Atelka Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
The job duties are not that bad, but they make it impossible to enjoy it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 19, 2016
Pros: benefit
Cons: hours, schedules
Every day things change... there is not set schedule and they do not inform you enough in advance of your next schedule. They don't take incident reports seriously enough.

The job itself isnt too bad for 12.00 / hour and benefits. but they deduct bathroom time, and any time your no on a call so when you think you work 8 hours you really only getting paid for like 7.15 hours
Call center and working for fido
customer service agent (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBApril 15, 2016
Cons: long hours
Atelka is a call center with a few management issues. Long hours and no value for its emplyees.
Atelka is a fido phone company. Fido is a fine company.
espace de travail agréable ,beau bureau
Agente service à la clientèle(centre d'appel) (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 5, 2016
Apres une journée de travail , j'améliore mes compétences d'agent de service à la clientèle.
Le client demeure une priorité et je mets tous mes efforts pour le satisfaire.
le point le plus fort est notre esprit d'équipe, les challenges pour les ventes . mes collègues sont très professionnels ,entre agent on s'assure de toujours fournir le meilleur service et de répondre avec courtoisie et empathie au client.
Atelka
Customer Service (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONApril 2, 2016
Working at Atelka is just like any normal job for me, I'm just not a fan of the hours 3-12 2-10. and it takes a long time working there to be able to get your hours changed, and it just sucks being a single parent of a child under 1. Hardest part about working there is when you get those customers call in who are right furious about their bill or service with another agent and you get it taken out on you and you have to calm down the customer and help them with their issues.
Not for everyone
Customer service agent (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 30, 2016
very high stress job, definitely not for everyone. i got along well with a group at work and coming in definitely easier. you really have to have a support system there.
Great group, hours are a little rough though
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Charlottetown, PEMarch 29, 2016
Pros: Team always helpful even in odd situations, lots of celebratory stuff going on in building
Cons: late nights but if your a night person than this is great for you
I actually enjoy working here. I do chat instead of phones but my Team Managers back me up on everything. The hours are a little hard, 5P.M to 1.A.M, but I am slowly getting use to it (I'm more of a morning person XD). My team really promotes the "If you don't know, just ask your team." I can't say for the phone team since I was only there for about a month but I can say for chat that it is a hardworking but enjoyable day arguing with customers XD
It was a great experience working at Atelka as a Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 7, 2016
Worked as a Customer Service Representative (Part-Time), Provided effective solution to the customers by understanding their needs. Co-Workers along with the Team Leader have been such a great help.
Communication
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 4, 2016
Pros: Paid break
This job improves my communication skills and helps how to deal with customers. I'm putting my life into it for bringing more production for the company.
Not bad
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 4, 2016
if a call centre is your thing than its not bad. The shifting could be better. The shift are not consistant they change from week to week.
Very engaging and highly motivational environment
Loyalty specialist agent (Current Employee), 1000 ST ANTOINE WEST, MONTREALFebruary 12, 2016
My day is usually characterized by meeting up with customer needs through the phone with the help of floor support by my supervisors and team leaders. The environment is very motivating
computation in work place.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Quebec City, QCJanuary 31, 2016
i learned a lot about how to deal with customers all over the phone.
all the employs and managers were very helpful .
Management were very good in supporting employs .
all the employs were very helpful and the managers as well.
Geat place to be
Customer service Agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: Lots of overtime
Cons: none
Great people to work with, always was a blast and pleasure to be at work, made amazing friends and great benefits best part of the job was the helping out the customers
Just good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 22, 2015
the Management was nonchalant about the warfare of its workers. My team lead was good and gave me the encouragement to continue to work. It was not easy to get parking but by metro it was very accessible.
To many cheifs
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecNovember 29, 2015
Pros: Good place to work at if you are in high school
Cons: Should be kept as a temporary job
Other than the error in pays and senior agents either getting some of their hours slashed or be given the schedules and hours of work that the new agents should of gotten. What is told to you during the interview is all false.
Supportive Team Leaders
Rogers Wireless Chat Agent (Full-Time) (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 9, 2015
Pros: Promotional gift items from Rogers
Cons: Graveyard shifts and low pay
Fun work environment, friendly workmates and supportive managers. Flexible shift trades based on availabilities. E-learning thru fastracks and applications supports.
Productive and fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 25, 2015
Pros: Great Management
Cons: Old equipment
I worked with Atelka assisting customers on behalf of Rogers wireless. Every day i would come in and log in to my station and assist customer with their issues such as, billing, issues with their device (phones), or the on-line site along with making sales at the end of every conversation.

I learned all the basics in the company about customer service and sales, being able to assist an irate customer and assist him until the issue was resolved without having to escalate the customer to a manager, and also to make sales like new accounts or new devices.

The environment was great, all the co-workers were friendly at all times including the managers on the floor which were a huge help in case any issue appeared with a customer or a customer´s account.

The hardest part about the job was the workload and the equipment we used, we were a customer service team but as time passed the company shut down many of the other department and passed their work to us and did not raise the pay for the position even though the workload was 3 times higher than when we started. The computer we used were outdated and often froze in the middle of a conversation with the customer, this did not help with the work we had to do on a daily basis.

The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in every day to a great environment with the co-workers, everyone helped each other when needed.
Customer service representative
Customer Service representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 20, 2015
Responding to customers inquiries , solve customers issues with their bills, services , management was on point, most of co-workers remained my friends
Just a joe job
Client Service Agent (Former Employee), Sarnia OntOctober 13, 2015
Lots of phone time, not for everyone. Overall not a bad place for a filler job, not a carer job. Communication could use inprovement. Lots of good people there.
Loyalty Agent
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONSeptember 23, 2015
I work for an inbound call center. I love everything that my job requires of me. I don't mind working over a headset. I am very good at setting goals and attaining these personnel set goals. My job everyday is different as with inbound calls, every call is very different from the last. I get along with my coworkers, without usual job office conflicts. I come into work, log into my systems. Take calls as they come in. Deal with whatever that call requires of you at that time. The goal is to get the caller to hangup feeling a, "thank you", you have answers all my questions.
Great Coworkers, Awful Management
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Montreal, QCAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere
Cons: Abysmal scheduling
Here you'll meet some really nice and cool people who won't hesitate to help you if you have questions. They really show me what team spirit means.
The job itself is challenging and you can learn something new everyday.
However, the management is pretty awful. We hardly feel appreciated. Staff turnover is extremely high. The team leaders are cool, but the higher-ups don't really care about us.
The training isn't particularly helpful due to the lack of support from the client company. We didn't have access to one of the most important tools until we actually got on the floor. We all learned on the fly. We had to.
The worst aspect is the schedule. When we were hired, we were told that at least we would have either Saturday or Sunday off every week. LIES. Never had a weekend off during the months on the floor. They were supposed to put up our schedules two weeks in advance. In reality, they are only able to post our schedules on time maybe half of the times. And they'll change your schedule last minute without notifying you, and expect you to follow the new one. Even if the schedules stay unchanged, you most likely won't have two days off in a row and you won't have the same days off every week. Shift trades are possible, but for some reason it takes them forever to complete, whereas I've seen it done in 10 minutes if you push a little. Proves that management is lazy and doesn't really care.
Decent place to get some money to pay the bills. Not for long term work.