ATCO Structures and Logistics

ATCO Structures and Logistics Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place if you're looking for regularity
CARPENTER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2015
ATCO, been my place of work for quite some time. Great place for people looking for structure and regularity. If someone wants pension, benefits, good pay, and a job that you're finished at 3:30 daily, it may be the place. Being a union job it has its quirks, but if you can put on blinders and ignore what the less driven people are doing than you'll be fine. There is room for advancement, you just have to be motivated and know your stuff or know how to keep things in order.
Management is the main issue for the trades in the manufacturing end of things, they need a clean slate there. When oil is down, there's no work but I have no regrets being there for the time I was.
Pros
Easy hours, indoors, safety oriented, show up and work
Cons
Dusty, repetitive, lack of spirit
good place to work
FIRST COOK (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB, Estavan, Sk, Fort Mckay, abMarch 13, 2016
working in the kitchens for Atco was generally pretty good. Atco in my opinion treated their staff well with good wages and benefits unfortunately with the price of oil declining, there has been an economic down turn which haas caused many lath offs. i would happily work for Atco again
Incredible Team
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 6, 2016
The workday has a variety of tasks including guest relations, using computer skills, filing, quality control, etc. I have learned that I have talent in customer relations as I've been able to develop a very positive rapport with clients. Our team was very effective as we knew each other's strengths and weaknesses and were able to cooperate and work together to provide an unbeatable service. Working with our software program was challenging at first but with training, I was able to build up my speed and efficiency. The people - both my coworkers and our clients was such a rewarding part of my job.
Productive and fun workplace
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  ReginaJune 22, 2016
ATCO is a very good copany to work for they look after their staff and make sure everyone is treated as an equal. A typical day at work consisted of cleaning the clients rooms. i learned how to work fast and efficiently. the managment is great and my co-workers are more like friends. the hardest part of the job was dealing with some stubborn clients and the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet new people.
Not much opportunity for training
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKApril 13, 2016
Human Resources turns a blind eye to issues. Lower Management is not properly screened. Working for the company was great in the beginning. Once I was relocated to another job site things changed. There was a lot of foul play and no support for my position. I brought issues up to Human Resources who simply ignored me. At this camp there were poor organization skills
Great compensation, Safety is always first and they have a fitness gym
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2016
Working with ASL provided me with the different carpentry skills ranging from framing(floor, wall, etc) to final finishes(trimming, millwork, etc). The people and company festivities are great.
Fun place to work at the best of times.
Second Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABMay 26, 2016
Work atmosphere is good and so are the people. Need to be more responsive to employee request's by answering mail within the first 3days of receiving it.
Over all a good company to work for.
Great Training, good atmosphere
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 12, 2016
Great wages and benefits,Good training and safe working environment.Some lack of communication between chain of command. Job security leaves a little to be desired for.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Layoffs
productive
housekeeping supervisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKNovember 2, 2015
good experience
have found growth in the company
hard work
good management
building relationship
team work
personality development
learned how to manage
Great Company to work for
Health & Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  CNRL Richardson LodgeApril 19, 2016
ATCO is a big company and has some experienced staff to work with, I think that the longer they work in the Structures and Logistics division, the more solid they will be.
Fair Wage, Awful Culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 20, 2013
Internal advancement All jobs that could be filled by internal applicants are hired externally. Compensation is mid-level, some people get bonuses one year and not the next. It is not explained. Senior management is to detached to realize the damage the inexperienced middle management is doing until half the department is lost semi-annually due to turnover. Work assignments are segregated and bland. Co-workers are friendly, technology is out of date and the business does not support needed infrastructure. Do not recommend.
Pros
decent benefits and wages
Cons
awful middle management, low work life balance, no performance wage structure, ineffective technology
Productive, Focused, Team Enviroment
Territory Sales Manager - Hwy 427 to Windsor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON to WindsorNovember 2, 2015
Good team environment all the sales people had a common goal in mind and that's what's best for the branch and what's best for the company. Like any other company they had their ways of doing business your typical paper work and procedures that had to be followed. The after sales support was outstanding that individual had a very good understanding of the sales/operation role and the value it brought to the company.
Not a great place
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Jansen saskatchewanSeptember 15, 2015
Not one of the best places I have ever worked at, management was terrible. Discrimination was the order of the day . Independent of thought was a no no. You were to be seen not heard . sycophancy was the order of the day. I wouldn't work there again
Production Worker/Framer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
Great hours, safe place to work. They pay overtime and great benefit package. They have a union, and it is a enjoyable place to work.
High turnover - stay away
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 5, 2016
I was hired for one of the top positions at Atco S&L, I still regret it. Constant turnover, incredible back fighting. Not worth the interview effort.
Pros
Resonable pay
Cons
No support
very clicky, and no benefits,don't care about staff
exzective chef (Current Employee) –  albertaSeptember 22, 2013
After working for this company for 2 years, and found out that most of the camps are temporary, so all you get for benefits is drugs paid 80% and thats it, no other benefits.I was told directly that staff is not a priorty and to shut your mouth. not a good experience, the district regional manager is a lot of talk and promises and never comes through for anyone,Sleeping rooms and showers are very tight quarters 8x10, and share showers.food is ok and the staff are allways put down by management, never good enough,I am a certified chef.So if you are looking to work for a company that has some travel allowance,medical, dental, extended health,and good sleeping rooms with professional managers that take care and care of their employees I don't reccomend you apply at atco,for they dont care
Pros
free food
Cons
disconering managers for employees
Great team atmosphere.
Fire Services Consultant (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, OntarioMay 22, 2013
Working with the team at ATCO SL has been a very rewarding experience, I was able to advance through to the Fire Chiefs position on one of our projects very quickly. Management rewards those who are dedicated to seeing that the company succeeds on every front. My biggest challenge was being away from home quite a bit. The best part of the job has been the team atmosphere, I feel that a content work environment makes for a productive and succesful work place.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
time away from home.
Good place to work at
Senior Project Controls Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 14, 2014
Soul oil and gas market based company. If it has project its a good long day - management is cooperative, co-workers very good.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours when needed be
Great group of people
FINANCE & ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 2, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working for ATCO Structures & Logistics. I made life long friends and learnt a lot. It was long hours but the people made it home.
Pros
good wages for field work
Cons
no job security
Great People and Work enviroment
Operations Manager/team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 21, 2015
-most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with people on a day to day basis.
-Helping see a project to completion
-overseeing several employees
-Mentoring,coaching and training team members
drafting action plans and seeing the impact
-devoloping new analytics tools.

ATCO Structures and Logistics Reviews by Job Title