Athenian Group is a full-service placement agency providing Professional Technical Recruitment, Staffing and Payroll services to Canada’s top Consulting, Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction companies.
Our focus is on providing businesses with the highest quality of worker for both contract and permanent staff positions.
Our client is one of the world’s leading manufacturing companies that distributes oil/gas products internationally and we are currently seeking a number of positions for:
QA Line Officer & QC Inspectors
- Verifies dimensions, conformance and alignment, (Quality Control), of finished piece to the correct specifications and works with team to resolve any machining issues or problems using various instruments and measuring tools, (including proper gauge set up and calibration)
- Inspection of incoming raw material, parts using measuring tools
- Visual inspection/examination of products to detect nonconformities
- Review production routes for accuracy and report errors through proper channels, along with documenting product nonconformities, including process/procedure work station audits
- Perform ongoing quality control product inspections, (both in-process and final inspection), and report all nonconformities
- Well rounded understanding and use of gauging equipment, including: Vernier Caliper, Inside/Ouside/Depth Micrometer, Optical Comparator/Shadowgraph.
- Able to write reports and calculate figures/amounts, (circumference, depths, lengths), with strong mathematical, practical problem solving skills
- Safety conscious, positive attitude, with the understanding of continual improvement mentality
- Reliable vehicle, valid drivers’ licence, flexibility and ability to work long hours and overtime
- Two years of Quality Control Inspection Experience with API Buttress, (Tapered thread inspection), as per API 5B and 5CT
- Quality control and gauge calibration experience in Metric and knowledge of power tight make up and phosphate procedures is preferred
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please contact;
#201, 10129 – 124th Street
Edmonton – 780-757-2009 ext#24
North America – 877-596-5522 ext#24
Indeed - 15 months ago