Atelka Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 25, 2015
I worked with Atelka assisting customers on behalf of Rogers wireless. Every day i would come in and log in to my station and assist customer with their issues such as, billing, issues with their device (phones), or the on-line site along with making sales at the end of every conversation.

I learned all the basics in the company about customer service and sales, being able to assist an irate customer and assist him until the issue was resolved without having to escalate the customer to a manager, and also to make sales like new accounts or new devices.

The environment was great, all the co-workers were friendly at all times including the managers on the floor which were a huge help in case any issue appeared with a customer or a customer´s account.

The hardest part about the job was the workload and the equipment we used, we were a customer service team but as time passed the company shut down many of the other department and passed their work to us and did not raise the pay for the position even though the workload was 3 times higher than when we started. The computer we used were outdated and often froze in the middle of a conversation with the customer, this did not help with the work we had to do on a daily basis.

The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in every day to a great environment with the co-workers, everyone helped each other when needed.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Old equipment
Great group, hours are a little rough though
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEMarch 29, 2016
I actually enjoy working here. I do chat instead of phones but my Team Managers back me up on everything. The hours are a little hard, 5P.M to 1.A.M, but I am slowly getting use to it (I'm more of a morning person XD). My team really promotes the "If you don't know, just ask your team." I can't say for the phone team since I was only there for about a month but I can say for chat that it is a hardworking but enjoyable day arguing with customers XD
Pros
Team always helpful even in odd situations, lots of celebratory stuff going on in building
Cons
late nights but if your a night person than this is great for you
Geat place to be
Customer service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 26, 2016
Great people to work with, always was a blast and pleasure to be at work, made amazing friends and great benefits best part of the job was the helping out the customers
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
computation in work place.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QCJanuary 31, 2016
i learned a lot about how to deal with customers all over the phone.
all the employs and managers were very helpful .
Management were very good in supporting employs .
all the employs were very helpful and the managers as well.
The job duties are not that bad, but they make it impossible to enjoy it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONApril 19, 2016
Every day things change... there is not set schedule and they do not inform you enough in advance of your next schedule. They don't take incident reports seriously enough.

The job itself isnt too bad for 12.00 / hour and benefits. but they deduct bathroom time, and any time your no on a call so when you think you work 8 hours you really only getting paid for like 7.15 hours
Pros
benefit
Cons
hours, schedules
Adaption on a daily basis
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJune 14, 2016
This company is a fun place to work, while developing your skills both personally and professionally.

Management team is one of a kind! Professional, helpful, FUN and is willing to make the company number 1!

They value their management team and spend the time to help you adapt and strive for you top use your full professional potential.

Great company to work for. Would definitely go back if they moved out west.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Long Hours
espace de travail agréable ,beau bureau
Agente service à la clientèle(centre d'appel) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 5, 2016
Apres une journée de travail , j'améliore mes compétences d'agent de service à la clientèle.
Le client demeure une priorité et je mets tous mes efforts pour le satisfaire.
le point le plus fort est notre esprit d'équipe, les challenges pour les ventes . mes collègues sont très professionnels ,entre agent on s'assure de toujours fournir le meilleur service et de répondre avec courtoisie et empathie au client.
Atelka
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONApril 2, 2016
Working at Atelka is just like any normal job for me, I'm just not a fan of the hours 3-12 2-10. and it takes a long time working there to be able to get your hours changed, and it just sucks being a single parent of a child under 1. Hardest part about working there is when you get those customers call in who are right furious about their bill or service with another agent and you get it taken out on you and you have to calm down the customer and help them with their issues.
Description of working for Atelka
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 27, 2016
Atelka was a good calling center. It gives someone without experience apply to every detail of doing a good job no matter what you are doing as a job. I learned a few important things that I would take for the rest of my life. When receiving calls, I learned that you have to be enthusiastic and develop a certain relationship between you and the caller. When a customer calls, he has to feel like we're taking good care of him/her. It showed me that it has to be the same for any other type of job. The management was pretty cool too! Whenever you needed help to finish a call, you could ask questions to the superiors to complete the tasks on the call. With time, you would get used to things when taking calls. My co-workers were cool too. I had much fun working with the people around me. For those who were working there for while were really helpful too. The felt free and comfortable to help and give advice at anytime for calls. The hardest part of the job was my first two weeks when I had to learn how to complete a call with all the policies given in the formation. The most enjoyable thing was when I was completing calls from difficult customers. Nothing better than ending a 30min conversation with an angry customer, the right way!
Pros
Co-workers
Just good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 22, 2015
the Management was nonchalant about the warfare of its workers. My team lead was good and gave me the encouragement to continue to work. It was not easy to get parking but by metro it was very accessible.
Nice people but could be more loose
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 30, 2016
There was a bit of drama and this call center is very strict. The training was a bit rushy. I applied for day shift and they put me on night so I could not stay long because I am a mother with no help. You need to wait 3 months to apply for day. But otherwise the people were friendly. Salary was great!
Very motivating and there is room for creativity.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 1, 2016
I liked working for this company because the bosses were very supportive, accessible and open to suggestions that were constructive.
Pros
Learnt a lot of marketing
Cons
Not in line with what I was aspiring to do as a career
Supportive Team Leaders
Rogers Wireless Chat Agent (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 9, 2015
Fun work environment, friendly workmates and supportive managers. Flexible shift trades based on availabilities. E-learning thru fastracks and applications supports.
Pros
Promotional gift items from Rogers
Cons
Graveyard shifts and low pay
It was a great experience working at Atelka as a Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMarch 7, 2016
Worked as a Customer Service Representative (Part-Time), Provided effective solution to the customers by understanding their needs. Co-Workers along with the Team Leader have been such a great help.
Aweful company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJune 3, 2016
I have not experienced so much stress and feeling of unwanted or respect in my entire time of working. I highly suggest you stay far away 😑
Cons
Decent stability but lack of support
Représentant bilingue du service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  MontrealFebruary 19, 2015
The work environment was hectic (which is fine), but it was coupled with a total lack of support from the management. The salary was horrible and there was seemingly no opportunities for advancement. The company is also known for having a very high employee turnover, and is often seen by some graduate as the last resort when jobless.
Pros
no sales objectives
Cons
total lack of support, low salary, demotivating
Great Colleagues
Conseiller service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 19, 2016
The colleagues are greate but there is a great management problem within the company and I think is the main reason of the personal turnover
Fun place to work for a short term
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJune 27, 2016
Fun place to work for a short term. Decent pay but improper timings. Great management. Good start to gain a Canadian experience.
taking calls all day
prepaid agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 3, 2016
atelka is a call center, I work in the prepaid department, answer calls all day. I don't like being on constant call, I prefer being in customer service face to face.
Call center and working for fido
customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBApril 15, 2016
Atelka is a call center with a few management issues. Long hours and no value for its emplyees.
Atelka is a fido phone company. Fido is a fine company.