ATCO Structures and Logistics

ATCO Structures and Logistics Employee Reviews

Decent pay with great benefits
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 March 2017
ATCO Structures and Logistics is actually a decent company to work for. They offer a decent pay with great benefits with a typical 40 hour work week. Overtime is always optional if it is available. However, the company is heavily reliant on the oil and gas industry and in the current state of the Alberta economy, there is zero job security with ATCO Structures and Logistics.
Pros
Good pay rate
Cons
Not enough work
not fun
1ST Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2017
long hours no over time office dont care about field staff
No communication with office
upper management has no respect for people below them
not treated with respect
Gòod company to work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB18 February 2017
Gòod company to start snd to retire.good for apprentice carpenter or electrician.good benefits.company is fair.learn lots about construction.
Pros
Good benefits
Fun and challenging work atmosphere.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB11 March 2017
It is a very challenging and can be a very fun atmosphere to work in with my co-workers.

I enjoy the fast pace and the fast decision making required to keep a building operating.
Pros
food in camp, co-workers, fast paced decision making
Cons
away from home, fly in and out job, management needs leadership skills.
Working at Atco
service person (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC17 February 2017
I enjoyed working with the other employees and my yard supervisor. But the office management and higher as a company wasn't to organized or enjoyable to work for.
Pros
good people to work with in the yard
Cons
office managment to yard commincation for work orders wasnt communicated properly or clearly.
comfortable ,enjoy working with different nationality
Facilities maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 December 2016
interesting ,gain lots of ideas in solving issues , supportive for our needs ,open book policy,management is approacheble
Pros
free accommodation and travel allowance
Cons
fourteen days working with two hours overtime
Very stressful and unorganized place to work.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 March 2017
The Management is incompetent.They are in the dark ages when it comes to progress.If you get a chance to work there run away fast and don't look back.
Pros
You have a job to pay the bills if you can stand it.
Cons
Everything else
Steady work when the economy supports the business
Journeyman Carpenter - Flooring shop B12 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2016
It is steady and repetitive work and you can challenge your abilities by taking on working in other "shops" in the plant.
I found the opportunity rewarding as I am prone to create structures or processes to have my tasks be efficient and effective and this is encouraged at Atco. There is also the opportunity to share insights that may make a difference for the procedures in the entire plant.

I also found that the hours really fit with a family life as your day ended early enough to engage with the kids activities, and the weekends were available for other interests...

Supervision was very respectful and used encouragement over fault finding when reviewing production times and quality of work...

Over all a good place to work and great experience of caring and understanding.
Pros
Systematic can be learned and improved upon with ease.
Cons
Repetitive tasks can lead to being distracted...
work done in timely manner
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB18 September 2016
very good team work,goal oriented. I have learn to work with different individual with different believes and attitudes.which contributed to my personal development.Management had workers interest at heart and made it possible for the team to be at peace away from home and family.
Very demanding
Building Operator and Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
management is not up to the standards to take care of such account. Stared in one role and now have adapted different responsibilities which makes the company very unprofessional.

Want to know more about ATCO Structures and Logistics?

Ask a question
atco was okay
Carpenter's Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC7 October 2016
although at times atco was poorly managed, project continued ahead of schedule and properly. employees although having low morale continued on the project on time and without many issues.
Pros
skilled employees, kept well to schedule
Cons
mismanagement, few issues swept under the rug
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB19 September 2016
Had your position on the line and worked hard to make sure you finished your job on time. The management and co-workers were awesome. Hardest part was when you fell behind in the line and people were waiting on you.
hard working fast paced
Design Technologist Modular/Industrial Projects (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2016
There was a great group of people before layoffs. The work was fast paced and interesting. There was good cooperations between design-engineering, the plant and site.
Pros
good medical- dential
Cons
needs more responsive answers from sales team after units sold
Great Training, good atmosphere
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2016
Great wages and benefits,Good training and safe working environment.Some lack of communication between chain of command. Job security leaves a little to be desired for.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Layoffs
I learned alot at atco
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB25 January 2017
I loved my stay at the lodge in Peace River. Everyone was great to talk to every day and the food was awesome. I have no complaints about ATCO at all.
Great place if you're looking for regularity
CARPENTER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2015
ATCO, been my place of work for quite some time. Great place for people looking for structure and regularity. If someone wants pension, benefits, good pay, and a job that you're finished at 3:30 daily, it may be the place. Being a union job it has its quirks, but if you can put on blinders and ignore what the less driven people are doing than you'll be fine. There is room for advancement, you just have to be motivated and know your stuff or know how to keep things in order.
Management is the main issue for the trades in the manufacturing end of things, they need a clean slate there. When oil is down, there's no work but I have no regrets being there for the time I was.
Pros
Easy hours, indoors, safety oriented, show up and work
Cons
Dusty, repetitive, lack of spirit
Fair Wage, Awful Culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 November 2013
Internal advancement All jobs that could be filled by internal applicants are hired externally. Compensation is mid-level, some people get bonuses one year and not the next. It is not explained. Senior management is to detached to realize the damage the inexperienced middle management is doing until half the department is lost semi-annually due to turnover. Work assignments are segregated and bland. Co-workers are friendly, technology is out of date and the business does not support needed infrastructure. Do not recommend.
Pros
Decent benefits and wages
Cons
Awful middle management, low work life balance, no performance wage structure, ineffective technology
Job was ok
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB20 November 2016
I didn't work here very long, it was only a temporary position so I can't say much about it one way or the other, but the employees seemed to enjoy their jobs and all got along ok.
excellent Company
Labour Foreman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2017
One of the best companies I have worked for. Treat their employees right and very close team feeling. Very well rounded work
improvement needed
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 September 2016
ATCO is a good company to work for, yes there were issues here and there but overall it was good. We were like a family,the co workers,always there for each other and stood by each other. The best supervisor was hired a bit late in the game but it was good to have that exposure to one of the best housekeepers in Canada.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATCO Structures and Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

ATCO Structures and Logistics Reviews by Location