Immediate opening for an experienced Heavy Equipment Technician(off road). Reporting to the Syncrude Shift Supervisor, Heavy Equipment Technicians are responsible for supporting the Oil Sands Operations by safely maintaining the heavy equipment in the Mine Equipment Maintenance Department to ensure optimum reliability and availability.
The Heavy Equipment Technician (off road) Journeyman will have the ability to troubleshoot major and minor mechanical problems, as well as have the ability to repair and adjust all necessary mechanical components. Work assignments will be received in the form of oral or written work orders, but the employee is expected to determine the nature and extent of needed repairs.
- Provide routine maintenance as well as engine and compressor overhauls.
- Check all heavy equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Repair and adjust hydraulic pumps, safety valves, and any other necessary mechanical components.
- Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop and road calls when required.
- Electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Accurate completion of work orders and time cards.
- Repair cooling, and lubrication systems.
- Install and align engines and machinery.
- Repair cable-operated working attachments, winches, compressors, pumps, electric generators, etc.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work.
- - Inter-provincial (Red Seal) Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic/Heavy Equipment Technician (Off Road)
- A Valid Driver's Licence
- Shift schedule is a 6 on 6 off rotation or 5 on 4 of; 12 hour shifts
To assist us in our assessment, please send your resume when you apply.
Candidates applying for these positions must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Athabasca Workforce Solution. would like to thank all applicants who apply to our postings. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted directly