Atelka Employee Reviews in Canada

Overall not bad
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJune 8, 2016
The Canada Post component overall is okay, in the Cornwall location is new to the Canada Post so they are adjusting to managing the CP component.
Very engaging and highly motivational environment
Loyalty specialist agent (Current Employee) –  1000 ST ANTOINE WEST, MONTREALFebruary 12, 2016
My day is usually characterized by meeting up with customer needs through the phone with the help of floor support by my supervisors and team leaders. The environment is very motivating
Communication
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMarch 4, 2016
This job improves my communication skills and helps how to deal with customers. I'm putting my life into it for bringing more production for the company.
Pros
Paid break
Not bad
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMarch 4, 2016
if a call centre is your thing than its not bad. The shifting could be better. The shift are not consistant they change from week to week.
Not for everyone
Customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMarch 30, 2016
very high stress job, definitely not for everyone. i got along well with a group at work and coming in definitely easier. you really have to have a support system there.
worst place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 22, 2016
Atelka is a stressful place, they pay you nothing, they do not respect their employees.
they lay off people easily.
Customer service representative
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 20, 2015
Responding to customers inquiries , solve customers issues with their bills, services , management was on point, most of co-workers remained my friends
customer service representetive (Former Employee) –  montreal QCJuly 3, 2015
My typical day at work would be spending time on the phone solving customers problems ,etc

I learned to multi tusk and ins and out of computer developed strong communication skills
I created a strong friendships with everyone I worked with I get along with everyone from management to co-workers and cleaners everyone knows me
The hardest part of my job is when there is not enough ours

Flexible time schedule as a parent my company always made sure to fit me on the schedule that will allow me to be on time at work and to care for my kid
To many cheifs
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecNovember 29, 2015
Other than the error in pays and senior agents either getting some of their hours slashed or be given the schedules and hours of work that the new agents should of gotten. What is told to you during the interview is all false.
Pros
Good place to work at if you are in high school
Cons
Should be kept as a temporary job
Loyalty Agent
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONSeptember 23, 2015
I work for an inbound call center. I love everything that my job requires of me. I don't mind working over a headset. I am very good at setting goals and attaining these personnel set goals. My job everyday is different as with inbound calls, every call is very different from the last. I get along with my coworkers, without usual job office conflicts. I come into work, log into my systems. Take calls as they come in. Deal with whatever that call requires of you at that time. The goal is to get the caller to hangup feeling a, "thank you", you have answers all my questions.
Great Coworkers, Awful Management
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QCAugust 31, 2015
Here you'll meet some really nice and cool people who won't hesitate to help you if you have questions. They really show me what team spirit means.
The job itself is challenging and you can learn something new everyday.
However, the management is pretty awful. We hardly feel appreciated. Staff turnover is extremely high. The team leaders are cool, but the higher-ups don't really care about us.
The training isn't particularly helpful due to the lack of support from the client company. We didn't have access to one of the most important tools until we actually got on the floor. We all learned on the fly. We had to.
The worst aspect is the schedule. When we were hired, we were told that at least we would have either Saturday or Sunday off every week. LIES. Never had a weekend off during the months on the floor. They were supposed to put up our schedules two weeks in advance. In reality, they are only able to post our schedules on time maybe half of the times. And they'll change your schedule last minute without notifying you, and expect you to follow the new one. Even if the schedules stay unchanged, you most likely won't have two days off in a row and you won't have the same days off every week. Shift trades are possible, but for some reason it takes them forever to complete, whereas I've seen it done in 10 minutes if you push a little. Proves that management is lazy and doesn't really care.
Decent place to get some money to pay the bills. Not for long term work.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Abysmal scheduling
Absolutely awful
Former CSR (Former Employee) –  New BrunswickJanuary 29, 2013
Worked at atelka for almost 3 years, typical week is showing up at work early about 20 minutes (unpaid), computer systems crashing at least two to three times a week and you always had to keep track of your time because if the system crashed they couldnt tell who was there and who wasnt half the time, lack of communication between supervisors-one supervisor would tell you the procedure for one thing and you would do it that way and then another supervisor would tell you it was wrong, do the right things would be sent from other dpts and supervisors would accept them without investigating or listening to the call to see if it was justified or not, no leniency if you had dr appointments etc..i would never work for them again as a matter of fact my meds kept getting raised and finally my dr put me off work for them and i got unemployment..
Cons
a lot
Very boring and stressful. Management not very understanding.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJune 25, 2013
I would go to work sit at a computer, if i could find one that worked. Get my systems loaded which would take 10-20 min. Then i would start taking calls.

I learned a lot about cell phone and how to do tricks on computers.

Management is not very understanding, they do not trust what you say.

Co-workers are what get me through everyday.

The hardest part is that it is so stressful and ridiculous at times.

The most enjoyable part is satisfying customers and making their day for going that extra step for them.
Pros
full time work, friendly co-workers.
Cons
very long hours, late/early morning. only 30 min break for a 9 hour shift. they do not pay you properly.
low quality bad management
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 21, 2015
not really grate company the have very week management and the rate of salary is horrible ..........................
Very busy environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 10, 2015
I would start off my day by answering calls, I had to handle customers with bills questions to inquiring on new services. Even giving credits and disconnecting services. I learned how to deal with different people and their emotions and how t eliminate a situation before it escalated and still keep a friendly manner! The management was on a only if you have questions basis, so we didn't not communicate unless we were having a team meeting. Everyone around were busy taking calls all day so there would barely be time to communicate with co workers, I did enjoy help customers with their issues a happy customer makes a happy day!! The hardest part was the calls never stopped
Pros
able to help with problems, provided more customer service skills
Cons
the angry customers
n/a
Technical Inbound Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 12, 2015
I have gained from a number of employments many skills that
will make me an asset to any organization. My experience as an information system analyst linked with my bachelor’s degrees in Applied and Actuarial Mathematics, and the successful completion of two SOA exams (P and FM) will provide all the necessary qualifications for my job as actuary.
I developed a wide range of skills that will be useful . They gave me the opportunity to strengthen my interpersonal and organizational skills and time management. I also have experience in working effectively under pressure.
• I am hard working and highly motivated
• I enjoy acquiring new skills, problem solving and I am a fast learner
• I am an excellent multitasker, with excellent organizational and a great time management skills
• I have developed the ability to communicate complex solutions and ideas in simple terms that most
Good working environment and opportunities to develop communication, marketing and problem solving skills
Représentant de service à la clientèle bilingue (Current Employee) –  montrealJuly 17, 2015
The fun part of the job is to help people to find a solution to the problem they are calling for. Also, there is possibility to work overtime almost every week.

The team leaders and the instructors are nice and great.

I have learned to improved my communication skill in both english and french. And to empathy and connecting emotionally with customers.
Just a joe job
Client Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Sarnia OntOctober 13, 2015
Lots of phone time, not for everyone. Overall not a bad place for a filler job, not a carer job. Communication could use inprovement. Lots of good people there.
productive strict work environment
Call service representative (Former Employee) –  frederictonMay 19, 2015
learned to use many different soft-wear programs; all the different types of phones and plans that were offered in the company as well as the defaults and mistakes.
Pros
all the people from other places you get to communicate with.
Cons
long hours; yelling from costumers
pros and cons
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 11, 2015
At work there are always new cases you need to search and find solution for which is the adventurous and fun part of this job. However, it would be great to have a better schedule since I mostly work in the evenings and at least every other weekend off.

At Atelka you feel the real meaning of teamwork :))