Atelka

Atelka Employee Reviews

Only under absolute desperation
Customer service (Former Employee) –  FrederictonMarch 22, 2013
I have not read all the negative complaints but without even reading them, you can garuntee what they are saying is right. The positive reviews are highly unlikely. Problems will start from hr when you start. The majority of the information are lies to get you in. They don't tell you so much (many people were not even given interviews and just told to show up at a certain time for training and had no idea what had happened). After that you are out through a mind numbing training in which the trainers will tell you most of what you learn is worthless because you will learn everything on the floor. I won't go into details about everything wrong with this company because I could literally write a book. What I will say is management is disorganized and poor quality. Rules change on a daily basis and something you do on one day a supervisor is fine with and could get you fired from another supervisor on another day. You have to be there a minimum of 15 minutes unpaid before your shift and some times asked to stay late for unpaid coaching. Computer problems cause numerous pay issues that you need to constantly keep track of (but with no paper or way of recording your times allowed on the floor, you end up losing hours per pay). If you do make requests, don't expect them to be looked into (especially if your problem is an hr problem because I am sure the only thing she is paid for is bringing in new people through the atelka revolving door). Bad company. Terrible policies. Lazy management.
Pros
it pays most of what you worked, some times
Cons
everything else.
Great Coworkers, Awful Management
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QCAugust 31, 2015
Here you'll meet some really nice and cool people who won't hesitate to help you if you have questions. They really show me what team spirit means.
The job itself is challenging and you can learn something new everyday.
However, the management is pretty awful. We hardly feel appreciated. Staff turnover is extremely high. The team leaders are cool, but the higher-ups don't really care about us.
The training isn't particularly helpful due to the lack of support from the client company. We didn't have access to one of the most important tools until we actually got on the floor. We all learned on the fly. We had to.
The worst aspect is the schedule. When we were hired, we were told that at least we would have either Saturday or Sunday off every week. LIES. Never had a weekend off during the months on the floor. They were supposed to put up our schedules two weeks in advance. In reality, they are only able to post our schedules on time maybe half of the times. And they'll change your schedule last minute without notifying you, and expect you to follow the new one. Even if the schedules stay unchanged, you most likely won't have two days off in a row and you won't have the same days off every week. Shift trades are possible, but for some reason it takes them forever to complete, whereas I've seen it done in 10 minutes if you push a little. Proves that management is lazy and doesn't really care.
Decent place to get some money to pay the bills. Not for long term work.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Abysmal scheduling
Productive and fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 25, 2015
I worked with Atelka assisting customers on behalf of Rogers wireless. Every day i would come in and log in to my station and assist customer with their issues such as, billing, issues with their device (phones), or the on-line site along with making sales at the end of every conversation.

I learned all the basics in the company about customer service and sales, being able to assist an irate customer and assist him until the issue was resolved without having to escalate the customer to a manager, and also to make sales like new accounts or new devices.

The environment was great, all the co-workers were friendly at all times including the managers on the floor which were a huge help in case any issue appeared with a customer or a customer´s account.

The hardest part about the job was the workload and the equipment we used, we were a customer service team but as time passed the company shut down many of the other department and passed their work to us and did not raise the pay for the position even though the workload was 3 times higher than when we started. The computer we used were outdated and often froze in the middle of a conversation with the customer, this did not help with the work we had to do on a daily basis.

The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in every day to a great environment with the co-workers, everyone helped each other when needed.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Old equipment
The most enjoyable part of my job.
Technical support Bell, montreal (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 10, 2012
Working for this company made to understand how others feel if i were put in their shoes. One of the thing that i like there was the training on how to control and shoe empathy towards others situations.
I had to take a supervisor call for this client who was very frustrated because his home phone wasn't working and he had his mother's life line connected to it.He called many times the technicians showed up but didn't resolve the issue. He needed his phone so badly because the hospital called to monitor her heart condition since she was at risk and he was out of the country to monitor her. He got frustrated because he couldn't reach and she either didn't have a way to reach her son. so i had to take the insults from him and kept my calm, showed empathy and calmed him down and taking the situation in my hands. i did make sure a technician went there repaired the line and he finally got the services he pays for . At the end everyone was happy
I gave the client good services and he finally could talk to his mom and all was fine.
Pros
my colleagues
Cons
agents who had a hard time understand simply instructions
Good hours, secure place to work
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEAugust 3, 2012
A typical day at work would involve coming in 15-30 minutes early to make sure I had a computer and got logged in on time. Then I would plug in my headset and take technical support calls in 2 hour intervals for about 8-10 hours a day. The management was run by a company in Ontario which was then running through the internet provider in the USA, so things were a little unclear and unorganized. It was difficult to get anything looked at in time, if at all, and the training was not very effective either. These problems made adapting to the job very difficult for the first couple of weeks but eventually you got the hang of it. The most difficult part was the initial few weeks, and the irate customers, as we were tech support so when people got angry we couldnt really do much and had to try to fix their problem or send them to customer service, or a supervisor if they asked. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many different types of people over the phone.
Pros
2 breaks 15 minutes each paid, then an unpaid lunch 30 minutes.
Cons
poor atmosphere
n/a
Technical Inbound Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 12, 2015
I have gained from a number of employments many skills that
will make me an asset to any organization. My experience as an information system analyst linked with my bachelor’s degrees in Applied and Actuarial Mathematics, and the successful completion of two SOA exams (P and FM) will provide all the necessary qualifications for my job as actuary.
I developed a wide range of skills that will be useful . They gave me the opportunity to strengthen my interpersonal and organizational skills and time management. I also have experience in working effectively under pressure.
• I am hard working and highly motivated
• I enjoy acquiring new skills, problem solving and I am a fast learner
• I am an excellent multitasker, with excellent organizational and a great time management skills
• I have developed the ability to communicate complex solutions and ideas in simple terms that most
Unnecessary amount of strictness
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMay 21, 2014
Over-all, a decent place to work. Employees were very friendly, Managers (mostly) knew what they were doing. I felt it went a little over the top with the policies regarding personal items. No hats or mittens at the desks, no coats on the chairs, no bags (grocery bags, back packs, etc) near, or under desks. And with no large space to place said items (very small lockers) It could make it a bit of a challenge to have any privacy, as some items needed to be left out. Great deal of the computers were recycled, and as such, programs that were a necessity to doing the job, did not always work, or would crash out in the middle of helping a customer. With a limited amount of computers, it meant you would need to get there about 30-45 minutes early, to find a computer some-days.
Pros
friendly environment, helpful staff.
Cons
long unsteady work hours, bad computers.
Absolutely awful
Former CSR (Former Employee) –  New BrunswickJanuary 29, 2013
Worked at atelka for almost 3 years, typical week is showing up at work early about 20 minutes (unpaid), computer systems crashing at least two to three times a week and you always had to keep track of your time because if the system crashed they couldnt tell who was there and who wasnt half the time, lack of communication between supervisors-one supervisor would tell you the procedure for one thing and you would do it that way and then another supervisor would tell you it was wrong, do the right things would be sent from other dpts and supervisors would accept them without investigating or listening to the call to see if it was justified or not, no leniency if you had dr appointments etc..i would never work for them again as a matter of fact my meds kept getting raised and finally my dr put me off work for them and i got unemployment..
Cons
a lot
Very busy environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 10, 2015
I would start off my day by answering calls, I had to handle customers with bills questions to inquiring on new services. Even giving credits and disconnecting services. I learned how to deal with different people and their emotions and how t eliminate a situation before it escalated and still keep a friendly manner! The management was on a only if you have questions basis, so we didn't not communicate unless we were having a team meeting. Everyone around were busy taking calls all day so there would barely be time to communicate with co workers, I did enjoy help customers with their issues a happy customer makes a happy day!! The hardest part was the calls never stopped
Pros
able to help with problems, provided more customer service skills
Cons
the angry customers
Very boring and stressful. Management not very understanding.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJune 25, 2013
I would go to work sit at a computer, if i could find one that worked. Get my systems loaded which would take 10-20 min. Then i would start taking calls.

I learned a lot about cell phone and how to do tricks on computers.

Management is not very understanding, they do not trust what you say.

Co-workers are what get me through everyday.

The hardest part is that it is so stressful and ridiculous at times.

The most enjoyable part is satisfying customers and making their day for going that extra step for them.
Pros
full time work, friendly co-workers.
Cons
very long hours, late/early morning. only 30 min break for a 9 hour shift. they do not pay you properly.
No, no, and again no...
Technical Support / Senior Escalations CSR (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJanuary 7, 2013
I would never work for a company such as this one ever again. The management was extremely poor, employees were not properly trained, tested or screened, and around 90% of them had no knowledge in the area they were hired for, and had no clue as to what to do for the first few months of taking calls. There was not enough senior support for the new hires. The staff turnover rate was unlike anything I have ever witnessed. In order to get promoted you had to be "in" with the operations manager, among other people. Basically you were treated as a number, and nothing more. I could go on, but I digress. The site I worked in closed. It was a blessing in disguise.
Cons
everything about it.
Not the greatest place
Customer service Representative-Fido Solutions (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMarch 4, 2015
I worked here as a last resort. The only saving grace is that the people you work with (meaning the other people on the phones) were normally really great. You had to fight for time off and this was only possible if your team leader cared about you (I was lucky enough that mine did). The company dose not care about you at all. I was constantly shorted on pay because the systems that we were using also tracked how many hours you worked, and they would constantly crash. A lot of the people that would get promoted would look down on you. Granted this was all a few years ago and may have changed since. I really hope it has anyway.
Nice building
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, OntarioSeptember 30, 2015
I have worked for the company almost 2 yrs ago. The management was not supportive unless you were part of the group. I personally had great reviews with customer service but the management tried their hardest for me to leave the company.

I learned to deal with customers in all aspects and found out that I do have Excellent Customer Service. Some of my co-workers I got along with.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to help the customers.

Working for Atelka was not a fun work place and the management was certainly not supportive.
Pros
My schedule was very good... No weekends!!!
Cons
N/A
Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 12, 2013
A typical day was to first look for an available desk where you would be working till the end of your shift.Making sure that everything is plugged and all applications have been started .The co-workers were very friendly and most of them were professionals before working there.There never used to be any conflict of decision between the employer and empoyee.The hardest part of the job was to keep the customer from leaving to a different provider.The most enjoyable moments of the job was that you never had to do repetive things everyday,everyday is like a new day
If I could rate any lower, I would
Technical Support agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 14, 2014
This was absolutely the worst company I have ever worked for. The temperature in the office was hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

The training and experience was proprietary and not very useful in a transferrable sense.

I made the mistake of taking the job as an entry, point but was too burned out from the high pressure to ever look for another job. They nickel and dime and make you pay for company bbqs or the christmas party.

There's got to be a better place to work, keep on looking folks.
Pros
downtown location
Cons
high pressure, poor renumeration
Loyalty Agent
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONSeptember 23, 2015
I work for an inbound call center. I love everything that my job requires of me. I don't mind working over a headset. I am very good at setting goals and attaining these personnel set goals. My job everyday is different as with inbound calls, every call is very different from the last. I get along with my coworkers, without usual job office conflicts. I come into work, log into my systems. Take calls as they come in. Deal with whatever that call requires of you at that time. The goal is to get the caller to hangup feeling a, "thank you", you have answers all my questions.
customer service representetive (Former Employee) –  montreal QCJuly 3, 2015
My typical day at work would be spending time on the phone solving customers problems ,etc

I learned to multi tusk and ins and out of computer developed strong communication skills
I created a strong friendships with everyone I worked with I get along with everyone from management to co-workers and cleaners everyone knows me
The hardest part of my job is when there is not enough ours

Flexible time schedule as a parent my company always made sure to fit me on the schedule that will allow me to be on time at work and to care for my kid
Cons
Good working environment and opportunities to develop communication, marketing and problem solving skills
Représentant de service à la clientèle bilingue (Current Employee) –  montrealJuly 17, 2015
The fun part of the job is to help people to find a solution to the problem they are calling for. Also, there is possibility to work overtime almost every week.

The team leaders and the instructors are nice and great.

I have learned to improved my communication skill in both english and french. And to empathy and connecting emotionally with customers.
Decent stability but lack of support
Représentant bilingue du service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  MontrealFebruary 19, 2015
The work environment was hectic (which is fine), but it was coupled with a total lack of support from the management. The salary was horrible and there was seemingly no opportunities for advancement. The company is also known for having a very high employee turnover, and is often seen by some graduate as the last resort when jobless.
Pros
no sales objectives
Cons
total lack of support, low salary, demotivating
Productive and Professional Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONAugust 11, 2014
Working at Atelka was a great experience for me. I was able to move up quickly. The people I work with and for are fantastic and very understanding. The hardest part of my job is making sure I satisfy all clients. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to different people every day and making their lives a little bit easier.
Pros
working on the computer
Cons
salary