Atelka Employee Review

Only under absolute desperation
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Fredericton22 March 2013
I have not read all the negative complaints but without even reading them, you can garuntee what they are saying is right. The positive reviews are highly unlikely. Problems will start from hr when you start. The majority of the information are lies to get you in. They don't tell you so much (many people were not even given interviews and just told to show up at a certain time for training and had no idea what had happened). After that you are out through a mind numbing training in which the trainers will tell you most of what you learn is worthless because you will learn everything on the floor. I won't go into details about everything wrong with this company because I could literally write a book. What I will say is management is disorganized and poor quality. Rules change on a daily basis and something you do on one day a supervisor is fine with and could get you fired from another supervisor on another day. You have to be there a minimum of 15 minutes unpaid before your shift and some times asked to stay late for unpaid coaching. Computer problems cause numerous pay issues that you need to constantly keep track of (but with no paper or way of recording your times allowed on the floor, you end up losing hours per pay). If you do make requests, don't expect them to be looked into (especially if your problem is an hr problem because I am sure the only thing she is paid for is bringing in new people through the atelka revolving door). Bad company. Terrible policies. Lazy management.
Pros
it pays most of what you worked, some times
Cons
everything else.

Other Atelka Employee Reviews

An average job but difficult for those without the right mindset
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 November 2017
Due to Atelka in Sarnia being bought by another company at the time i started, the rules and regulations are always in flux. The job isnt difficult but it can be very frustrating and stress inducing. You are on the phones for 8 hours a day usually dealing with very angry customers that you want to help but are unable to in many situations. Some of the expectations of the employer is unrealistic and many of the perks are not explained or easy to understand. Because of this many agents do not last very long and those that do stay ultimately do not enjoy their jobs. System issues are a constant threat, Changes in plans and deals cause confusion, and sometimes you are stonewalled when trying to find solutions to problems.

However, the pay is good, you get commission on sales as well, and the job does have benefits and even employee discounts. you get 2 weeks paid vacation per year (Though you have to have worked and entire year to recieve pay for them) And if you want full time it is always available

You cannot get part time unless you are a student, and the hours are not flexible at all. you get what they put you on, whether it works for you or not. Trading shifts is a nightmare and the scheduling system is terrible.

Over all, if you can deal with the negatives, the perks are worth it.
Drama
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB9 November 2017
I personally I did not enjoy my time at Atelka due to the the drama that followed me back home. Even if I tried not to make it my business somehow it became my business.
Pros
Great work