Atelka Employee Reviews

Fun and friendly place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBSeptember 5, 2016
A good place to work which helps personal development e.g it improves verbal communication.
Management is very easy to work with and also very understanding. Hardest part of the job was dealing with impatient and rude customers.
Overall it was a good learning experience and I was able to make some very good friends in the process.
Great place to grow!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONAugust 15, 2016
I love my job at Atelka, there is lots of room for growth which I love! Also a great managerial team to work with! Great environment I've learned a lot in my time here!
Not good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 3, 2016
Management makes it as easy as possible for the donks and hard for people trying to do well. That is all. This is more than 20 words.
Great learning experience
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 1, 2016
The learning experience at atelka was amazing. Even to this day im still using the skills i leaned at this job. The skills spread out ion a lot of areas.
Positive Upbeat place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJuly 27, 2016
The place is positive and upbeat to work at and has very friendly staff. There is also plenty of potential and opportunity for growth and moving up within the company.
Pros
Friendly Colleges
Cons
Lack of Knowledge Training
Good co-workers, terrible HR and hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJuly 12, 2016
HR is deceitful to people to get as many through the training as possible.
When you have child care issues, or health issues that prevent you from working certain hours, and you are told during training you will be getting the hours you asked about, only to find out after training, you are stuck working late/bad hours, or nights!
Any time you take to go to lunch, or bathroom are deducted. Any time you are not on a call is deducted.
You are not allowed any personal items, to personalize your work space. Supervisors are allowed all sort of things on their desks!
The actual work is not bad at all. When you have family/work balance issues which aren't taken into consideration, plus lack of personalizing your desk space, it makes for a unhappy work environment!
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Work/home balance issues, lack of humanization of workspace.
Not Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJuly 11, 2016
Was a very stressful environment. Trainers did not seem very well informed. Needs more hands on training. Needs training to be better organized.
Good to gain experience
Corporate Trainer, Rogers wireless campaigns (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 27, 2016
This is the nature of third party call centers, the benefits and salary is really low. However there is always room to advance in your career. Atelka offers you the opportunity of experiencing.
Pros
Advancement opportunity
Cons
Low Salary
Fun place to work for a short term
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJune 27, 2016
Fun place to work for a short term. Decent pay but improper timings. Great management. Good start to gain a Canadian experience.
worst place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 22, 2016
Atelka is a stressful place, they pay you nothing, they do not respect their employees.
they lay off people easily.
Great Colleagues
Conseiller service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 19, 2016
The colleagues are greate but there is a great management problem within the company and I think is the main reason of the personal turnover
Adaption on a daily basis
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJune 14, 2016
This company is a fun place to work, while developing your skills both personally and professionally.

Management team is one of a kind! Professional, helpful, FUN and is willing to make the company number 1!

They value their management team and spend the time to help you adapt and strive for you top use your full professional potential.

Great company to work for. Would definitely go back if they moved out west.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Long Hours
Overall not bad
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJune 8, 2016
The Canada Post component overall is okay, in the Cornwall location is new to the Canada Post so they are adjusting to managing the CP component.
taking calls all day
prepaid agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 3, 2016
atelka is a call center, I work in the prepaid department, answer calls all day. I don't like being on constant call, I prefer being in customer service face to face.
Aweful company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJune 3, 2016
I have not experienced so much stress and feeling of unwanted or respect in my entire time of working. I highly suggest you stay far away 😑
Cons
Nice people but could be more loose
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 30, 2016
There was a bit of drama and this call center is very strict. The training was a bit rushy. I applied for day shift and they put me on night so I could not stay long because I am a mother with no help. You need to wait 3 months to apply for day. But otherwise the people were friendly. Salary was great!
Description of working for Atelka
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 27, 2016
Atelka was a good calling center. It gives someone without experience apply to every detail of doing a good job no matter what you are doing as a job. I learned a few important things that I would take for the rest of my life. When receiving calls, I learned that you have to be enthusiastic and develop a certain relationship between you and the caller. When a customer calls, he has to feel like we're taking good care of him/her. It showed me that it has to be the same for any other type of job. The management was pretty cool too! Whenever you needed help to finish a call, you could ask questions to the superiors to complete the tasks on the call. With time, you would get used to things when taking calls. My co-workers were cool too. I had much fun working with the people around me. For those who were working there for while were really helpful too. The felt free and comfortable to help and give advice at anytime for calls. The hardest part of the job was my first two weeks when I had to learn how to complete a call with all the policies given in the formation. The most enjoyable thing was when I was completing calls from difficult customers. Nothing better than ending a 30min conversation with an angry customer, the right way!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Very motivating and there is room for creativity.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 1, 2016
I liked working for this company because the bosses were very supportive, accessible and open to suggestions that were constructive.
Pros
Learnt a lot of marketing
Cons
Not in line with what I was aspiring to do as a career
The job duties are not that bad, but they make it impossible to enjoy it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONApril 19, 2016
Every day things change... there is not set schedule and they do not inform you enough in advance of your next schedule. They don't take incident reports seriously enough.

The job itself isnt too bad for 12.00 / hour and benefits. but they deduct bathroom time, and any time your no on a call so when you think you work 8 hours you really only getting paid for like 7.15 hours
Pros
benefit
Cons
hours, schedules
Call center and working for fido
customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBApril 15, 2016
Atelka is a call center with a few management issues. Long hours and no value for its emplyees.
Atelka is a fido phone company. Fido is a fine company.