Athletics Employee Reviews

Competitive environment
Midfield (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NY6 April 2017
Practice every day at 7 A.M. has taught me to have a solid work ethic while balancing school work. This is a learned discipline that most students never get the opportunity to experience. Putting myself outside of my comfort zone is where I truly saw myself grow. When my body was telling me to quit, I had the mental capacity to push through. Winning games after putting in the hard work day in and day out is the most rewarding part of playing division one athletics.
High School Sports
Athlete (Former Employee) –  High School23 March 2017
This was not a job. It was the most relevant experience that I had. I played baseball and ran in track during High School. Unless you are in High School you are not eligible.
was a fun place to work at
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Katy, TX16 March 2017
some days were challenging but for the most part it was fun working at the oakmont katy. the employees there are nice and ready to help whenever you need help.
Interesting dynamic. Lots of hours
Compliance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL3 March 2017
Working in athletics is a lot of student-athletes dream. However, it is important to also see the side of working long hours, attending several events (games, events, etc.), and the odd jobs that get placed on your shoulders. I quickly realized it just wasn't the working environment I wanted to be in long-term.
Great Place to work
Captain of the UNH Club Baseball Team (Current Employee) –  Welcome Center7 February 2017
top notch people and great work life balance
really enjoyable work
challenges you everyday to be a better person and pushes you to be better at the particular job
Great to be an Athlete
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA27 December 2016
were a swimming athlete for past 4 years at Gannon University. Great opportynity free gym membership etc.. Competitions almost every week. Championships twice a year.
Pros
health
Cons
luck of budget
Student Athlete
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IA19 September 2016
I was a student athlete in college and know how to manage my time well and meet deadlines. It was very schedule oriented. I am very glad and happy about my experiences
Not work affiliated
Team MVP and co-captain (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA23 June 2016
This was not a job, however, I think it represents leadership and an ability to manage a team beyond athletic means.
I think that my accomplishments in volleyball are transferable to many other aspects of life.
Good Experience
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CA2 May 2016
Great people. Learned a lot about athletics marketing. Not the most structured internship but they were really flexible and you learned as much as you wanted to learn.
Pros
flexible, nice people
Excellent team work environment
Team Captain Senior Year (2016) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MA29 April 2016
My time with the organization taught me a lot of lessons about team work and selflessness. It was a great environment to learn how to carry yourself as a professional.
Easy going workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NY11 April 2016
-Part time job for full time students athletes, I learned how to calm down rowdy crowd members, and maintain good situational awareness for the whole crowd.
ok
NCAA Division III (Former Employee) –  Utica, NY30 November 2015
there shouldn't be a review for this job because it is a lacrosse team that i played on in college ncaa division 3 lacrosse
Very fun
Basketball Manager (Former Employee) –  Redding, CA6 October 2015
A very fun first job. You get to interact with athletes and athletic officials and you are able to feel like you are a part of the team.
Exciting environment performing acrobatic stunts.
Cheerleader/Stunter (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OR9 August 2015
As a university of Oregon cheerleader, I would train roughly 4 hours a day at the athletic facilities, incorporating both weight training and stunting practice. I learned a lot about teamwork and being patient when tensions rise, especially on a team that has to perform difficult tasks in performance on a routine basis. There are always things that can be better with management but I don't ever speak poorly about my leaders, they do the best with what they can and a lot of what they do for our team goes without being seen. My coworkers came from various different backgrounds and I've found that there is always something useful that can be learned from other people's experience. The hardest part of my time as a cheerleader for me was the social anxiety of performing difficult stunts for hundreds of people in a gym and thousands in a stadium. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to experience all the action of college football from the prime vantage point and getting to see behind the scenes of what goes on and train in the finest college facilities there are.
Athletics is a fun environment
Volunteer Wrestling Coach (Current Employee) –  Erie, PA15 May 2015
Volunteer only, I come in to show wrestling moves when I am asked and/or when I can. I enjoy teaching wrestling with the young wrestlers
Great way to meet people
Swimmer (Current Employee) –  Gannon University17 March 2015
As a swimmer at Gannon University I have met many different people and learned how to balance my time as a student athlete. It requires me to disciple myself so that I am able to get my assignments done on time. It has also taught me how to get along with people and how to work as a team.
its a college
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Martin, TN6 February 2015
working for a college is a short and quick paced job. athletics is ever changing. do your research about the area first. Martin is a very small town
AAA Conference
Commissioner AAA Conference (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY31 December 2014
I built a program that teaches fitnessness for life. It also so jumpstarts students in to basketball at a high level. We teach basketball the right way. Providing quality student athletes for the next level.
Certified educator in fitnessgram instructor with CPR/AED certified.
Pros
help over 12 schools, and hundreds of students
Cons
no pay
Amherst Men's Swimming and Swim Lessons
Amherst College Men's Swim Team (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MA14 October 2014
Being part of the Amherst College Men's Swim Team was a great experience that taught me about striving for individual success to benefit the whole team. Participating on the team, I also learned how to become a leader through both action and example. With so much time devoted to the team, time management, efficiency, and hard work were necessities to keep up schoolwork and athletics. Another aspect of the team was teaching swimming lessons to children from the surrounding community. This was a special part because knowing how to swim is an important skill for people, especially young children, to have, and improvements could be seen in the kids throughout the lesson period.
Fun and rewarding environment
Assistant Coach for CYO (Former Employee) –  Renton, WA3 September 2014
I would help coach the younger players and teach them the fundamentals of volleyball and how to play the game. The hardest part was when they did not understand something but it was rewarding when the players finally learned how to play.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Athletics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5