Athletics Employee Reviews

Excellent team work environment
Team Captain Senior Year (2016) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 29, 2016
My time with the organization taught me a lot of lessons about team work and selflessness. It was a great environment to learn how to carry yourself as a professional.
Good Experience
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 2, 2016
Great people. Learned a lot about athletics marketing. Not the most structured internship but they were really flexible and you learned as much as you wanted to learn.
Pros
flexible, nice people
Easy going workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYApril 11, 2016
-Part time job for full time students athletes, I learned how to calm down rowdy crowd members, and maintain good situational awareness for the whole crowd.
ok
NCAA Division III (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYNovember 30, 2015
there shouldn't be a review for this job because it is a lacrosse team that i played on in college ncaa division 3 lacrosse
Very fun
Basketball Manager (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAOctober 6, 2015
A very fun first job. You get to interact with athletes and athletic officials and you are able to feel like you are a part of the team.
Exciting environment performing acrobatic stunts.
Cheerleader/Stunter (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 9, 2015
As a university of Oregon cheerleader, I would train roughly 4 hours a day at the athletic facilities, incorporating both weight training and stunting practice. I learned a lot about teamwork and being patient when tensions rise, especially on a team that has to perform difficult tasks in performance on a routine basis. There are always things that can be better with management but I don't ever speak poorly about my leaders, they do the best with what they can and a lot of what they do for our team goes without being seen. My coworkers came from various different backgrounds and I've found that there is always something useful that can be learned from other people's experience. The hardest part of my time as a cheerleader for me was the social anxiety of performing difficult stunts for hundreds of people in a gym and thousands in a stadium. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to experience all the action of college football from the prime vantage point and getting to see behind the scenes of what goes on and train in the finest college facilities there are.
Great way to meet people
Swimmer (Current Employee) –  Gannon UniversityMarch 17, 2015
As a swimmer at Gannon University I have met many different people and learned how to balance my time as a student athlete. It requires me to disciple myself so that I am able to get my assignments done on time. It has also taught me how to get along with people and how to work as a team.
AAA Conference
Commissioner AAA Conference (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 31, 2014
I built a program that teaches fitnessness for life. It also so jumpstarts students in to basketball at a high level. We teach basketball the right way. Providing quality student athletes for the next level.
Certified educator in fitnessgram instructor with CPR/AED certified.
Pros
help over 12 schools, and hundreds of students
Cons
no pay
Amherst Men's Swimming and Swim Lessons
Amherst College Men's Swim Team (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAOctober 14, 2014
Being part of the Amherst College Men's Swim Team was a great experience that taught me about striving for individual success to benefit the whole team. Participating on the team, I also learned how to become a leader through both action and example. With so much time devoted to the team, time management, efficiency, and hard work were necessities to keep up schoolwork and athletics. Another aspect of the team was teaching swimming lessons to children from the surrounding community. This was a special part because knowing how to swim is an important skill for people, especially young children, to have, and improvements could be seen in the kids throughout the lesson period.
Athletics is a fun environment
Volunteer Wrestling Coach (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 15, 2015
Volunteer only, I come in to show wrestling moves when I am asked and/or when I can. I enjoy teaching wrestling with the young wrestlers
Sporting and Competitive
Director of Intramural Soccer Tournament (Current Employee) –  North Dartmouth, MAMarch 16, 2014
The Intramural Department is vested with the responsibility of providing students, who could not make it into their respective sports school teams, a chance to play in an amateur yet competitive level. This gives them a chance enjoy playing the sports they love despite not being good enough to get into the school team. As a director of the soccer league, I managed to structure a league with 14 teams and around 200 players. My staff and I would have to set up the necessary equipment and ensure the smooth running of the matches. We would also have to be referees for the games. On top of this, we maintained a comprehensive website that had the fixtures of the matches, the roster for all the teams, the top scorers and assists, as well as the league table providing the team's rankings and points.
Fun and rewarding environment
Assistant Coach for CYO (Former Employee) –  Renton, WASeptember 3, 2014
I would help coach the younger players and teach them the fundamentals of volleyball and how to play the game. The hardest part was when they did not understand something but it was rewarding when the players finally learned how to play.
Fun workplace with great coworkers and many activities for children
Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Freeport, New YorkFebruary 26, 2014
As a camp counselor, I had three assistants to help me. One was an asisstant and two were CITs or counselors in training. I worked with all the different age groups (3 years old to 13 years old) teaching them how to play a variety of sports. We have basketball, volleyball, soccer, baseball, and many other sports.
During the mornings I would have different age groups at different times. After lunch I had intramurals, where the older children got to compete in different sports. During intramurals I would have about 10 groups. I was new at the camp but I was very trusted by my supervisor, so I coordinated where all our athletic staff had to be. At each game there needed to be a ref. I would make sure everyone was doing their job and if needed I wold help referee a game.
I enjoy working at my camp very much. I have always been an athletic person, so being at camp teaching sports is a great fit for my summer job.
its a college
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNFebruary 6, 2015
working for a college is a short and quick paced job. athletics is ever changing. do your research about the area first. Martin is a very small town
Varsity Football for Kenyon College
Offensive Line (Former Employee) –  Gambier, OHFebruary 27, 2013
Allowed me as an individual to grow independently as well as work well on a team. I learned the values of a group effort and participation. It also helped me learn how to make the necessary sacrifices for a team.
Good experience builder
7th Grade Girls Head Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYMarch 17, 2012
Challenging job and a good opportunity for building the experience and skills highly needed in the workforce (stress management, leading a group of people, etc.)
enjoyable job while in school
Issue Room Employee (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 31, 2012
Student employment while in school. Worked with people, project solving; worked cleaning gyms and athletic equipment.
Pros
worked my own schedule
I play Lacrosse
Member of Women's Varsity Lacrosse Team (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 19, 2014
I currently play lacrosse for my college. I have been a member of this team since I started college as a freshman.
Productive and Rewarding
Private Instructor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 7, 2014
I ran my own business by placing an ad to become a personal trainer. I work closely with my clients doing what I loved.
filing documents
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 25, 2014
Putting any paperwork together for hockey athletes and making sure they are in alphabetical order.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long breaks

4.4