Atelka Employee Reviews in Canada

Good co-workers, terrible HR and hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJuly 12, 2016
HR is deceitful to people to get as many through the training as possible.
When you have child care issues, or health issues that prevent you from working certain hours, and you are told during training you will be getting the hours you asked about, only to find out after training, you are stuck working late/bad hours, or nights!
Any time you take to go to lunch, or bathroom are deducted. Any time you are not on a call is deducted.
You are not allowed any personal items, to personalize your work space. Supervisors are allowed all sort of things on their desks!
The actual work is not bad at all. When you have family/work balance issues which aren't taken into consideration, plus lack of personalizing your desk space, it makes for a unhappy work environment!
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Work/home balance issues, lack of humanization of workspace.
Productive and fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 25, 2015
I worked with Atelka assisting customers on behalf of Rogers wireless. Every day i would come in and log in to my station and assist customer with their issues such as, billing, issues with their device (phones), or the on-line site along with making sales at the end of every conversation.

I learned all the basics in the company about customer service and sales, being able to assist an irate customer and assist him until the issue was resolved without having to escalate the customer to a manager, and also to make sales like new accounts or new devices.

The environment was great, all the co-workers were friendly at all times including the managers on the floor which were a huge help in case any issue appeared with a customer or a customer´s account.

The hardest part about the job was the workload and the equipment we used, we were a customer service team but as time passed the company shut down many of the other department and passed their work to us and did not raise the pay for the position even though the workload was 3 times higher than when we started. The computer we used were outdated and often froze in the middle of a conversation with the customer, this did not help with the work we had to do on a daily basis.

The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in every day to a great environment with the co-workers, everyone helped each other when needed.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Old equipment
Great group, hours are a little rough though
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEMarch 29, 2016
I actually enjoy working here. I do chat instead of phones but my Team Managers back me up on everything. The hours are a little hard, 5P.M to 1.A.M, but I am slowly getting use to it (I'm more of a morning person XD). My team really promotes the "If you don't know, just ask your team." I can't say for the phone team since I was only there for about a month but I can say for chat that it is a hardworking but enjoyable day arguing with customers XD
Pros
Team always helpful even in odd situations, lots of celebratory stuff going on in building
Cons
late nights but if your a night person than this is great for you
Adaption on a daily basis
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJune 14, 2016
This company is a fun place to work, while developing your skills both personally and professionally.

Management team is one of a kind! Professional, helpful, FUN and is willing to make the company number 1!

They value their management team and spend the time to help you adapt and strive for you top use your full professional potential.

Great company to work for. Would definitely go back if they moved out west.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Long Hours
Description of working for Atelka
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 27, 2016
Atelka was a good calling center. It gives someone without experience apply to every detail of doing a good job no matter what you are doing as a job. I learned a few important things that I would take for the rest of my life. When receiving calls, I learned that you have to be enthusiastic and develop a certain relationship between you and the caller. When a customer calls, he has to feel like we're taking good care of him/her. It showed me that it has to be the same for any other type of job. The management was pretty cool too! Whenever you needed help to finish a call, you could ask questions to the superiors to complete the tasks on the call. With time, you would get used to things when taking calls. My co-workers were cool too. I had much fun working with the people around me. For those who were working there for while were really helpful too. The felt free and comfortable to help and give advice at anytime for calls. The hardest part of the job was my first two weeks when I had to learn how to complete a call with all the policies given in the formation. The most enjoyable thing was when I was completing calls from difficult customers. Nothing better than ending a 30min conversation with an angry customer, the right way!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
The job duties are not that bad, but they make it impossible to enjoy it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONApril 19, 2016
Every day things change... there is not set schedule and they do not inform you enough in advance of your next schedule. They don't take incident reports seriously enough.

The job itself isnt too bad for 12.00 / hour and benefits. but they deduct bathroom time, and any time your no on a call so when you think you work 8 hours you really only getting paid for like 7.15 hours
Pros
benefit
Cons
hours, schedules
Geat place to be
Customer service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 26, 2016
Great people to work with, always was a blast and pleasure to be at work, made amazing friends and great benefits best part of the job was the helping out the customers
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
computation in work place.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QCJanuary 31, 2016
i learned a lot about how to deal with customers all over the phone.
all the employs and managers were very helpful .
Management were very good in supporting employs .
all the employs were very helpful and the managers as well.
espace de travail agréable ,beau bureau
Agente service à la clientèle(centre d'appel) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 5, 2016
Apres une journée de travail , j'améliore mes compétences d'agent de service à la clientèle.
Le client demeure une priorité et je mets tous mes efforts pour le satisfaire.
le point le plus fort est notre esprit d'équipe, les challenges pour les ventes . mes collègues sont très professionnels ,entre agent on s'assure de toujours fournir le meilleur service et de répondre avec courtoisie et empathie au client.
Atelka
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONApril 2, 2016
Working at Atelka is just like any normal job for me, I'm just not a fan of the hours 3-12 2-10. and it takes a long time working there to be able to get your hours changed, and it just sucks being a single parent of a child under 1. Hardest part about working there is when you get those customers call in who are right furious about their bill or service with another agent and you get it taken out on you and you have to calm down the customer and help them with their issues.
Nice people but could be more loose
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 30, 2016
There was a bit of drama and this call center is very strict. The training was a bit rushy. I applied for day shift and they put me on night so I could not stay long because I am a mother with no help. You need to wait 3 months to apply for day. But otherwise the people were friendly. Salary was great!
Good to gain experience
Corporate Trainer, Rogers wireless campaigns (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 27, 2016
This is the nature of third party call centers, the benefits and salary is really low. However there is always room to advance in your career. Atelka offers you the opportunity of experiencing.
Pros
Advancement opportunity
Cons
Low Salary
Positive Upbeat place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJuly 27, 2016
The place is positive and upbeat to work at and has very friendly staff. There is also plenty of potential and opportunity for growth and moving up within the company.
Pros
Friendly Colleges
Cons
Lack of Knowledge Training
Very motivating and there is room for creativity.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 1, 2016
I liked working for this company because the bosses were very supportive, accessible and open to suggestions that were constructive.
Pros
Learnt a lot of marketing
Cons
Not in line with what I was aspiring to do as a career
Great learning experience
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 1, 2016
The learning experience at atelka was amazing. Even to this day im still using the skills i leaned at this job. The skills spread out ion a lot of areas.
Great place to grow!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONAugust 15, 2016
I love my job at Atelka, there is lots of room for growth which I love! Also a great managerial team to work with! Great environment I've learned a lot in my time here!
Not Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJuly 11, 2016
Was a very stressful environment. Trainers did not seem very well informed. Needs more hands on training. Needs training to be better organized.
Fun place to work for a short term
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJune 27, 2016
Fun place to work for a short term. Decent pay but improper timings. Great management. Good start to gain a Canadian experience.
Great Colleagues
Conseiller service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 19, 2016
The colleagues are greate but there is a great management problem within the company and I think is the main reason of the personal turnover
Aweful company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJune 3, 2016
I have not experienced so much stress and feeling of unwanted or respect in my entire time of working. I highly suggest you stay far away 😑