ATCO Structures and Logistics Employee Reviews

General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABSeptember 19, 2016
Had your position on the line and worked hard to make sure you finished your job on time. The management and co-workers were awesome. Hardest part was when you fell behind in the line and people were waiting on you.
work done in timely manner
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABSeptember 18, 2016
very good team work,goal oriented. I have learn to work with different individual with different believes and attitudes.which contributed to my personal development.Management had workers interest at heart and made it possible for the team to be at peace away from home and family.
improvement needed
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 8, 2016
ATCO is a good company to work for, yes there were issues here and there but overall it was good. We were like a family,the co workers,always there for each other and stood by each other. The best supervisor was hired a bit late in the game but it was good to have that exposure to one of the best housekeepers in Canada.
Productive and fun workplace
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  ReginaJune 22, 2016
ATCO is a very good copany to work for they look after their staff and make sure everyone is treated as an equal. A typical day at work consisted of cleaning the clients rooms. i learned how to work fast and efficiently. the managment is great and my co-workers are more like friends. the hardest part of the job was dealing with some stubborn clients and the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet new people.
Fun place to work at the best of times.
Second Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABMay 26, 2016
Work atmosphere is good and so are the people. Need to be more responsive to employee request's by answering mail within the first 3days of receiving it.
Over all a good company to work for.
Great compensation, Safety is always first and they have a fitness gym
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2016
Working with ASL provided me with the different carpentry skills ranging from framing(floor, wall, etc) to final finishes(trimming, millwork, etc). The people and company festivities are great.
Great Company to work for
Health & Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  CNRL Richardson LodgeApril 19, 2016
ATCO is a big company and has some experienced staff to work with, I think that the longer they work in the Structures and Logistics division, the more solid they will be.
Not much opportunity for training
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 13, 2016
Human Resources turns a blind eye to issues. Lower Management is not properly screened. Working for the company was great in the beginning. Once I was relocated to another job site things changed. There was a lot of foul play and no support for my position. I brought issues up to Human Resources who simply ignored me. At this camp there were poor organization skills
Great Training, good atmosphere
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 12, 2016
Great wages and benefits,Good training and safe working environment.Some lack of communication between chain of command. Job security leaves a little to be desired for.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Layoffs
Incredible Team
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 6, 2016
The workday has a variety of tasks including guest relations, using computer skills, filing, quality control, etc. I have learned that I have talent in customer relations as I've been able to develop a very positive rapport with clients. Our team was very effective as we knew each other's strengths and weaknesses and were able to cooperate and work together to provide an unbeatable service. Working with our software program was challenging at first but with training, I was able to build up my speed and efficiency. The people - both my coworkers and our clients was such a rewarding part of my job.
good place to work
FIRST COOK (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB, Estavan, Sk, Fort Mckay, abMarch 13, 2016
working in the kitchens for Atco was generally pretty good. Atco in my opinion treated their staff well with good wages and benefits unfortunately with the price of oil declining, there has been an economic down turn which haas caused many lath offs. i would happily work for Atco again
Production Worker/Framer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
Great hours, safe place to work. They pay overtime and great benefit package. They have a union, and it is a enjoyable place to work.
High turnover - stay away
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 5, 2016
I was hired for one of the top positions at Atco S&L, I still regret it. Constant turnover, incredible back fighting. Not worth the interview effort.
Pros
Resonable pay
Cons
No support
productive
housekeeping supervisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKNovember 2, 2015
good experience
have found growth in the company
hard work
good management
building relationship
team work
personality development
learned how to manage
Productive, Focused, Team Enviroment
Territory Sales Manager - Hwy 427 to Windsor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON to WindsorNovember 2, 2015
Good team environment all the sales people had a common goal in mind and that's what's best for the branch and what's best for the company. Like any other company they had their ways of doing business your typical paper work and procedures that had to be followed. The after sales support was outstanding that individual had a very good understanding of the sales/operation role and the value it brought to the company.
Not a great place
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Jansen saskatchewanSeptember 15, 2015
Not one of the best places I have ever worked at, management was terrible. Discrimination was the order of the day . Independent of thought was a no no. You were to be seen not heard . sycophancy was the order of the day. I wouldn't work there again
Great People and Work enviroment
Operations Manager/team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 21, 2015
-most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with people on a day to day basis.
-Helping see a project to completion
-overseeing several employees
-Mentoring,coaching and training team members
drafting action plans and seeing the impact
-devoloping new analytics tools.
Good company to work for.
Relief Lodge Manager (temporary fill-in position) (Former Employee) –  Northern AlbertaJune 12, 2015
Solid company with a proven track record.
Good benefit program.
Staff are friendly and knowledgeable.
Safety-first attitude puts employee welfare at the forefront.
Great place if you're looking for regularity
CARPENTER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2015
ATCO, been my place of work for quite some time. Great place for people looking for structure and regularity. If someone wants pension, benefits, good pay, and a job that you're finished at 3:30 daily, it may be the place. Being a union job it has its quirks, but if you can put on blinders and ignore what the less driven people are doing than you'll be fine. There is room for advancement, you just have to be motivated and know your stuff or know how to keep things in order.
Management is the main issue for the trades in the manufacturing end of things, they need a clean slate there. When oil is down, there's no work but I have no regrets being there for the time I was.
Pros
Easy hours, indoors, safety oriented, show up and work
Cons
Dusty, repetitive, lack of spirit
we work equally
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 29, 2015
the best work for me so far but unfortunately i got laid-off. we work equally here no discrimination. the work is hard but the best part is we are happy.

ATCO Structures and Logistics Reviews by Job Title