Atelka Employee Reviews

Awful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON16 July 2017
Have never dealt with a company that cares so little about their employees! Typical day was getting yelled at by not only customers but management as well
Typical workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB12 July 2017
*very low salary
*minimum pay with same work load with other call center
*less reward and recognition to agents
*typical work environment
*need system or computer upgrade
Suffocating work environment
Corporate Sales for Cirque du Soleil (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 July 2017
Great colleagues, management and supervision needs to be seriously looked into and make it more humane.

They need to improve manners and respect for their employees.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
supervisors
Great benefits, terrible hours.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE27 June 2017
This job has great benefits ( medical, dental and optical) however the hours were horrible. Working from 4 PM until 1 AM are not good hours because not only does it throw your sleep schedule out of alignment you send your days sleeping so you can't get anything else done.
Helps to develop communicative skills
Représentante service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 June 2017
Nice people, always helpful, but too much work and too long schedules. The working hours do not allow people to spend time with their families. Good facilities.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Long schedules
Fair pay, caring leadership, and strong drive for business success
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON23 June 2017
The Sarnia ON site is one that I am proud to be a part of.

The senior managers genuinely care about the staff and try to spread that feeling around. Brainstorming sessions are had every so often, with a focus on how to improve the frontline experience and encourage a better working atmosphere.

Team Leaders put a ton of effort into encouraging, developing and supporting the staff, while balancing the needs of the clients.

Many people have built long lasting friendships with their peers that will transcend beyond their positions with us. And, even if they're not "besties", most show respect for each other.

If you put the effort into being professional and respectful, and come to work when scheduled, you will have a positive experience with this team.

We've also been recently acquired by TeleTech, which is very exciting!
Pros
2 lunch rooms with great amenities, multiple restrooms, on-site cafeteria for hot food, caring leadership team, part of the TeleTech family
Cons
Aging equipment and IT infrastructure, callers can be very challenging to handle, location is a bit far out so transportation could be problematic for some.
Good coworkers
Inbound Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON16 June 2017
The coworkers were amazing to work with and helpful if you needed the help. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers and not baing bale to help them properly. also not havin enough training to do the job expected
An outsourcing company which pay you pretty good and keep their employees happy by bribing them with overt time and loads of incentives.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON12 June 2017
A normal shift of 9 hours which is very hectic as you have to attend so many calls and satisfying you customers. I learned patience and good command over my communication skills. The environment is really good and competitive. The hardest part of this job is to deal with pretty annoying customers as well as it gets really difficult after some time to sit and attend calls.
Pros
good incentives
Cons
Starts out great then not so much
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 June 2017
There are some real shining stars here - the reception and hiring people are very professional and made me feel like I was really part of something great. the training is long and boring but maybe not their fault.
I think they really try. the wage is bad but its entry level and I have no qualifications and still landed a full time job and benefits if I had lasted 3 months. I couldn't afford to keep driving there but I would have stayed if it was closer.
Pros
really great reception and interview lady benefits full time
Cons
boring training too far to drive
Fun place to work with
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 June 2017
You get amazing employees who are always there to help. Even though Team Leaders are amazing as well. I loved to work there but had to leave because I had better opportunity.
Pros
Amazing Work culture
Cons
Poor pay

Want to know more about Atelka?

Ask a question
Horrible and doesn't pay you your wages
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON2 June 2017
I've had to file 3 claims to the labour board about sarnia Atelka. They don't give you your vacation pay, they sometimes don't pay you for your day(s) worked and they charge you $$$ for benefits even after you quit. Don't work there!!!
Pros
Finishing your 9+ hour shift
Cons
Unpaid wages, bad management
Resolve concerns of the customers over the call
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 May 2017
A typical day at work would include answering multiple calls of the Rogers customers and help them to resolve their concerns. I learned about how to deal with uncertainties at workplace as the customers would call about any concern and I had to resolve everything on that call.
Csr
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON14 May 2017
the job was a bit fun, but the salary wasn't as much as the effort i gave to it. The management was really the worse management have worked with. Not trying to be rude but just the fact
friendly reception
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON12 May 2017
the lady who interviews you really cares about you.the trainers try but the classes are so borring.hard to wait for such a small paycheque. its nice to have beneifts
Pros
benefits and full time
Cons
pay is low
Productive place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 May 2017
Atelka is an amazing company to work at, provides the best options to students and ful time professionals and lets employees to the best services possible.
fired without valid reason when asked for one.
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON2 May 2017
throughout my time working it was ok. training was fun, on the floor was hard but sometimes nice, as for management listening it didn't happpen. i felt unheard, i felt like i was being bullied by not only other staff members at the same level as me but as well as members higher up as well. although atelka is a "friendly" environment it is not the most understanding or helpful place. employers should make their employees feel safe and listend to when discussing his/her issues. i did not feel safe nor heard when brought forwards concerns or issues within the work place. I felt attacked and ignored.
Pros
benifits for families
Cons
phone calls that can last forever.
Customer Service Representative/Rogers Agent
Customer Service Representative/Rogers Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 April 2017
Working with Rogers Live chat,

Help existing customers, monitor and perform after-sales Rogers services,

Promote, sell, and deliver products and services that meet the specific needs of Rogers clients,

Establish a relationship of trust the Rogers client in perspective of increasing their level of satisfaction
Typical Call Centre Environment
Onsite IT (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON25 April 2017
Atelka is an average call centre. They are unexceptional in their approach. The salary is minimal for the position. My management team, who are in head office in Montreal 99% of the time, is well equipped and I respect them greatly. Operations is far too politically motivated. A recurring issue in any company of this size
Atelka Sucks !!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON25 April 2017
Working for Atelka clearly sucks for the abuse you're getting from the customers (Bell Canada) their not paying enough for this abuse.
The only way that could've been a better place is that Atelka and Bell Canada clear some rotten apples mainly the incompetence and lying S.O.Bs from the sales department.

Overall it's not worth it !!
Pros
No pros trust me
Cons
Everything !!!
nice place with lots of activities
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 April 2017
love working there and learned a lot from there. i had great experience in production, enjoyed taking calls of the customers and some times i felt very bad when customers are yelling on me but this is my job to help them. i tried to make every customer happy and end the call with smile.