Atelka Employee Reviews

Overall not bad
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON8 June 2016
The Canada Post component overall is okay, in the Cornwall location is new to the Canada Post so they are adjusting to managing the CP component.
taking calls all day
prepaid agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 June 2016
atelka is a call center, I work in the prepaid department, answer calls all day. I don't like being on constant call, I prefer being in customer service face to face.
Aweful company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON3 June 2016
I have not experienced so much stress and feeling of unwanted or respect in my entire time of working. I highly suggest you stay far away 😑
Cons
Nice people but could be more loose
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 May 2016
There was a bit of drama and this call center is very strict. The training was a bit rushy. I applied for day shift and they put me on night so I could not stay long because I am a mother with no help. You need to wait 3 months to apply for day. But otherwise the people were friendly. Salary was great!
Description of working for Atelka
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 May 2016
Atelka was a good calling center. It gives someone without experience apply to every detail of doing a good job no matter what you are doing as a job. I learned a few important things that I would take for the rest of my life. When receiving calls, I learned that you have to be enthusiastic and develop a certain relationship between you and the caller. When a customer calls, he has to feel like we're taking good care of him/her. It showed me that it has to be the same for any other type of job. The management was pretty cool too! Whenever you needed help to finish a call, you could ask questions to the superiors to complete the tasks on the call. With time, you would get used to things when taking calls. My co-workers were cool too. I had much fun working with the people around me. For those who were working there for while were really helpful too. The felt free and comfortable to help and give advice at anytime for calls. The hardest part of the job was my first two weeks when I had to learn how to complete a call with all the policies given in the formation. The most enjoyable thing was when I was completing calls from difficult customers. Nothing better than ending a 30min conversation with an angry customer, the right way!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Very motivating and there is room for creativity.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 May 2016
I liked working for this company because the bosses were very supportive, accessible and open to suggestions that were constructive.
Pros
Learnt a lot of marketing
Cons
Not in line with what I was aspiring to do as a career
The job duties are not that bad, but they make it impossible to enjoy it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON19 April 2016
Every day things change... there is not set schedule and they do not inform you enough in advance of your next schedule. They don't take incident reports seriously enough.

The job itself isnt too bad for 12.00 / hour and benefits. but they deduct bathroom time, and any time your no on a call so when you think you work 8 hours you really only getting paid for like 7.15 hours
Pros
benefit
Cons
hours, schedules
Call center and working for fido
customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB15 April 2016
Atelka is a call center with a few management issues. Long hours and no value for its emplyees.
Atelka is a fido phone company. Fido is a fine company.
Cons
espace de travail agréable ,beau bureau
Agente service à la clientèle(centre d'appel) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 April 2016
Apres une journée de travail , j'améliore mes compétences d'agent de service à la clientèle.
Le client demeure une priorité et je mets tous mes efforts pour le satisfaire.
le point le plus fort est notre esprit d'équipe, les challenges pour les ventes . mes collègues sont très professionnels ,entre agent on s'assure de toujours fournir le meilleur service et de répondre avec courtoisie et empathie au client.
Atelka
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON2 April 2016
Working at Atelka is just like any normal job for me, I'm just not a fan of the hours 3-12 2-10. and it takes a long time working there to be able to get your hours changed, and it just sucks being a single parent of a child under 1. Hardest part about working there is when you get those customers call in who are right furious about their bill or service with another agent and you get it taken out on you and you have to calm down the customer and help them with their issues.
Not for everyone
Customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON30 March 2016
very high stress job, definitely not for everyone. i got along well with a group at work and coming in definitely easier. you really have to have a support system there.
Great group, hours are a little rough though
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE29 March 2016
I actually enjoy working here. I do chat instead of phones but my Team Managers back me up on everything. The hours are a little hard, 5P.M to 1.A.M, but I am slowly getting use to it (I'm more of a morning person XD). My team really promotes the "If you don't know, just ask your team." I can't say for the phone team since I was only there for about a month but I can say for chat that it is a hardworking but enjoyable day arguing with customers XD
Pros
Team always helpful even in odd situations, lots of celebratory stuff going on in building
Cons
late nights but if your a night person than this is great for you
It was a great experience working at Atelka as a Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 March 2016
Worked as a Customer Service Representative (Part-Time), Provided effective solution to the customers by understanding their needs. Co-Workers along with the Team Leader have been such a great help.
Communication
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON4 March 2016
This job improves my communication skills and helps how to deal with customers. I'm putting my life into it for bringing more production for the company.
Pros
Paid break
Not bad
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON4 March 2016
if a call centre is your thing than its not bad. The shifting could be better. The shift are not consistant they change from week to week.
Very engaging and highly motivational environment
Loyalty specialist agent (Current Employee) –  1000 ST ANTOINE WEST, MONTREAL12 February 2016
My day is usually characterized by meeting up with customer needs through the phone with the help of floor support by my supervisors and team leaders. The environment is very motivating
computation in work place.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC31 January 2016
i learned a lot about how to deal with customers all over the phone.
all the employs and managers were very helpful .
Management were very good in supporting employs .
all the employs were very helpful and the managers as well.
Geat place to be
Customer service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 January 2016
Great people to work with, always was a blast and pleasure to be at work, made amazing friends and great benefits best part of the job was the helping out the customers
Pros
Lots of overtime
Just good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 December 2015
the Management was nonchalant about the warfare of its workers. My team lead was good and gave me the encouragement to continue to work. It was not easy to get parking but by metro it was very accessible.
To many cheifs
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec29 November 2015
Other than the error in pays and senior agents either getting some of their hours slashed or be given the schedules and hours of work that the new agents should of gotten. What is told to you during the interview is all false.
Pros
Good place to work at if you are in high school
Cons
Should be kept as a temporary job