ATCO Structures and Logistics

ATCO Structures and Logistics Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast paced
Lodge Manager - K + S Legacy Site (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 12, 2015
Responsible for all Lodge Operations. An excellent company to work for.
Good place to work at
Senior Project Controls Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 14, 2014
Soul oil and gas market based company. If it has project its a good long day - management is cooperative, co-workers very good.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours when needed be
Good company to work for
Project Controls - Cost Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 13, 2014
Good learning experience with a comfortable work atmosphere. Some good managers that are easy to talk to but because of the companies age and size, change is hard to come by.
Standard
Administrative Duties (Former Employee) –  EdmontonNovember 25, 2014
Although i loved the staff the job itself was very tedeious and slow.
Short days seemed long. There was little room for growth in my contracted position and due to lack of business my position was laid off.
I would suggest this company for a seperate location as to the one i worked at.
Pros
great staff
Cons
out of town
Great group of people
FINANCE & ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 2, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working for ATCO Structures & Logistics. I made life long friends and learnt a lot. It was long hours but the people made it home.
Pros
good wages for field work
Cons
no job security
Very disappointed
1st year Carpenter (Former Employee) –  BHP Billiton Jansen ProjectSeptember 17, 2014
I was laid off when I hurt myself at work and went to the Dr and was put on Light Duty about one week later I got a letter stating that I don't meet there standard only after working 8 days with this company.Very disappointed in how it was handled. For a company this size to just kick you down the road because you get hurt. Who cares. You should
Pros
well structure company
Cons
getting hurt on there job
Very Busy No Time to Train New Hires
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 4, 2014
Spent a short period of time here. Company is very busy and does not have the proper time and training methods in place for someone new to the industry
Pros
work life balance
Cons
difficult to learn and be independent
I was fun work place
production worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 3, 2014
I learned a lot about Canada and i was worked hard there .
I learned different work
I was worked with different people
Always something new everyday. Very exciting position.
Senior HSEC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2014
Very busy and quite rewarding. I was corporate and onsite advisor. Lots of travel and sometimes very long days. But at the end of the day, I always felt I made a difference.
always something new to learn
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 21, 2014
Very well organized company. Treated all employees with great respect.
Every day was enjoyable, great go-workers, always willing to help.
productive and friendly work place
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 13, 2014
We basically build Trailer Offices and kitchen, that most of our clients is from oil and gas industry that they used on site to provide for there workers offices.
An excellent company to work for with room for advancement.
Deputy Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 7, 2014
We developed an outstanding team for this project while maintaining very high standards of safety and efficiency.

A typical day included managing a myriad of different areas of responsibility such as (but not limited to) fleet and building maintenance, security, on site medical services (trauma center), fire department, financial and administrative services, supply and inventory control, snow removal and dust suppression.

The team was very supportive to one another would step outside their regular roles to assist another member or department if requested.
Pros
very good safety standards and team building
Cons
like most project related jobs, once the job is completed lay-offs occur.
Engaging workplace with easily transferrable skills
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  1 Yukon Lane, Toronto, ON M3K0A1May 7, 2014
I worked for ATCO from 8am to 4pm from Monday to Friday during the summer, and it was a good experience to gather up skills for future employments. The management was good as I always had something to do whether it would be to do landscaping outside (mowing lawns) or clean up inside the armory.
Pros
good training
Excellent staff and safe environment
Final Finisher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 19, 2014
They give me very good training before starting an activity I have not done it before and how to do it in a safe and efficient manner
Pros
benefists
Cons
no paid sick days
Productive and challenging
PROJECT CONTROLS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJanuary 11, 2014
Able to learn multicultural working relationship in the workplace.
Pros
team camaraderie
Fair Wage, Awful Culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 20, 2013
Internal advancement All jobs that could be filled by internal applicants are hired externally. Compensation is mid-level, some people get bonuses one year and not the next. It is not explained. Senior management is to detached to realize the damage the inexperienced middle management is doing until half the department is lost semi-annually due to turnover. Work assignments are segregated and bland. Co-workers are friendly, technology is out of date and the business does not support needed infrastructure. Do not recommend.
Pros
decent benefits and wages
Cons
awful middle management, low work life balance, no performance wage structure, ineffective technology
Good benefits
Quality Systems Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 3, 2013
There are positive working environments in specific departmental areas. d
Pros
free lunches
Cons
negative work environment in my department
very clicky, and no benefits,don't care about staff
exzective chef (Current Employee) –  albertaSeptember 22, 2013
After working for this company for 2 years, and found out that most of the camps are temporary, so all you get for benefits is drugs paid 80% and thats it, no other benefits.I was told directly that staff is not a priorty and to shut your mouth. not a good experience, the district regional manager is a lot of talk and promises and never comes through for anyone,Sleeping rooms and showers are very tight quarters 8x10, and share showers.food is ok and the staff are allways put down by management, never good enough,I am a certified chef.So if you are looking to work for a company that has some travel allowance,medical, dental, extended health,and good sleeping rooms with professional managers that take care and care of their employees I don't reccomend you apply at atco,for they dont care
Pros
free food
Cons
disconering managers for employees
Great Company to Work for.
Manufacturing Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 14, 2013
Awesome people, great pay, very skilled and professional work environment.
Pros
tight-knit community, skilled workers, enjoyable, intelligent people.
Great team atmosphere.
Fire Services Consultant (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, OntarioMay 22, 2013
Working with the team at ATCO SL has been a very rewarding experience, I was able to advance through to the Fire Chiefs position on one of our projects very quickly. Management rewards those who are dedicated to seeing that the company succeeds on every front. My biggest challenge was being away from home quite a bit. The best part of the job has been the team atmosphere, I feel that a content work environment makes for a productive and succesful work place.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
time away from home.

ATCO Structures and Logistics Reviews by Job Title