Atelka Employee Reviews

An active place to work at and has a high demand enviroment
CSR-Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON12 January 2017
The office was nicely set up with lockers for long term use and day use. Bad experience overall. Wouldn't work for them again. I didn't like the way floor supervisors wouldn't take there roles respectfully and slacked at a lot of there general aspects which leads to unsatisfactory leadership for there peers. I wouldn't recommend this job unless stress is a good thing to you.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, Benifits Lack, Stressful Enviroment, Leaders couldn't lead or take there jobs seriously
don't do it!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (former) (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB14 December 2016
15$/hr isn't true. It's misdirection. Your base salary is 11$/hr (almost minimum wage) some people do get promoted but only if they like you. If they don't like you you're passed regardless of qualifications. The work itself is easy but the environment is hostile. There is a vast amount of deception and backstabbing between management and employees.
It's also populated with a gross amount of incompetence.

If despite all of this you do go for it. Don't get sick. The management is 0% flexible on real life issues.
Cons
bad pay, poor management, toxic
Toxic Management Team that leaks their stupidity into every corner of the organization
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON12 October 2016
The only good thing about this job is the other you people you work with; that does not include the administration and management. Management and administration at atelka is some of the most shady and underhanded i have seen anywhere...worst than walmart. Management does not work with people's schedule in anyway shape or form; the management team don their friends with special privileges and better shifts. People who deserve to be promoted do not get promoted, again, it is only the friends of management. When there is an error in scheduling, rather than trying to make it right, management says thats nice its your problem now. The best thing is when you were told something and then management and admin keep passing you around saying its not there responsibility then after a month they completely close ranks and pretend things were never said. The salary is substandard (lets be real its minimum wage). The shifts are rather long: ten and a half hours at times. There are predetermined breaks and they will schedule you to go for your break like an hour and a half and then make you wait 4 hours for lunch: ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. At the end of the day, companies use atelka so they can get cheap customer service work and not have to pay someone else an actually decent wage. Atelka is in the business of taking advantage of people and its sad but there is a market for that it would seem.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Good to gain experience
Corporate Trainer, Rogers wireless campaigns (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 June 2016
This is the nature of third party call centers, the benefits and salary is really low. However there is always room to advance in your career. Atelka offers you the opportunity of experiencing.
Pros
Advancement opportunity
Cons
Low Salary
No job security!!! Keep this in mind
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 January 2017
There is always recruitment going on. There is more presseure on you to get positive NPS score. But it's very hard to get positive NPS with giving credit to customer. If you don't get positive NPS for two moths you are fired that's for sure.
The NPS is not in your hand it depends on customer. My stats was awesome. I was always in top three team member list. But they don't appreciate it.

Very very rude people sitting in the power position. Team leaders are great.

Again no Job Securtiy here !!!!!
Pros
Great team leaders
Cons
No Job Security, rude people have power
Nice people but could be more loose
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 May 2016
There was a bit of drama and this call center is very strict. The training was a bit rushy. I applied for day shift and they put me on night so I could not stay long because I am a mother with no help. You need to wait 3 months to apply for day. But otherwise the people were friendly. Salary was great!
The job duties are not that bad, but they make it impossible to enjoy it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON19 April 2016
Every day things change... there is not set schedule and they do not inform you enough in advance of your next schedule. They don't take incident reports seriously enough.

The job itself isnt too bad for 12.00 / hour and benefits. but they deduct bathroom time, and any time your no on a call so when you think you work 8 hours you really only getting paid for like 7.15 hours
Pros
benefit
Cons
hours, schedules
Good Job
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON26 October 2016
I liked working at Atelka. Inc. The management was very goal oriented and supportive. I learnt a lot from my co-workers and also mentored new people, Such work environment is always good
Pros
Incentives, Free Pizza
Cons
Long Hours
Not good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON3 January 2017
The 'actual' job on the phones is good. The production manager and a few East Indian leads are fantastic people! They treat you like human beings.
Some of the people chosen for leads, training, and quality are immature, unprofessional, uneducated, disrespectful, and treat you less than a human. The quality leader has temper tantrums and has fits when she is pressured by work needing to be done. The trainer we had didn't know how to train people and was continually telling us his life problems (unprofessional). He also discriminated against many races.
There are also escorts working there.
They want you to be flexible, but they won't be flexible for you!
Pros
Customers
Cons
A lot
it is border-lining health regulations.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 December 2016
my personal experience with Atelka is ok as i enjoyed the work i did for them; the leadership didnt seem to be all that motivated to assist you when you need help. as for the health issue a employee had Mold from the ceiling fall into his mouth while on the job and was fired for saying he was going to report it.
Pros
the work is extreamly easy
Cons
they're not too helpful when you need it.
serious and sociable
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 October 2016
Serious, hardworking, reliable, responsible, punctual,
loyal, sociable, easy to talk to, motivated, patient, ability to
adapt schedule according to priorities, ability to manage
several projects at once, strong ability to take initiative and
work under pressure, dynamic and outgoing personality,
good oral and writing skills, like to work in a team
environment, capable in undertaking tasks on my own,
always willing and fast learner, creative and keeps in
touch with new additions to the industry, excellent
communicator both in English and French, talent for
identifying customer needs, demonstrated ability to gain
customer trust and provide exceptional follow-up, leading
to increased repeat and referral business, expertise in
resolving escalated customer service issues, concerned
with quality, able to get along well with co-workers,
positive attitude and optimistic with a pleasant personality
not so great
CSR/Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB21 December 2016
this company is horrible to work for computers never work you have to be to work half hour early everyday just to logg in...the staff are rude and constantly fight and argue on the floor and they absoutely hate to take supervisor calls....they posted its 15 a hour starting out but thats another lie..u start at 11 and depending on you statts on the floor you could make more but its not that easy beleive me.......and its not fido thats the problem its atelka in fredericton nb thats the problem
They do not honour your workplace rights.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON16 February 2017
Terrible management, never give you your shifts on time and if there is any reason to terminate they will claim its for attendance so they dont have to pay severance.
Expect you to know everything
Pros
Can sit on calls without managment noticing
Cons
They dont honour your workplace rights
Productive and busy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON8 November 2016
While working at Atelka we were provided with the knowledge required to do the majority of the job. Some of the training environments didn't work so made the on the floor experience somewhat frustrating. It was nice making more than minimum wage but the hours were not flexible whatsoever.
Pros
more than minimum wage
Cons
Non flexible hours
Would not recomend anyone to work hear
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 February 2017
Very poor management with little or no care for the assets that had sitting on the sales floor, I left because of poor management and they would disclose personal info to others on the sales floor from management
Pros
Cons
poor management
overall pretty good for a call centre
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON2 February 2017
about what you would expect from a call centre. management does not always communicate well with the floor or upper management. coworkers and customers were pretty good. everyone helps each other when needed.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
upper management
Adaption on a daily basis
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB14 June 2016
This company is a fun place to work, while developing your skills both personally and professionally.

Management team is one of a kind! Professional, helpful, FUN and is willing to make the company number 1!

They value their management team and spend the time to help you adapt and strive for you top use your full professional potential.

Great company to work for. Would definitely go back if they moved out west.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Long Hours
Good place for first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 November 2016
It's easy to get hired even with no work experience. The people are great, but the way it's run not so much. Promotions are done by affinity rather than merit which often leads to frustrations amongst the agents.
Description of working for Atelka
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 May 2016
Atelka was a good calling center. It gives someone without experience apply to every detail of doing a good job no matter what you are doing as a job. I learned a few important things that I would take for the rest of my life. When receiving calls, I learned that you have to be enthusiastic and develop a certain relationship between you and the caller. When a customer calls, he has to feel like we're taking good care of him/her. It showed me that it has to be the same for any other type of job. The management was pretty cool too! Whenever you needed help to finish a call, you could ask questions to the superiors to complete the tasks on the call. With time, you would get used to things when taking calls. My co-workers were cool too. I had much fun working with the people around me. For those who were working there for while were really helpful too. The felt free and comfortable to help and give advice at anytime for calls. The hardest part of the job was my first two weeks when I had to learn how to complete a call with all the policies given in the formation. The most enjoyable thing was when I was completing calls from difficult customers. Nothing better than ending a 30min conversation with an angry customer, the right way!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Fun and friendly place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 September 2016
A good place to work which helps personal development e.g it improves verbal communication.
Management is very easy to work with and also very understanding. Hardest part of the job was dealing with impatient and rude customers.
Overall it was a good learning experience and I was able to make some very good friends in the process.

2.8