Atelka Employee Reviews

Good Job
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON26 October 2016
I liked working at Atelka. Inc. The management was very goal oriented and supportive. I learnt a lot from my co-workers and also mentored new people, Such work environment is always good
Pros
Incentives, Free Pizza
Cons
Long Hours
Adaption on a daily basis
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB14 June 2016
This company is a fun place to work, while developing your skills both personally and professionally.

Management team is one of a kind! Professional, helpful, FUN and is willing to make the company number 1!

They value their management team and spend the time to help you adapt and strive for you top use your full professional potential.

Great company to work for. Would definitely go back if they moved out west.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Long Hours
Good to gain experience
Corporate Trainer, Rogers wireless campaigns (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 June 2016
This is the nature of third party call centers, the benefits and salary is really low. However there is always room to advance in your career. Atelka offers you the opportunity of experiencing.
Pros
Advancement opportunity
Cons
Low Salary
Toxic Management Team that leaks their stupidity into every corner of the organization
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON12 October 2016
The only good thing about this job is the other you people you work with; that does not include the administration and management. Management and administration at atelka is some of the most shady and underhanded i have seen anywhere...worst than walmart. Management does not work with people's schedule in anyway shape or form; the management team don their friends with special privileges and better shifts. People who deserve to be promoted do not get promoted, again, it is only the friends of management. When there is an error in scheduling, rather than trying to make it right, management says thats nice its your problem now. The best thing is when you were told something and then management and admin keep passing you around saying its not there responsibility then after a month they completely close ranks and pretend things were never said. The salary is substandard (lets be real its minimum wage). The shifts are rather long: ten and a half hours at times. There are predetermined breaks and they will schedule you to go for your break like an hour and a half and then make you wait 4 hours for lunch: ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. At the end of the day, companies use atelka so they can get cheap customer service work and not have to pay someone else an actually decent wage. Atelka is in the business of taking advantage of people and its sad but there is a market for that it would seem.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Description of working for Atelka
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 May 2016
Atelka was a good calling center. It gives someone without experience apply to every detail of doing a good job no matter what you are doing as a job. I learned a few important things that I would take for the rest of my life. When receiving calls, I learned that you have to be enthusiastic and develop a certain relationship between you and the caller. When a customer calls, he has to feel like we're taking good care of him/her. It showed me that it has to be the same for any other type of job. The management was pretty cool too! Whenever you needed help to finish a call, you could ask questions to the superiors to complete the tasks on the call. With time, you would get used to things when taking calls. My co-workers were cool too. I had much fun working with the people around me. For those who were working there for while were really helpful too. The felt free and comfortable to help and give advice at anytime for calls. The hardest part of the job was my first two weeks when I had to learn how to complete a call with all the policies given in the formation. The most enjoyable thing was when I was completing calls from difficult customers. Nothing better than ending a 30min conversation with an angry customer, the right way!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Fun and friendly place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 September 2016
A good place to work which helps personal development e.g it improves verbal communication.
Management is very easy to work with and also very understanding. Hardest part of the job was dealing with impatient and rude customers.
Overall it was a good learning experience and I was able to make some very good friends in the process.
serious and sociable
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 October 2016
Serious, hardworking, reliable, responsible, punctual,
loyal, sociable, easy to talk to, motivated, patient, ability to
adapt schedule according to priorities, ability to manage
several projects at once, strong ability to take initiative and
work under pressure, dynamic and outgoing personality,
good oral and writing skills, like to work in a team
environment, capable in undertaking tasks on my own,
always willing and fast learner, creative and keeps in
touch with new additions to the industry, excellent
communicator both in English and French, talent for
identifying customer needs, demonstrated ability to gain
customer trust and provide exceptional follow-up, leading
to increased repeat and referral business, expertise in
resolving escalated customer service issues, concerned
with quality, able to get along well with co-workers,
positive attitude and optimistic with a pleasant personality
Good place for first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 November 2016
It's easy to get hired even with no work experience. The people are great, but the way it's run not so much. Promotions are done by affinity rather than merit which often leads to frustrations amongst the agents.
Call center and working for fido
customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB15 April 2016
Atelka is a call center with a few management issues. Long hours and no value for its emplyees.
Atelka is a fido phone company. Fido is a fine company.
Cons
productivity and good working place
Agente téléconseiller (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 October 2016
The management is ok
The tools given by Rogers is quite difficult many of my colleagues have already left.
...........................................
Pros
lunch
Cons
loong hours
Not good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON3 August 2016
Management makes it as easy as possible for the donks and hard for people trying to do well. That is all. This is more than 20 words.
Nice people but could be more loose
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 May 2016
There was a bit of drama and this call center is very strict. The training was a bit rushy. I applied for day shift and they put me on night so I could not stay long because I am a mother with no help. You need to wait 3 months to apply for day. But otherwise the people were friendly. Salary was great!
The job duties are not that bad, but they make it impossible to enjoy it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON19 April 2016
Every day things change... there is not set schedule and they do not inform you enough in advance of your next schedule. They don't take incident reports seriously enough.

The job itself isnt too bad for 12.00 / hour and benefits. but they deduct bathroom time, and any time your no on a call so when you think you work 8 hours you really only getting paid for like 7.15 hours
Pros
benefit
Cons
hours, schedules
Productive and busy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON8 November 2016
While working at Atelka we were provided with the knowledge required to do the majority of the job. Some of the training environments didn't work so made the on the floor experience somewhat frustrating. It was nice making more than minimum wage but the hours were not flexible whatsoever.
Pros
more than minimum wage
Cons
Non flexible hours
Fun place to work for a short term
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON27 June 2016
Fun place to work for a short term. Decent pay but improper timings. Great management. Good start to gain a Canadian experience.
Great Colleagues
Conseiller service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 June 2016
The colleagues are greate but there is a great management problem within the company and I think is the main reason of the personal turnover
Scam for people just arrived in the country
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 October 2016
Great experience to test your patience. Supervisor are rude and don't expect help from them it will never appened.You have a kid don't go there you'll never be there for them because of your schedule. No benefit and no respect for the employee's.
Very motivating and there is room for creativity.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 May 2016
I liked working for this company because the bosses were very supportive, accessible and open to suggestions that were constructive.
Pros
Learnt a lot of marketing
Cons
Not in line with what I was aspiring to do as a career
Positive Upbeat place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 July 2016
The place is positive and upbeat to work at and has very friendly staff. There is also plenty of potential and opportunity for growth and moving up within the company.
Pros
Friendly Colleges
Cons
Lack of Knowledge Training
Productive and fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 October 2015
I worked with Atelka assisting customers on behalf of Rogers wireless. Every day i would come in and log in to my station and assist customer with their issues such as, billing, issues with their device (phones), or the on-line site along with making sales at the end of every conversation.

I learned all the basics in the company about customer service and sales, being able to assist an irate customer and assist him until the issue was resolved without having to escalate the customer to a manager, and also to make sales like new accounts or new devices.

The environment was great, all the co-workers were friendly at all times including the managers on the floor which were a huge help in case any issue appeared with a customer or a customer´s account.

The hardest part about the job was the workload and the equipment we used, we were a customer service team but as time passed the company shut down many of the other department and passed their work to us and did not raise the pay for the position even though the workload was 3 times higher than when we started. The computer we used were outdated and often froze in the middle of a conversation with the customer, this did not help with the work we had to do on a daily basis.

The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in every day to a great environment with the co-workers, everyone helped each other when needed.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Old equipment

2.8