Director of Health
The primary focus of the Director of Health is to improve the lives of ATC First Nations by promoting the health of the community through: preventing disease, developing partnerships, establishing policies, ensuring health education, improving the delivery of healthcare services.
The Director of Health is responsible for the day to day management, operational effectiveness, and financial performance of the Health and Wellness Program. The Director provides leadership in proposing and administering a comprehensive health program which effectively identifies and addresses the community needs. The Director also develops collaborative working relations with multiple public and private agencies to initiate and participate with community projects focusing on public health services.
- Supervising day-to-day operations of the Health Program
- Program development of healthcare services
- Strategic planning, project implementation, reporting
- Financial involvement with grants, budgeting, financial forecasting of plans, etc.
- Serves as a liaison with First Nations, government, and private health agencies.
- Assists in recruitment, selection and retain highly qualified professionals;
- Assist in implementing the Medical Referral program.
University degree in the health science or administration field; other relevant degrees and experience will be considered. In depth knowledge of First Nation health issues and concerns. Three or more years’ experience in Research, Raising Funds, and Program Development.
Deadline: Monday, July 7th, 2013, 4:30pm
Forward resumes in confidence to:
Employment & Training Coordinator
Athabasca Tribal Council
9206 McCormick Drive
Fort McMurray, Alberta, T9H 1C7
We thank all those responding to this competition. Only suitable candidates will be contacted