Athenian Group is a full-service placement agency providing Professional Technical Recruitment, Staffing and Payroll services to Canada’s top Consulting, Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction companies.
Our focus is on providing businesses with the highest quality of worker for both contract and permanent staff positions.
Our client is one of the world’s leading manufacturing companies that distributes oil/gas products internationally and we are currently seeking a strong individual to fill a Manager of Welding Technology position.
- Approve all Welding Shop work orders and provide recommendations for improvements that will allow for growth and expansion of present/new welding products & procedures.
- Work well with Sales Team, Management and Customer/Clients on the assessment & implementation of new welding processes and products. (Including: Designing, Sourcing, Pricing and Evaluating new equipment within the market.
- Directly work with Potential Clients, Clients, Management and The Sales Team to improve product specifications through the implementation of wear/corrosion resistant materials and procedures, along with the ability to determine our capability of manufacturing new products/items, (with welding techniques/procedures).
- Work alongside Management in the research, writing, delivery and execution of The Government of Canada applications process for grants, (Industrial Research Assistance Program), relating to our welding process’s, our products and our equipment.
- Create, implement and maintain welding procedures for weld testing and welding processes for welding shop, while managing/supervising welding shop staff and delegating daily duties.
- Five years of experience in high production manufacturing welding shop environment, with leadership/supervision experience.
- High School Diploma, (GED), Welding Ticket and strong welding knowledge/experience (OAW, GMAW, MIG, SMAW) are required.
- Ability to read blueprints, shop drawings and communicate effectively with all levels of employees from the shop floor, to management, to client interaction and government agencies.
- Strong understanding and experience with welding, machining, product assembly and testing operations with a good knowledge in a variety of trades.
- Demonstrated organization, problem solving and prioritizing skills.
- Strong team building, conflict resolution, interpersonal and communication skills, (including both verbal and written communication skills).
- Good knowledge/understanding of OSHA, Safety, ISO 9000 program operation and Environmental regulations.
- Good computer skills an asset (Microsoft office, word, and access)
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please contact;
terry 'at' atheniangroup.com
#201, 10129 – 124th Street
Edmonton, Alberta, T5N 1P5
Edmonton – 780-757-2009 ext#24
North America – 877-596-5522 ext#24
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -