ATCO Structures and Logistics Employee Reviews

Poor managment
Lead Hand Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 January 2018
Management constantly made poor decisions regarding projects. company is based on oil doing well, which lead to lots of lay offs, no job security. General Foreman and upper management have very little technical experience which leads to poor decision making and over all very little understanding of proper procedures or how long things take to do. High turn over rate in the engineering and design department. Because of this projects are constantly designed with flaws and mistakes which would be easily caught with experienced and competent designers.
Good for returning qualified vets
Field Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2017
ATCO Structures disappeared along with some fine and not so fine management figures when swallowed up by the militaristic run Frontec (& logistics). Some will actually refer to you as a "good soldier" or not.
Great training, volunteer initiatives and some super people. Typical self preservation exists at upper levels and one tyrant who's sacrifices at the front line are always deemed necessary.

Good place to start if you are a veteran and skilled or qualified.
Pros
Steady work for most. Proven model for success. Military work. International.
Cons
Whole sub-depts change out every two years. Some shockingly poor leadership
Good opportunities
Construction Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2017
I enjoyed working for ATCO. I have worked within 2 of their organizations; Frontec and Structures & Logistics. I was fortunate to develop new skills in these challenging environments.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Big corporation
Great food and fun to work at
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Resolute Bay, NU16 November 2017
Working for ATCO Structures & Logistics made me learn a lot. While I was working for ATCO, I learnt a lot about carpentry, workplace safety, and how to cooperate with co-workers.
Pros
Free lunches and free desserts
Cons
Nice 10 hours of work
Material Handling
Material Handling (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2017
I enjoyed working for Atco
I was unfortunate to be one of the 400 that were let go in 2009

Proper training given for jobs

Before the big layoff Atco was a busy place to work with volunteer overtime
Pros
Friendly Less Stressful job
Cons
Company difficulties leading to overwhelming number of job losses
Tight Deadlines
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2017
management pushes tons of overtime only to send people home early once projects are completed. busy one day and slow the next. its understandable that work comes in waves but makes everyday interesting
Pros
scheduled workdays
Cons
management and future plans
Productive, challenging and fun.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB26 September 2017
Atco Structures and Logistics is an organization that has grown to be a competing force in the catering business. They have built a safety culture that is second to none in the industry.

Atco SL has a employee training programed that works well to offer new employees the best chance to success in there new role.

The management of the organization understand the value of quality services and empower all employees to work as a team and strive to reach new heights in service excellence

The best part of the work day is going to bed after a long day knowing that my responsibilities have been met to the best of my ability.
Pros
Freedom to run operations as if it were my business
Cons
21/7 rotations dose not provide a positive home life
not good
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2017
ATCO Structures was a company that hires a lot people and then let them all go once everything was done. They don't keep workers for a long period of time.
Pros
Cons
Long hours of work
great job lots of variety
Production Worker 2 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 September 2017
The job is demanding and fast paced but rewarding.Ability to work in different shops and learn new skills really gave me a different outlook on some of the other trades.
Pros
Great Safety Program
Cons
middle management can use improvement
A very good place to work. Without the on and off Lay off.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2017
I have no complains for this company except for the almost regular lay off that always happen in a yearly basis. Benifits are good as well as the management are always looking after everybody safety. Which creates a safely environment feeling that helps out on the daily basis.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Almost yearly lay off

Want to know more about ATCO Structures and Logistics?

Ask a question
Productive workplace with good coworkers
Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 August 2017
Good office space, and very smart people working there. Happy in the careers they have chosen. great working there just sad that they had to lay people off.
Great in the good times...
Supervisor Quality Assurance - Projects (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2017
I had the pleasure of working with some very competent people. The work life balance was good. Their salaries are on the low side, however, the benefits package was nice.

Started off with strong management when the economy was good but as the projects dried up the top-tier leadership vanished. Many of the decision makers were outsiders who were not familiar with the business and the day to day issues that we faced.
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
Lack of leadership
carpenter
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB2 July 2017
The work was good, did many different things. long hours. all PPE
co-workers were great. finishing the job was my favorite part. installing the finishing product.
Good company to work for
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2017
A diversified company and work culture is great. the company is very committed to the staff. Job security was good but it wasn't easy to move from one company to the other.
hard working always on time with schedule
Camp Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan29 June 2017
i worked well as a team or alone im very punctual with time an care of what i do, im a reliable person who is always willing to help out others in anyway.
Atco
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2017
ATCO is a worldwide leader in modular buildings and office trailers, workforce housing, camp & lodging services, facility operations and maintenance services.
productive workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 June 2017
I've learned lot of things in this company. My work experience here will be a great help for me to enter into a new career opportunities. The management is fair enough in dealing with employees performances.
good co workers to work with
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 May 2017
Do inventory control and update stock supply wherehouse, with needed supplies for production line ,Union base work.great bonus every year and party's .
Pros
big bonus 1, 000 dollars
Cons
union
Great money and skilled staff
Salad/Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 May 2017
A lot of staff got laid off when I worked there. The lodge I was at went union with CLAC which gave us an increase of pay but ended up laying off a lot of staff short noticed. fluctuation of client numbers went from 400 to 900 weekly and stayed at a medium on the weekend. Great pay and some great chefs and cooks with high standards and skills worked there but the rest of the staff were inexperienced and struggled to work with the minimal skills they had. Best paying camp job Ive worked at. I would work there again.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Job security
Fun and learn new things
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 May 2017
It is my pleasure to work in ATCO fun environment and to be able to learn new things. The culture of this company is great and everyone I worked with was amazing.