ATCO Structures and Logistics Employee Reviews

hard working fast paced
Design Technologist Modular/Industrial Projects (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2016
There was a great group of people before layoffs. The work was fast paced and interesting. There was good cooperations between design-engineering, the plant and site.
Pros
good medical- dential
Cons
needs more responsive answers from sales team after units sold
Job was ok
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB20 November 2016
I didn't work here very long, it was only a temporary position so I can't say much about it one way or the other, but the employees seemed to enjoy their jobs and all got along ok.
Very demanding
Building Operator and Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
management is not up to the standards to take care of such account. Stared in one role and now have adapted different responsibilities which makes the company very unprofessional.
Steady work when the economy supports the business
Journeyman Carpenter - Flooring shop B12 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2016
It is steady and repetitive work and you can challenge your abilities by taking on working in other "shops" in the plant.
I found the opportunity rewarding as I am prone to create structures or processes to have my tasks be efficient and effective and this is encouraged at Atco. There is also the opportunity to share insights that may make a difference for the procedures in the entire plant.

I also found that the hours really fit with a family life as your day ended early enough to engage with the kids activities, and the weekends were available for other interests...

Supervision was very respectful and used encouragement over fault finding when reviewing production times and quality of work...

Over all a good place to work and great experience of caring and understanding.
Pros
Systematic can be learned and improved upon with ease.
Cons
Repetitive tasks can lead to being distracted...
atco was okay
Carpenter's Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC7 October 2016
although at times atco was poorly managed, project continued ahead of schedule and properly. employees although having low morale continued on the project on time and without many issues.
Pros
skilled employees, kept well to schedule
Cons
mismanagement, few issues swept under the rug
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB19 September 2016
Had your position on the line and worked hard to make sure you finished your job on time. The management and co-workers were awesome. Hardest part was when you fell behind in the line and people were waiting on you.
work done in timely manner
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB18 September 2016
very good team work,goal oriented. I have learn to work with different individual with different believes and attitudes.which contributed to my personal development.Management had workers interest at heart and made it possible for the team to be at peace away from home and family.
improvement needed
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 September 2016
ATCO is a good company to work for, yes there were issues here and there but overall it was good. We were like a family,the co workers,always there for each other and stood by each other. The best supervisor was hired a bit late in the game but it was good to have that exposure to one of the best housekeepers in Canada.
Productive and fun workplace
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Regina22 June 2016
ATCO is a very good copany to work for they look after their staff and make sure everyone is treated as an equal. A typical day at work consisted of cleaning the clients rooms. i learned how to work fast and efficiently. the managment is great and my co-workers are more like friends. the hardest part of the job was dealing with some stubborn clients and the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet new people.
Fun place to work at the best of times.
Second Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB26 May 2016
Work atmosphere is good and so are the people. Need to be more responsive to employee request's by answering mail within the first 3days of receiving it.
Over all a good company to work for.
Great compensation, Safety is always first and they have a fitness gym
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2016
Working with ASL provided me with the different carpentry skills ranging from framing(floor, wall, etc) to final finishes(trimming, millwork, etc). The people and company festivities are great.
Great Company to work for
Health & Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  CNRL Richardson Lodge19 April 2016
ATCO is a big company and has some experienced staff to work with, I think that the longer they work in the Structures and Logistics division, the more solid they will be.
Not much opportunity for training
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 April 2016
Human Resources turns a blind eye to issues. Lower Management is not properly screened. Working for the company was great in the beginning. Once I was relocated to another job site things changed. There was a lot of foul play and no support for my position. I brought issues up to Human Resources who simply ignored me. At this camp there were poor organization skills
Great Training, good atmosphere
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2016
Great wages and benefits,Good training and safe working environment.Some lack of communication between chain of command. Job security leaves a little to be desired for.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Layoffs
Incredible Team
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 April 2016
The workday has a variety of tasks including guest relations, using computer skills, filing, quality control, etc. I have learned that I have talent in customer relations as I've been able to develop a very positive rapport with clients. Our team was very effective as we knew each other's strengths and weaknesses and were able to cooperate and work together to provide an unbeatable service. Working with our software program was challenging at first but with training, I was able to build up my speed and efficiency. The people - both my coworkers and our clients was such a rewarding part of my job.
good place to work
FIRST COOK (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB, Estavan, Sk, Fort Mckay, ab13 March 2016
working in the kitchens for Atco was generally pretty good. Atco in my opinion treated their staff well with good wages and benefits unfortunately with the price of oil declining, there has been an economic down turn which haas caused many lath offs. i would happily work for Atco again
Production Worker/Framer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2016
Great hours, safe place to work. They pay overtime and great benefit package. They have a union, and it is a enjoyable place to work.
High turnover - stay away
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC5 January 2016
I was hired for one of the top positions at Atco S&L, I still regret it. Constant turnover, incredible back fighting. Not worth the interview effort.
Pros
Resonable pay
Cons
No support
productive
housekeeping supervisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK2 November 2015
good experience
have found growth in the company
hard work
good management
building relationship
team work
personality development
learned how to manage
Productive, Focused, Team Enviroment
Territory Sales Manager - Hwy 427 to Windsor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON to Windsor2 November 2015
Good team environment all the sales people had a common goal in mind and that's what's best for the branch and what's best for the company. Like any other company they had their ways of doing business your typical paper work and procedures that had to be followed. The after sales support was outstanding that individual had a very good understanding of the sales/operation role and the value it brought to the company.

ATCO Structures and Logistics Reviews by Location