Atelka Employee Reviews in Canada

customer service representetive (Former Employee) –  montreal QCJuly 3, 2015
My typical day at work would be spending time on the phone solving customers problems ,etc

I learned to multi tusk and ins and out of computer developed strong communication skills
I created a strong friendships with everyone I worked with I get along with everyone from management to co-workers and cleaners everyone knows me
The hardest part of my job is when there is not enough ours

Flexible time schedule as a parent my company always made sure to fit me on the schedule that will allow me to be on time at work and to care for my kid
pros and cons
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 11, 2015
At work there are always new cases you need to search and find solution for which is the adventurous and fun part of this job. However, it would be great to have a better schedule since I mostly work in the evenings and at least every other weekend off.

At Atelka you feel the real meaning of teamwork :))
Productive and fun place
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 28, 2015
Very busy place to work, everyone is serious about their task. Colleagues are alway ready to give a hand when necessary. the administration is also welcoming and ready to listen to your problems if any.
Pros
Monthly free coffee
Cons
not too strict with punctuality.
Just a joe job
Client Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sarnia OntOctober 13, 2015
Lots of phone time, not for everyone. Overall not a bad place for a filler job, not a carer job. Communication could use inprovement. Lots of good people there.
Customer Service
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 3, 2015
Help as many people as possible and making customers feeling appreciated. I like my job just need more!! Looking for more money and different hours
Pros
good calls & customers
Cons
bad calls & hours
awful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  sarnia ONAugust 18, 2015
worst company i have ever worked for. no organization or leadership, just threats of losing the job if you don't get sales. NOT a customer service job, don't be fooled.
productive strict work environment
Call service representative (Former Employee) –  frederictonMay 19, 2015
learned to use many different soft-wear programs; all the different types of phones and plans that were offered in the company as well as the defaults and mistakes.
Pros
all the people from other places you get to communicate with.
Cons
long hours; yelling from costumers
some floor support
customer care (Current Employee) –  sarnia onJuly 28, 2015
never now the policies as they change without notice scheduling is not done on site it is done in montreal so every changing
Pros
Cons
poor comunications with the workers
great place to work and meet people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  fredericton, new brunswickJune 11, 2015
Atelka is a great place to work and meet people..it is good for those people who are looking to start a job with no customer service experience.
Pros
flexible schedule, comfortable enviroment
Cons
n/a
A Typical Day at work
Agente de service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCApril 18, 2015
In this department we receive the call from the clients and we try to solve their problem or do their order. As a customer service agent, we need to be patient and have empathy and courtesy with them. This job is not easy to do there are a lot of stress and we try to help each other to do our best.
Not the greatest place
Customer service Representative-Fido Solutions (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMarch 4, 2015
I worked here as a last resort. The only saving grace is that the people you work with (meaning the other people on the phones) were normally really great. You had to fight for time off and this was only possible if your team leader cared about you (I was lucky enough that mine did). The company dose not care about you at all. I was constantly shorted on pay because the systems that we were using also tracked how many hours you worked, and they would constantly crash. A lot of the people that would get promoted would look down on you. Granted this was all a few years ago and may have changed since. I really hope it has anyway.
Decent stability but lack of support
Représentant bilingue du service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  MontrealFebruary 19, 2015
The work environment was hectic (which is fine), but it was coupled with a total lack of support from the management. The salary was horrible and there was seemingly no opportunities for advancement. The company is also known for having a very high employee turnover, and is often seen by some graduate as the last resort when jobless.
Pros
no sales objectives
Cons
total lack of support, low salary, demotivating
Very busy environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 10, 2015
I would start off my day by answering calls, I had to handle customers with bills questions to inquiring on new services. Even giving credits and disconnecting services. I learned how to deal with different people and their emotions and how t eliminate a situation before it escalated and still keep a friendly manner! The management was on a only if you have questions basis, so we didn't not communicate unless we were having a team meeting. Everyone around were busy taking calls all day so there would barely be time to communicate with co workers, I did enjoy help customers with their issues a happy customer makes a happy day!! The hardest part was the calls never stopped
Pros
able to help with problems, provided more customer service skills
Cons
the angry customers
Good work atmosphere
customer service company (Former Employee) –  monctonJune 3, 2015
the work atmosphere was good, but the works hour was bad. The salary was low for the work the customer service department was doing.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMay 18, 2015
Not good hours for a single mom. Sent home early during slow times. Computers slow and takes 20 25 min most times to get logged in before start time.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  montreal qcMay 12, 2015
I have learn alot at atelka and I had a good relationship with my co worker .The most enjoyable part of the job was too help the customer with their different issue
n/a
Technical Inbound Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 12, 2015
I have gained from a number of employments many skills that
will make me an asset to any organization. My experience as an information system analyst linked with my bachelor’s degrees in Applied and Actuarial Mathematics, and the successful completion of two SOA exams (P and FM) will provide all the necessary qualifications for my job as actuary.
I developed a wide range of skills that will be useful . They gave me the opportunity to strengthen my interpersonal and organizational skills and time management. I also have experience in working effectively under pressure.
• I am hard working and highly motivated
• I enjoy acquiring new skills, problem solving and I am a fast learner
• I am an excellent multitasker, with excellent organizational and a great time management skills
• I have developed the ability to communicate complex solutions and ideas in simple terms that most
If I could rate any lower, I would
Technical Support agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 14, 2014
This was absolutely the worst company I have ever worked for. The temperature in the office was hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

The training and experience was proprietary and not very useful in a transferrable sense.

I made the mistake of taking the job as an entry, point but was too burned out from the high pressure to ever look for another job. They nickel and dime and make you pay for company bbqs or the christmas party.

There's got to be a better place to work, keep on looking folks.
Pros
downtown location
Cons
high pressure, poor renumeration
Productive and fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 25, 2015
I worked with Atelka assisting customers on behalf of Rogers wireless. Every day i would come in and log in to my station and assist customer with their issues such as, billing, issues with their device (phones), or the on-line site along with making sales at the end of every conversation.

I learned all the basics in the company about customer service and sales, being able to assist an irate customer and assist him until the issue was resolved without having to escalate the customer to a manager, and also to make sales like new accounts or new devices.

The environment was great, all the co-workers were friendly at all times including the managers on the floor which were a huge help in case any issue appeared with a customer or a customer´s account.

The hardest part about the job was the workload and the equipment we used, we were a customer service team but as time passed the company shut down many of the other department and passed their work to us and did not raise the pay for the position even though the workload was 3 times higher than when we started. The computer we used were outdated and often froze in the middle of a conversation with the customer, this did not help with the work we had to do on a daily basis.

The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in every day to a great environment with the co-workers, everyone helped each other when needed.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Old equipment
Customer Service -inbound
Customer Service Representative, Inbound calls (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBNovember 18, 2014
This is an entry level job, not much opportunity for advancement and the turnover is extremely high. Good if your just looking to make a quick dollar. You can learn quite a bit about the telecommunications industry .The hardest part of the job is dealing with the systems they use to take calls/log hours....