Atelka Employee Reviews in Canada

Just a joe job
Client Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sarnia OntOctober 13, 2015
Lots of phone time, not for everyone. Overall not a bad place for a filler job, not a carer job. Communication could use inprovement. Lots of good people there.
pros and cons
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 11, 2015
At work there are always new cases you need to search and find solution for which is the adventurous and fun part of this job. However, it would be great to have a better schedule since I mostly work in the evenings and at least every other weekend off.

At Atelka you feel the real meaning of teamwork :))
Good work atmosphere
customer service company (Former Employee) –  monctonJune 3, 2015
the work atmosphere was good, but the works hour was bad. The salary was low for the work the customer service department was doing.
enjoyed always learning something new
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown PEIMarch 19, 2013
answered calls for different clients
learned more computer skills
management helpfull and flexable
made many friends with co-workers
when policies did not allow us to assit customer
being on the phone with alot of nice people
Pros
comfortable work place
Productive and fun place
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 28, 2015
Very busy place to work, everyone is serious about their task. Colleagues are alway ready to give a hand when necessary. the administration is also welcoming and ready to listen to your problems if any.
Pros
Monthly free coffee
Cons
not too strict with punctuality.
awful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  sarnia ONAugust 18, 2015
worst company i have ever worked for. no organization or leadership, just threats of losing the job if you don't get sales. NOT a customer service job, don't be fooled.
No, no, and again no...
Technical Support / Senior Escalations CSR (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJanuary 7, 2013
I would never work for a company such as this one ever again. The management was extremely poor, employees were not properly trained, tested or screened, and around 90% of them had no knowledge in the area they were hired for, and had no clue as to what to do for the first few months of taking calls. There was not enough senior support for the new hires. The staff turnover rate was unlike anything I have ever witnessed. In order to get promoted you had to be "in" with the operations manager, among other people. Basically you were treated as a number, and nothing more. I could go on, but I digress. The site I worked in closed. It was a blessing in disguise.
Cons
everything about it.
Customer Service
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 3, 2015
Help as many people as possible and making customers feeling appreciated. I like my job just need more!! Looking for more money and different hours
Pros
good calls & customers
Cons
bad calls & hours
Good hours, secure place to work
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEAugust 3, 2012
A typical day at work would involve coming in 15-30 minutes early to make sure I had a computer and got logged in on time. Then I would plug in my headset and take technical support calls in 2 hour intervals for about 8-10 hours a day. The management was run by a company in Ontario which was then running through the internet provider in the USA, so things were a little unclear and unorganized. It was difficult to get anything looked at in time, if at all, and the training was not very effective either. These problems made adapting to the job very difficult for the first couple of weeks but eventually you got the hang of it. The most difficult part was the initial few weeks, and the irate customers, as we were tech support so when people got angry we couldnt really do much and had to try to fix their problem or send them to customer service, or a supervisor if they asked. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many different types of people over the phone.
Pros
2 breaks 15 minutes each paid, then an unpaid lunch 30 minutes.
Cons
poor atmosphere
Not the greatest place
Customer service Representative-Fido Solutions (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMarch 4, 2015
I worked here as a last resort. The only saving grace is that the people you work with (meaning the other people on the phones) were normally really great. You had to fight for time off and this was only possible if your team leader cared about you (I was lucky enough that mine did). The company dose not care about you at all. I was constantly shorted on pay because the systems that we were using also tracked how many hours you worked, and they would constantly crash. A lot of the people that would get promoted would look down on you. Granted this was all a few years ago and may have changed since. I really hope it has anyway.
some floor support
customer care (Current Employee) –  sarnia onJuly 28, 2015
never now the policies as they change without notice scheduling is not done on site it is done in montreal so every changing
Pros
Cons
poor comunications with the workers
Productive and Professional Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONAugust 11, 2014
Working at Atelka was a great experience for me. I was able to move up quickly. The people I work with and for are fantastic and very understanding. The hardest part of my job is making sure I satisfy all clients. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to different people every day and making their lives a little bit easier.
Pros
working on the computer
Cons
salary
Good atmosphere. and fun
Agente/ conseillère de services à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  MontrealDecember 26, 2014
Nice place to work
Colleagues and management team helpful
Learned a lot in regards to customer service
Dealing with angry customers and still being able to resolve issue
Love dealing with people and providing customer satisfaction
Customer Service -inbound
Customer Service Representative, Inbound calls (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBNovember 18, 2014
This is an entry level job, not much opportunity for advancement and the turnover is extremely high. Good if your just looking to make a quick dollar. You can learn quite a bit about the telecommunications industry .The hardest part of the job is dealing with the systems they use to take calls/log hours....
Only under absolute desperation
Customer service (Former Employee) –  FrederictonMarch 22, 2013
I have not read all the negative complaints but without even reading them, you can garuntee what they are saying is right. The positive reviews are highly unlikely. Problems will start from hr when you start. The majority of the information are lies to get you in. They don't tell you so much (many people were not even given interviews and just told to show up at a certain time for training and had no idea what had happened). After that you are out through a mind numbing training in which the trainers will tell you most of what you learn is worthless because you will learn everything on the floor. I won't go into details about everything wrong with this company because I could literally write a book. What I will say is management is disorganized and poor quality. Rules change on a daily basis and something you do on one day a supervisor is fine with and could get you fired from another supervisor on another day. You have to be there a minimum of 15 minutes unpaid before your shift and some times asked to stay late for unpaid coaching. Computer problems cause numerous pay issues that you need to constantly keep track of (but with no paper or way of recording your times allowed on the floor, you end up losing hours per pay). If you do make requests, don't expect them to be looked into (especially if your problem is an hr problem because I am sure the only thing she is paid for is bringing in new people through the atelka revolving door). Bad company. Terrible policies. Lazy management.
Pros
it pays most of what you worked, some times
Cons
everything else.
Is the perfect place to start your career in call centers.
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 14, 2013
There are many reasons why I am proud to work at Atelka. I have learned and grown personally and professionally by working for a company whose employees have a diverse background of cultures and knowledge,
Pros
great opportunity to grow within the company.
great place to work and meet people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  fredericton, new brunswickJune 11, 2015
Atelka is a great place to work and meet people..it is good for those people who are looking to start a job with no customer service experience.
Pros
flexible schedule, comfortable enviroment
Cons
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMay 18, 2015
Not good hours for a single mom. Sent home early during slow times. Computers slow and takes 20 25 min most times to get logged in before start time.
Productive fun work place
Agent au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCMarch 17, 2014
Answering inbound calls directly from clients regarding anything from billing to account and products.
It was My first call center job, i'v learn to adapt to that environment and got introduce to the customer service field.
Management was Ok.
I'v met some really interesting co-workers at the time and it was fun to interact with them. It was a very friendly environment.
A Typical Day at work
Agente de service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCApril 18, 2015
In this department we receive the call from the clients and we try to solve their problem or do their order. As a customer service agent, we need to be patient and have empathy and courtesy with them. This job is not easy to do there are a lot of stress and we try to help each other to do our best.