ATCO Structures and Logistics

ATCO Structures and Logistics Employee Reviews in Canada

Good company to work for.
Relief Lodge Manager (temporary fill-in position) (Former Employee) –  Northern AlbertaJune 12, 2015
Solid company with a proven track record.
Good benefit program.
Staff are friendly and knowledgeable.
Safety-first attitude puts employee welfare at the forefront.
we work equally
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 29, 2015
the best work for me so far but unfortunately i got laid-off. we work equally here no discrimination. the work is hard but the best part is we are happy.
An excellent company to work for with room for advancement.
Deputy Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 7, 2014
We developed an outstanding team for this project while maintaining very high standards of safety and efficiency.

A typical day included managing a myriad of different areas of responsibility such as (but not limited to) fleet and building maintenance, security, on site medical services (trauma center), fire department, financial and administrative services, supply and inventory control, snow removal and dust suppression.

The team was very supportive to one another would step outside their regular roles to assist another member or department if requested.
Pros
very good safety standards and team building
Cons
like most project related jobs, once the job is completed lay-offs occur.
Not a pleasant nor trusting work environment
Fleet Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bluegrass officeMarch 2, 2015
They don't give you the support or tools to help you succeed. It is a sink or swim attitude.

No one wants to help anyone. It is all about the me not the team or what is good for the company.
Very Busy No Time to Train New Hires
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 4, 2014
Spent a short period of time here. Company is very busy and does not have the proper time and training methods in place for someone new to the industry
Pros
work life balance
Cons
difficult to learn and be independent
Standard
Administrative Duties (Former Employee) –  EdmontonNovember 25, 2014
Although i loved the staff the job itself was very tedeious and slow.
Short days seemed long. There was little room for growth in my contracted position and due to lack of business my position was laid off.
I would suggest this company for a seperate location as to the one i worked at.
Pros
great staff
Cons
out of town
Very disappointed
1st year Carpenter (Former Employee) –  BHP Billiton Jansen ProjectSeptember 17, 2014
I was laid off when I hurt myself at work and went to the Dr and was put on Light Duty about one week later I got a letter stating that I don't meet there standard only after working 8 days with this company.Very disappointed in how it was handled. For a company this size to just kick you down the road because you get hurt. Who cares. You should
Pros
well structure company
Cons
getting hurt on there job
Young Co-workers, Great company with old mentality
Territory Sales Manager / Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cookstown, OntSeptember 24, 2012
Working at ATCO has been a great opportunity. They allow for and seek internal growth. They have offices all across Canada and various parts of the world offering opportunities to grow with the internationally.
I gain experience with office, accounting and sales throughout my time with ATCO. The only draw back is that some of their equipment, software and training is a very historic mindset. They need to update those and speed up with the current market however overall a great company.
Engaging workplace with easily transferrable skills
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  1 Yukon Lane, Toronto, ON M3K0A1May 7, 2014
I worked for ATCO from 8am to 4pm from Monday to Friday during the summer, and it was a good experience to gather up skills for future employments. The management was good as I always had something to do whether it would be to do landscaping outside (mowing lawns) or clean up inside the armory.
Pros
good training
Opportunity to liason with different functions within ATCO S&L
PROJECT CONTROL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2015
Good understanding of various functions of organization.
Pros
official lunch
Cons
lack of established process and procedures
Work Expectations
Building Maintenance Techn. #2 (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMarch 4, 2013
I am required to have a police record check. I have no criminal record. I preformed cleaning in the Armory in Sault Ste Marie,ON. I attended IAPA training, and hold a first aid cert. as well. I had the opportunity to act as supervisor during to absence of our regular supervisor. Climbing stairs and lifting is a must with this job. I was also on the Health and Safety Committee. I kept all MSDS sheets up to date. As well as PPE. I also had the opportunity to order supplies for our job requirements. I know how to stripe and wax floors safely.
Good company to work for
Project Controls - Cost Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 13, 2014
Good learning experience with a comfortable work atmosphere. Some good managers that are easy to talk to but because of the companies age and size, change is hard to come by.
overall rating is very good
Shop floor labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2012
Actually I started working a full time job come on time be ready for the job I was working as a labour I learned how to be responsible for what ever task tell you to do and how manage your time to get it done on time effectively. also treat others just as need to be treated that will help create a good working envirnment and help to achieve your goal which get work done. base on my experience there is no hardest part of the job as long as you know how to do it!
Fast paced
Lodge Manager - K + S Legacy Site (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 12, 2015
Responsible for all Lodge Operations. An excellent company to work for.
Opportunity to travel and gained valuable experience
Work Control and Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 10, 2013
I gained valuable experience building and maintaining a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
Pros
great employees
Cons
21/7 rotation was too long
Always something new everyday. Very exciting position.
Senior HSEC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2014
Very busy and quite rewarding. I was corporate and onsite advisor. Lots of travel and sometimes very long days. But at the end of the day, I always felt I made a difference.
Excellent staff and safe environment
Final Finisher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 19, 2014
They give me very good training before starting an activity I have not done it before and how to do it in a safe and efficient manner
Pros
benefists
Cons
no paid sick days
Good support from management
Senior HSE Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaJanuary 3, 2013
Has a good team with lots of support for its field personnel. The try to accommodate people with their schedules outside of work.always there to listen and incorporate ideas you put forward.
Pros
travel covered by company
Cons
remote locations
productive and friendly work place
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 13, 2014
We basically build Trailer Offices and kitchen, that most of our clients is from oil and gas industry that they used on site to provide for there workers offices.
Great Company to Work for.
Manufacturing Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 14, 2013
Awesome people, great pay, very skilled and professional work environment.
Pros
tight-knit community, skilled workers, enjoyable, intelligent people.