Immediate opening for an experienced Industrial Electrician. This position is based at Syncrude Canada in Ft. McMurray, Alberta. Reporting to the Syncrude Shift Supervisor, Industrial Electrician are responsible for supporting the Oil Sands Operations by safely maintaining the heavy equipment in the Equipment Maintenance Department to ensure optimum reliability and availability. maintain and repair light tower and heaters.
Industrial electricians perform some or all of the following duties: * Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices
- Inter-provincial (Red Seal) Industrial Electrician
- Position is based at Syncrude Canada in Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Shift schedule is 5 on 4 of; 12 hour shifts
To assist us in our assessment, please send your resume when you apply.
Candidates applying for these positions must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Athabasca Workforce Solution. would like to thank all applicants who apply to our postings. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted directly.
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard