Atelka Employee Review

Good hours, bad job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE28 May 2014
Working customer service over the phone for a mobile company is just asking to be talked down to. Other then getting talked to very badly every shift it wasn't too bad for a temporary job.

Other Atelka Employee Reviews

An average job but difficult for those without the right mindset
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 November 2017
Due to Atelka in Sarnia being bought by another company at the time i started, the rules and regulations are always in flux. The job isnt difficult but it can be very frustrating and stress inducing. You are on the phones for 8 hours a day usually dealing with very angry customers that you want to help but are unable to in many situations. Some of the expectations of the employer is unrealistic and many of the perks are not explained or easy to understand. Because of this many agents do not last very long and those that do stay ultimately do not enjoy their jobs. System issues are a constant threat, Changes in plans and deals cause confusion, and sometimes you are stonewalled when trying to find solutions to problems.

However, the pay is good, you get commission on sales as well, and the job does have benefits and even employee discounts. you get 2 weeks paid vacation per year (Though you have to have worked and entire year to recieve pay for them) And if you want full time it is always available

You cannot get part time unless you are a student, and the hours are not flexible at all. you get what they put you on, whether it works for you or not. Trading shifts is a nightmare and the scheduling system is terrible.

Over all, if you can deal with the negatives, the perks are worth it.
Drama
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB9 November 2017
I personally I did not enjoy my time at Atelka due to the the drama that followed me back home. Even if I tried not to make it my business somehow it became my business.
Pros
Great work