Atelka Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 October 2015
I worked with Atelka assisting customers on behalf of Rogers wireless. Every day i would come in and log in to my station and assist customer with their issues such as, billing, issues with their device (phones), or the on-line site along with making sales at the end of every conversation.

I learned all the basics in the company about customer service and sales, being able to assist an irate customer and assist him until the issue was resolved without having to escalate the customer to a manager, and also to make sales like new accounts or new devices.

The environment was great, all the co-workers were friendly at all times including the managers on the floor which were a huge help in case any issue appeared with a customer or a customer´s account.

The hardest part about the job was the workload and the equipment we used, we were a customer service team but as time passed the company shut down many of the other department and passed their work to us and did not raise the pay for the position even though the workload was 3 times higher than when we started. The computer we used were outdated and often froze in the middle of a conversation with the customer, this did not help with the work we had to do on a daily basis.

The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in every day to a great environment with the co-workers, everyone helped each other when needed.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Old equipment
Customer service representative
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 October 2015
Responding to customers inquiries , solve customers issues with their bills, services , management was on point, most of co-workers remained my friends
Just a joe job
Client Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sarnia Ont13 October 2015
Lots of phone time, not for everyone. Overall not a bad place for a filler job, not a carer job. Communication could use inprovement. Lots of good people there.
Loyalty Agent
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON23 September 2015
I work for an inbound call center. I love everything that my job requires of me. I don't mind working over a headset. I am very good at setting goals and attaining these personnel set goals. My job everyday is different as with inbound calls, every call is very different from the last. I get along with my coworkers, without usual job office conflicts. I come into work, log into my systems. Take calls as they come in. Deal with whatever that call requires of you at that time. The goal is to get the caller to hangup feeling a, "thank you", you have answers all my questions.
Great Coworkers, Awful Management
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC31 August 2015
Here you'll meet some really nice and cool people who won't hesitate to help you if you have questions. They really show me what team spirit means.
The job itself is challenging and you can learn something new everyday.
However, the management is pretty awful. We hardly feel appreciated. Staff turnover is extremely high. The team leaders are cool, but the higher-ups don't really care about us.
The training isn't particularly helpful due to the lack of support from the client company. We didn't have access to one of the most important tools until we actually got on the floor. We all learned on the fly. We had to.
The worst aspect is the schedule. When we were hired, we were told that at least we would have either Saturday or Sunday off every week. LIES. Never had a weekend off during the months on the floor. They were supposed to put up our schedules two weeks in advance. In reality, they are only able to post our schedules on time maybe half of the times. And they'll change your schedule last minute without notifying you, and expect you to follow the new one. Even if the schedules stay unchanged, you most likely won't have two days off in a row and you won't have the same days off every week. Shift trades are possible, but for some reason it takes them forever to complete, whereas I've seen it done in 10 minutes if you push a little. Proves that management is lazy and doesn't really care.
Decent place to get some money to pay the bills. Not for long term work.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Abysmal scheduling
awful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  sarnia ON18 August 2015
worst company i have ever worked for. no organization or leadership, just threats of losing the job if you don't get sales. NOT a customer service job, don't be fooled.
pros and cons
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 August 2015
At work there are always new cases you need to search and find solution for which is the adventurous and fun part of this job. However, it would be great to have a better schedule since I mostly work in the evenings and at least every other weekend off.

At Atelka you feel the real meaning of teamwork :))
Customer Service
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON3 August 2015
Help as many people as possible and making customers feeling appreciated. I like my job just need more!! Looking for more money and different hours
Pros
good calls & customers
Cons
bad calls & hours
Productive and fun place
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 July 2015
Very busy place to work, everyone is serious about their task. Colleagues are alway ready to give a hand when necessary. the administration is also welcoming and ready to listen to your problems if any.
Pros
Monthly free coffee
Cons
not too strict with punctuality.
some floor support
customer care (Current Employee) –  sarnia on28 July 2015
never now the policies as they change without notice scheduling is not done on site it is done in montreal so every changing
Pros
Cons
poor comunications with the workers
Good working environment and opportunities to develop communication, marketing and problem solving skills
Représentant de service à la clientèle bilingue (Current Employee) –  montreal17 July 2015
The fun part of the job is to help people to find a solution to the problem they are calling for. Also, there is possibility to work overtime almost every week.

The team leaders and the instructors are nice and great.

I have learned to improved my communication skill in both english and french. And to empathy and connecting emotionally with customers.
customer service representetive (Former Employee) –  montreal QC3 July 2015
My typical day at work would be spending time on the phone solving customers problems ,etc

I learned to multi tusk and ins and out of computer developed strong communication skills
I created a strong friendships with everyone I worked with I get along with everyone from management to co-workers and cleaners everyone knows me
The hardest part of my job is when there is not enough ours

Flexible time schedule as a parent my company always made sure to fit me on the schedule that will allow me to be on time at work and to care for my kid
Cons
great place to work and meet people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  fredericton, new brunswick11 June 2015
Atelka is a great place to work and meet people..it is good for those people who are looking to start a job with no customer service experience.
Pros
flexible schedule, comfortable enviroment
Cons
n/a
Good work atmosphere
customer service company (Former Employee) –  moncton3 June 2015
the work atmosphere was good, but the works hour was bad. The salary was low for the work the customer service department was doing.
productive strict work environment
Call service representative (Former Employee) –  fredericton19 May 2015
learned to use many different soft-wear programs; all the different types of phones and plans that were offered in the company as well as the defaults and mistakes.
Pros
all the people from other places you get to communicate with.
Cons
long hours; yelling from costumers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB18 May 2015
Not good hours for a single mom. Sent home early during slow times. Computers slow and takes 20 25 min most times to get logged in before start time.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  montreal qc12 May 2015
I have learn alot at atelka and I had a good relationship with my co worker .The most enjoyable part of the job was too help the customer with their different issue
low quality bad management
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 April 2015
not really grate company the have very week management and the rate of salary is horrible ..........................
A Typical Day at work
Agente de service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC18 April 2015
In this department we receive the call from the clients and we try to solve their problem or do their order. As a customer service agent, we need to be patient and have empathy and courtesy with them. This job is not easy to do there are a lot of stress and we try to help each other to do our best.
Not the greatest place
Customer service Representative-Fido Solutions (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB4 March 2015
I worked here as a last resort. The only saving grace is that the people you work with (meaning the other people on the phones) were normally really great. You had to fight for time off and this was only possible if your team leader cared about you (I was lucky enough that mine did). The company dose not care about you at all. I was constantly shorted on pay because the systems that we were using also tracked how many hours you worked, and they would constantly crash. A lot of the people that would get promoted would look down on you. Granted this was all a few years ago and may have changed since. I really hope it has anyway.