Working with very intelligent people from all departments such – more... as mathematics, engineering, physics, sciences, chemistry, hotel restaurant and accounting (just to name a few), typing tests and handouts and the world of knowledge at hand - life could not get better! Life was excellent!

Then after 18 years of being a Faculty Secretary, I have the fortunate opportunity to transfer to the Athletics Department. This experience I will never forget. I was the assistant to the athletic director and enjoyed every aspects of running this department.

I was very student oriented throughout my time at the college and when in Athletics I was very supportive of all the athletes and the sports they played (12 in all) including Spring/Fall Baseball, Wrestling, Softball, Ice Hockey, Girls/Boys Basketball, Golf, Tennis, Soccer, Bowling, and Girls Volleyball. These were just the Intercollegiate Sports, we also provided Extramural and Intramural sports.

I also attended about 90% of home contests, as many as possible away contests and EVERY State tournament we achieved, sometimes hosting these tournaments and sometimes travelling as far as Pittsburgh.

The hardest part of my job was to make sure that EVERY contest went off without a glich.

~Home contests included setting up a mutual time/date for the game with other colleges, getting officials/medical trainer/equipment attendances, scorekeepers and payment for all those involved. ~Away contests included rental vans and getting meal money for all student athletes.
~State tournaments included hotel accomodations and transportation.

I have been very blessed for the 25 years at Northampton Community College, then retired after my rein due to caring for an illing mother. – less
Varsity Football for Kenyon College
Offensive Line (Former Employee), Gambier, OHFebruary 27, 2013
Allowed me as an individual to grow independently as well as work well on a team. I learned the values of a group effort and participation. It also helped me learn how to make the necessary sacrifices for a team.
Great
Coach (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYFebruary 4, 2013
Great to coach teenagers! Coaching is one of the most rewarding jobs.
enjoyable job while in school
Issue Room Employee (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 31, 2012
Pros: worked my own schedule
Student employment while in school. Worked with people, project solving; worked cleaning gyms and athletic equipment.
love
Leadership Role (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 9, 2012
Pros: everything
Helped me get to everywhere I would have never gone. best time of my life
Basketball
Coaching Assistant (Current Employee), Erie PAApril 26, 2012
Workstudy for Gannon Basktball, I helped with practice and player development.
Good experience builder
7th Grade Girls Head Basketball Coach (Former Employee), Riverton, WYMarch 17, 2012
Challenging job and a good opportunity for building the experience and skills highly needed in the workforce (stress management, leading a group of people, etc.)
sales position
sales position (Former Employee), miami ,flMarch 4, 2012
was great job to talk to people all over the united states.working on the computer faxing .

About Athletics

The NCAA is a membership-led nonprofit association of colleges and universities committed to supporting academic and athletic – Read more