ATCO Structures and Logistics

ATCO Structures and Logistics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Standard
Administrative Duties (Former Employee), EdmontonNovember 25, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: out of town
Although i loved the staff the job itself was very tedeious and slow.
Short days seemed long. There was little room for growth in my contracted position and due to lack of business my position was laid off.
I would suggest this company for a seperate location as to the one i worked at.
Great group of people
FINANCE & ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 2, 2014
Pros: good wages for field work
Cons: no job security
I thoroughly enjoyed working for ATCO Structures & Logistics. I made life long friends and learnt a lot. It was long hours but the people made it home.
Very disappointed
1st year Carpenter (Former Employee), BHP Billiton Jansen ProjectSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: well structure company
Cons: getting hurt on there job
I was laid off when I hurt myself at work and went to the Dr and was put on Light Duty about one week later I got a letter stating that I don't meet there standard only after working 8 days with this company.Very disappointed in how it was handled. For a company this size to just kick you down the road because you get hurt. Who cares. You should
Very Busy No Time to Train New Hires
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: difficult to learn and be independent
Spent a short period of time here. Company is very busy and does not have the proper time and training methods in place for someone new to the industry
I was fun work place
production worker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 3, 2014
I learned a lot about Canada and i was worked hard there .
I learned different work
I was worked with different people
Always something new everyday. Very exciting position.
Senior HSEC Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 26, 2014
Very busy and quite rewarding. I was corporate and onsite advisor. Lots of travel and sometimes very long days. But at the end of the day, I always felt I made a difference.
always something new to learn
Cleaner (Former Employee), London, ONMay 21, 2014
Very well organized company. Treated all employees with great respect.
Every day was enjoyable, great go-workers, always willing to help.
productive and friendly work place
Production worker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 13, 2014
We basically build Trailer Offices and kitchen, that most of our clients is from oil and gas industry that they used on site to provide for there workers offices.
An excellent company to work for with room for advancement.
Deputy Project Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 7, 2014
Pros: very good safety standards and team building
Cons: like most project related jobs, once the job is completed lay-offs occur.
We developed an outstanding team for this project while maintaining very high standards of safety and efficiency.

A typical day included managing a myriad of different areas of responsibility such as (but not limited to) fleet and building maintenance, security, on site medical services (trauma center), fire department, financial and administrative – more... services, supply and inventory control, snow removal and dust suppression.

The team was very supportive to one another would step outside their regular roles to assist another member or department if requested. – less
Engaging workplace with easily transferrable skills
General Laborer (Former Employee), 1 Yukon Lane, Toronto, ON M3K0A1May 7, 2014
Pros: good training
I worked for ATCO from 8am to 4pm from Monday to Friday during the summer, and it was a good experience to gather up skills for future employments. The management was good as I always had something to do whether it would be to do landscaping outside (mowing lawns) or clean up inside the armory.
Excellent staff and safe environment
Final Finisher (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 19, 2014
Pros: benefists
Cons: no paid sick days
They give me very good training before starting an activity I have not done it before and how to do it in a safe and efficient manner
Productive and challenging
PROJECT CONTROLS COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: team camaraderie
Able to learn multicultural working relationship in the workplace.
Good benefits
Quality Systems Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 3, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: negative work environment in my department
There are positive working environments in specific departmental areas. d
very clicky, and no benefits,don't care about staff
exzective chef (Current Employee), albertaSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: disconering managers for employees
After working for this company for 2 years, and found out that most of the camps are temporary, so all you get for benefits is drugs paid 80% and thats it, no other benefits.I was told directly that staff is not a priorty and to shut your mouth. not a good experience, the district regional manager is a lot of talk and promises and never comes through – more... for anyone,Sleeping rooms and showers are very tight quarters 8x10, and share showers.food is ok and the staff are allways put down by management, never good enough,I am a certified chef.So if you are looking to work for a company that has some travel allowance,medical, dental, extended health,and good sleeping rooms with professional managers that take care and care of their employees I don't reccomend you apply at atco,for they dont care – less
Great Company to Work for.
Manufacturing Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 14, 2013
Pros: tight-knit community, skilled workers, enjoyable, intelligent people.
Awesome people, great pay, very skilled and professional work environment.
Great team atmosphere.
Fire Services Consultant (Contractor) (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntarioMay 22, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: time away from home.
Working with the team at ATCO SL has been a very rewarding experience, I was able to advance through to the Fire Chiefs position on one of our projects very quickly. Management rewards those who are dedicated to seeing that the company succeeds on every front. My biggest challenge was being away from home quite a bit. The best part of the job has been – more... the team atmosphere, I feel that a content work environment makes for a productive and succesful work place. – less
Opportunity to travel and gained valuable experience
Work Control and Finance Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 10, 2013
Pros: great employees
Cons: 21/7 rotation was too long
I gained valuable experience building and maintaining a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
Work Expectations
Building Maintenance Techn. #2 (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONMarch 4, 2013
I am required to have a police record check. I have no criminal record. I preformed cleaning in the Armory in Sault Ste Marie,ON. I attended IAPA training, and hold a first aid cert. as well. I had the opportunity to act as supervisor during to absence of our regular supervisor. Climbing stairs and lifting is a must with this job. I was also on the – more... Health and Safety Committee. I kept all MSDS sheets up to date. As well as PPE. I also had the opportunity to order supplies for our job requirements. I know how to stripe and wax floors safely. – less
Good support from management
Senior HSE Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary AlbertaJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: travel covered by company
Cons: remote locations
Has a good team with lots of support for its field personnel. The try to accommodate people with their schedules outside of work.always there to listen and incorporate ideas you put forward.
Great Company for those with family and great place to retire.
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee), calgary albertaOctober 6, 2012
Pros: great benefits, weekends off, garenteed 40 hour weeks, work pace is easy to handle
Cons: zero overtime, union based, repetitive, not apprentice freindly
For those who are looking for steady 40 hour weeks with decent pay ATCO Structures & logistics is a very promising place. especially for journeymen of any trade. Work is always indoors, place is slow and relitivily easy. full benefits after three months. ATCO is great for those with kids and family.

The negatives though, they currently laid off 103 – more... employees out of 400 due to lack of work as of October 2012. They are a union based company and as a result of that segiority rules over all.

Also, for those looking to start an apprenticeship at ATCO, please look elsewhere. In my personal opinion ATCO is not supportive of giving employees apprenticeships due to the fact that they cannot keep apprentices and employees, they to keep you there for as long as possible (or till they dont need you that is)

If you are planning on doing your entire apprenticeship at ATCO structures do not plan on keeping your jouneyman wage when you leave ATCO. You will not gain the required experience needed working here to be a well rounded Journeyman.

I suggest ATCO to those who are nearing retirement or looking for a steady decent paycheck. Work is very repetitive and relativily easy. – less

About ATCO Structures and Logistics

ATCO Structures & Logistics (ASL) has been supplying custom-engineered turbine silencing systems since 1977 under the Higgott-Kane – Read more

ATCO Structures and Logistics Photos