Atelka Employee Reviews

It is a call center.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB23 January 2017
Atelka has great co-workers and support team. My team leader is very helpful. If it wasn't so far away from my home it would make working there easier.
Scam for people just arrived in the country
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 October 2016
Great experience to test your patience. Supervisor are rude and don't expect help from them it will never appened.You have a kid don't go there you'll never be there for them because of your schedule. No benefit and no respect for the employee's.
Nice people but could be more loose
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 May 2016
There was a bit of drama and this call center is very strict. The training was a bit rushy. I applied for day shift and they put me on night so I could not stay long because I am a mother with no help. You need to wait 3 months to apply for day. But otherwise the people were friendly. Salary was great!
The job duties are not that bad, but they make it impossible to enjoy it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON19 April 2016
Every day things change... there is not set schedule and they do not inform you enough in advance of your next schedule. They don't take incident reports seriously enough.

The job itself isnt too bad for 12.00 / hour and benefits. but they deduct bathroom time, and any time your no on a call so when you think you work 8 hours you really only getting paid for like 7.15 hours
Pros
benefit
Cons
hours, schedules
Fun place to work for a short term
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON27 June 2016
Fun place to work for a short term. Decent pay but improper timings. Great management. Good start to gain a Canadian experience.
Great Colleagues
Conseiller service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 June 2016
The colleagues are greate but there is a great management problem within the company and I think is the main reason of the personal turnover
Very challenging work conditions
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC28 October 2016
Most supervisors are not supportive. Coming to work is so stressful because of technical and resource related issues.
very nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB2 November 2016
It was very nice and friendly , with the customers being very receptive to the service and assistane being rendered on a daily basis.
Very motivating and there is room for creativity.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 May 2016
I liked working for this company because the bosses were very supportive, accessible and open to suggestions that were constructive.
Pros
Learnt a lot of marketing
Cons
Not in line with what I was aspiring to do as a career
Positive Upbeat place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 July 2016
The place is positive and upbeat to work at and has very friendly staff. There is also plenty of potential and opportunity for growth and moving up within the company.
Pros
Friendly Colleges
Cons
Lack of Knowledge Training
Productive and fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 October 2015
I worked with Atelka assisting customers on behalf of Rogers wireless. Every day i would come in and log in to my station and assist customer with their issues such as, billing, issues with their device (phones), or the on-line site along with making sales at the end of every conversation.

I learned all the basics in the company about customer service and sales, being able to assist an irate customer and assist him until the issue was resolved without having to escalate the customer to a manager, and also to make sales like new accounts or new devices.

The environment was great, all the co-workers were friendly at all times including the managers on the floor which were a huge help in case any issue appeared with a customer or a customer´s account.

The hardest part about the job was the workload and the equipment we used, we were a customer service team but as time passed the company shut down many of the other department and passed their work to us and did not raise the pay for the position even though the workload was 3 times higher than when we started. The computer we used were outdated and often froze in the middle of a conversation with the customer, this did not help with the work we had to do on a daily basis.

The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in every day to a great environment with the co-workers, everyone helped each other when needed.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Old equipment
Great learning experience
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 August 2016
The learning experience at atelka was amazing. Even to this day im still using the skills i leaned at this job. The skills spread out ion a lot of areas.
Great place to grow!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON15 August 2016
I love my job at Atelka, there is lots of room for growth which I love! Also a great managerial team to work with! Great environment I've learned a lot in my time here!
Great group, hours are a little rough though
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE29 March 2016
I actually enjoy working here. I do chat instead of phones but my Team Managers back me up on everything. The hours are a little hard, 5P.M to 1.A.M, but I am slowly getting use to it (I'm more of a morning person XD). My team really promotes the "If you don't know, just ask your team." I can't say for the phone team since I was only there for about a month but I can say for chat that it is a hardworking but enjoyable day arguing with customers XD
Pros
Team always helpful even in odd situations, lots of celebratory stuff going on in building
Cons
late nights but if your a night person than this is great for you
Decent stability but lack of support
Représentant bilingue du service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montreal19 February 2015
The work environment was hectic (which is fine), but it was coupled with a total lack of support from the management. The salary was horrible and there was seemingly no opportunities for advancement. The company is also known for having a very high employee turnover, and is often seen by some graduate as the last resort when jobless.
Pros
No sales objectives
Cons
Total lack of support, low salary, demotivating
Not Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON11 July 2016
Was a very stressful environment. Trainers did not seem very well informed. Needs more hands on training. Needs training to be better organized.
Absolutely awful
Former CSR (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick29 January 2013
Worked at atelka for almost 3 years, typical week is showing up at work early about 20 minutes (unpaid), computer systems crashing at least two to three times a week and you always had to keep track of your time because if the system crashed they couldnt tell who was there and who wasnt half the time, lack of communication between supervisors-one supervisor would tell you the procedure for one thing and you would do it that way and then another supervisor would tell you it was wrong, do the right things would be sent from other dpts and supervisors would accept them without investigating or listening to the call to see if it was justified or not, no leniency if you had dr appointments etc..i would never work for them again as a matter of fact my meds kept getting raised and finally my dr put me off work for them and i got unemployment..
Cons
a lot
Very boring and stressful. Management not very understanding.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB25 June 2013
I would go to work sit at a computer, if i could find one that worked. Get my systems loaded which would take 10-20 min. Then i would start taking calls.

I learned a lot about cell phone and how to do tricks on computers.

Management is not very understanding, they do not trust what you say.

Co-workers are what get me through everyday.

The hardest part is that it is so stressful and ridiculous at times.

The most enjoyable part is satisfying customers and making their day for going that extra step for them.
Pros
Full time work, friendly co-workers.
Cons
Very long hours, late/early morning. Only 30 min break for a 9 hour shift. They do not pay you properly.
espace de travail agréable ,beau bureau
Agente service à la clientèle(centre d'appel) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 April 2016
Apres une journée de travail , j'améliore mes compétences d'agent de service à la clientèle.
Le client demeure une priorité et je mets tous mes efforts pour le satisfaire.
le point le plus fort est notre esprit d'équipe, les challenges pour les ventes . mes collègues sont très professionnels ,entre agent on s'assure de toujours fournir le meilleur service et de répondre avec courtoisie et empathie au client.
Atelka
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON2 April 2016
Working at Atelka is just like any normal job for me, I'm just not a fan of the hours 3-12 2-10. and it takes a long time working there to be able to get your hours changed, and it just sucks being a single parent of a child under 1. Hardest part about working there is when you get those customers call in who are right furious about their bill or service with another agent and you get it taken out on you and you have to calm down the customer and help them with their issues.

2.8