ATCO Structures and Logistics

ATCO Structures and Logistics Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun workplace
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  ReginaJune 22, 2016
ATCO is a very good copany to work for they look after their staff and make sure everyone is treated as an equal. A typical day at work consisted of cleaning the clients rooms. i learned how to work fast and efficiently. the managment is great and my co-workers are more like friends. the hardest part of the job was dealing with some stubborn clients and the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet new people.
Incredible Team
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 6, 2016
The workday has a variety of tasks including guest relations, using computer skills, filing, quality control, etc. I have learned that I have talent in customer relations as I've been able to develop a very positive rapport with clients. Our team was very effective as we knew each other's strengths and weaknesses and were able to cooperate and work together to provide an unbeatable service. Working with our software program was challenging at first but with training, I was able to build up my speed and efficiency. The people - both my coworkers and our clients was such a rewarding part of my job.
Not much opportunity for training
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 13, 2016
Human Resources turns a blind eye to issues. Lower Management is not properly screened. Working for the company was great in the beginning. Once I was relocated to another job site things changed. There was a lot of foul play and no support for my position. I brought issues up to Human Resources who simply ignored me. At this camp there were poor organization skills
Great compensation, Safety is always first and they have a fitness gym
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2016
Working with ASL provided me with the different carpentry skills ranging from framing(floor, wall, etc) to final finishes(trimming, millwork, etc). The people and company festivities are great.
good place to work
FIRST COOK (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB, Estavan, Sk, Fort Mckay, abMarch 13, 2016
working in the kitchens for Atco was generally pretty good. Atco in my opinion treated their staff well with good wages and benefits unfortunately with the price of oil declining, there has been an economic down turn which haas caused many lath offs. i would happily work for Atco again
Fun place to work at the best of times.
Second Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABMay 26, 2016
Work atmosphere is good and so are the people. Need to be more responsive to employee request's by answering mail within the first 3days of receiving it.
Over all a good company to work for.
Great Training, good atmosphere
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 12, 2016
Great wages and benefits,Good training and safe working environment.Some lack of communication between chain of command. Job security leaves a little to be desired for.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Layoffs
Great Company to work for
Health & Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  CNRL Richardson LodgeApril 19, 2016
ATCO is a big company and has some experienced staff to work with, I think that the longer they work in the Structures and Logistics division, the more solid they will be.
Productive, Focused, Team Enviroment
Territory Sales Manager - Hwy 427 to Windsor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON to WindsorNovember 2, 2015
Good team environment all the sales people had a common goal in mind and that's what's best for the branch and what's best for the company. Like any other company they had their ways of doing business your typical paper work and procedures that had to be followed. The after sales support was outstanding that individual had a very good understanding of the sales/operation role and the value it brought to the company.
High turnover - stay away
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 5, 2016
I was hired for one of the top positions at Atco S&L, I still regret it. Constant turnover, incredible back fighting. Not worth the interview effort.
Pros
Resonable pay
Cons
No support
Production Worker/Framer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
Great hours, safe place to work. They pay overtime and great benefit package. They have a union, and it is a enjoyable place to work.
Not a great place
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Jansen saskatchewanSeptember 15, 2015
Not one of the best places I have ever worked at, management was terrible. Discrimination was the order of the day . Independent of thought was a no no. You were to be seen not heard . sycophancy was the order of the day. I wouldn't work there again
productive
housekeeping supervisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKNovember 2, 2015
good experience
have found growth in the company
hard work
good management
building relationship
team work
personality development
learned how to manage
Great People and Work enviroment
Operations Manager/team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 21, 2015
-most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with people on a day to day basis.
-Helping see a project to completion
-overseeing several employees
-Mentoring,coaching and training team members
drafting action plans and seeing the impact
-devoloping new analytics tools.
Great place if you're looking for regularity
CARPENTER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2015
ATCO, been my place of work for quite some time. Great place for people looking for structure and regularity. If someone wants pension, benefits, good pay, and a job that you're finished at 3:30 daily, it may be the place. Being a union job it has its quirks, but if you can put on blinders and ignore what the less driven people are doing than you'll be fine. There is room for advancement, you just have to be motivated and know your stuff or know how to keep things in order.
Management is the main issue for the trades in the manufacturing end of things, they need a clean slate there. When oil is down, there's no work but I have no regrets being there for the time I was.
Pros
Easy hours, indoors, safety oriented, show up and work
Cons
Dusty, repetitive, lack of spirit
Good group to work with both in office and the field
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Peace River, ABJanuary 26, 2015
When I was in the field, we would start with our work scope and fill out our daily FLHA'S and carry on with our tasks. Varied from drywall, welding dec-tec, installing exterior belly band, fascia, trim.
Craning in trailers. Building walkways. Doing final walk throughs and deficiency lists.
Great team atmosphere. Had fun doing my job.
Hardest was when it was below -40

When I was in the office,
I worked on material take-offs and tracked down items we required.
Did town runs for certain materials
Maintained any paper work that was relevant to my position
Had daily meetings
Worked closely alongside the purchaser
Pros
days went fast
Cons
being away from home
Good company to work for.
Relief Lodge Manager (temporary fill-in position) (Former Employee) –  Northern AlbertaJune 12, 2015
Solid company with a proven track record.
Good benefit program.
Staff are friendly and knowledgeable.
Safety-first attitude puts employee welfare at the forefront.
Terrible Company
Group Operations Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 22, 2015
Somebody once referred to the people in this organization as boiled frogs, slowly cooked until they have no idea what is going on. I have experienced this and agree complete. Senior management allows it to happen.
Very disappointed
1st year Carpenter (Former Employee) –  BHP Billiton Jansen ProjectSeptember 17, 2014
I was laid off when I hurt myself at work and went to the Dr and was put on Light Duty about one week later I got a letter stating that I don't meet there standard only after working 8 days with this company.Very disappointed in how it was handled. For a company this size to just kick you down the road because you get hurt. Who cares. You should
Pros
well structure company
Cons
getting hurt on there job
An excellent company to work for with room for advancement.
Deputy Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 7, 2014
We developed an outstanding team for this project while maintaining very high standards of safety and efficiency.

A typical day included managing a myriad of different areas of responsibility such as (but not limited to) fleet and building maintenance, security, on site medical services (trauma center), fire department, financial and administrative services, supply and inventory control, snow removal and dust suppression.

The team was very supportive to one another would step outside their regular roles to assist another member or department if requested.
Pros
very good safety standards and team building
Cons
like most project related jobs, once the job is completed lay-offs occur.

ATCO Structures and Logistics Reviews by Job Title