ATCO Structures and Logistics

ATCO Structures and Logistics Employee Reviews

Gòod company to work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB18 February 2017
Gòod company to start snd to retire.good for apprentice carpenter or electrician.good benefits.company is fair.learn lots about construction.
Pros
Good benefits
Working at Atco
service person (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC17 February 2017
I enjoyed working with the other employees and my yard supervisor. But the office management and higher as a company wasn't to organized or enjoyable to work for.
Pros
good people to work with in the yard
Cons
office managment to yard commincation for work orders wasnt communicated properly or clearly.
not fun
1ST Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2017
long hours no over time office dont care about field staff
No communication with office
upper management has no respect for people below them
not treated with respect
I learned alot at atco
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB25 January 2017
I loved my stay at the lodge in Peace River. Everyone was great to talk to every day and the food was awesome. I have no complaints about ATCO at all.
excellent Company
Labour Foreman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2017
One of the best companies I have worked for. Treat their employees right and very close team feeling. Very well rounded work
comfortable ,enjoy working with different nationality
Facilities maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 December 2016
interesting ,gain lots of ideas in solving issues , supportive for our needs ,open book policy,management is approacheble
Pros
free accommodation and travel allowance
Cons
fourteen days working with two hours overtime
hard working fast paced
Design Technologist Modular/Industrial Projects (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2016
There was a great group of people before layoffs. The work was fast paced and interesting. There was good cooperations between design-engineering, the plant and site.
Pros
good medical- dential
Cons
needs more responsive answers from sales team after units sold
Job was ok
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB20 November 2016
I didn't work here very long, it was only a temporary position so I can't say much about it one way or the other, but the employees seemed to enjoy their jobs and all got along ok.
Very demanding
Building Operator and Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
management is not up to the standards to take care of such account. Stared in one role and now have adapted different responsibilities which makes the company very unprofessional.
Steady work when the economy supports the business
Journeyman Carpenter - Flooring shop B12 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2016
It is steady and repetitive work and you can challenge your abilities by taking on working in other "shops" in the plant.
I found the opportunity rewarding as I am prone to create structures or processes to have my tasks be efficient and effective and this is encouraged at Atco. There is also the opportunity to share insights that may make a difference for the procedures in the entire plant.

I also found that the hours really fit with a family life as your day ended early enough to engage with the kids activities, and the weekends were available for other interests...

Supervision was very respectful and used encouragement over fault finding when reviewing production times and quality of work...

Over all a good place to work and great experience of caring and understanding.
Pros
Systematic can be learned and improved upon with ease.
Cons
Repetitive tasks can lead to being distracted...
atco was okay
Carpenter's Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC7 October 2016
although at times atco was poorly managed, project continued ahead of schedule and properly. employees although having low morale continued on the project on time and without many issues.
Pros
skilled employees, kept well to schedule
Cons
mismanagement, few issues swept under the rug
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB19 September 2016
Had your position on the line and worked hard to make sure you finished your job on time. The management and co-workers were awesome. Hardest part was when you fell behind in the line and people were waiting on you.
work done in timely manner
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB18 September 2016
very good team work,goal oriented. I have learn to work with different individual with different believes and attitudes.which contributed to my personal development.Management had workers interest at heart and made it possible for the team to be at peace away from home and family.
improvement needed
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 September 2016
ATCO is a good company to work for, yes there were issues here and there but overall it was good. We were like a family,the co workers,always there for each other and stood by each other. The best supervisor was hired a bit late in the game but it was good to have that exposure to one of the best housekeepers in Canada.
Productive and fun workplace
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Regina22 June 2016
ATCO is a very good copany to work for they look after their staff and make sure everyone is treated as an equal. A typical day at work consisted of cleaning the clients rooms. i learned how to work fast and efficiently. the managment is great and my co-workers are more like friends. the hardest part of the job was dealing with some stubborn clients and the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet new people.
Fun place to work at the best of times.
Second Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB26 May 2016
Work atmosphere is good and so are the people. Need to be more responsive to employee request's by answering mail within the first 3days of receiving it.
Over all a good company to work for.
Great compensation, Safety is always first and they have a fitness gym
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2016
Working with ASL provided me with the different carpentry skills ranging from framing(floor, wall, etc) to final finishes(trimming, millwork, etc). The people and company festivities are great.
Great Company to work for
Health & Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  CNRL Richardson Lodge19 April 2016
ATCO is a big company and has some experienced staff to work with, I think that the longer they work in the Structures and Logistics division, the more solid they will be.
Not much opportunity for training
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 April 2016
Human Resources turns a blind eye to issues. Lower Management is not properly screened. Working for the company was great in the beginning. Once I was relocated to another job site things changed. There was a lot of foul play and no support for my position. I brought issues up to Human Resources who simply ignored me. At this camp there were poor organization skills
Great Training, good atmosphere
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2016
Great wages and benefits,Good training and safe working environment.Some lack of communication between chain of command. Job security leaves a little to be desired for.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Layoffs

ATCO Structures and Logistics Reviews by Location