ATCO I-TEK Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Place
Level V Charge and Statement Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2015
Fun work environment, learning new things and have a chance to learn new skills daily. Great opportunity to move up. Would have loved to stay but the company lost the contract.
7 Years of employment. Good opportunities
Call Quality Representative, Level V (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 23, 2015
Good job oportunities, good environment.
I truly enjoyed working for one of the ATCO companies. It allowed me to learn about Canadian Utilities.
Developed coaching skills.
Enjoyable place to work
Workforce Analyst and Time Keeper (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 13, 2014
Over my years at this company I have enjoyed working here. It is a very dynamic environment with new challenges almost every day.

A typical day at work for me was planning and executing call center schedules for 60+ agents, balancing work needs with a work-life balance for the agents.

The hardest part of the job was having many different people making unexpected changes to the plans of the call center each day as it was my job to make it all come together successfully at the end of the day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my planning and hard work come together to successfully save the company money, provide fair scheduling for the agents and meet company contractual obligations.
Conservative, family-oriented and fun workplace with table tennis table
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 31, 2014
This is a family owned business that serves the community for years with the energy distribution. The company not only serves the Albertans but also helps the employee's family members with different kinds of program. One of the enjoyable program is the sons and daughters program which helps the employee's children to gain work experience from the company. Also, it helps the employee's children with Bursary for their education.
The management team arranged a lot of team building activities to provide fun at the workplace. There were 2 management organized social event each year. One is the BBQ party in May and the other is the Christmas Party in December.
The company is pretty conservative and is not easy to come up with an investment plan to grow the company. In this way, it is hard to gain new customer and new business.
Pros
conservative but stable grow in energy business but not on it product
Cons
no directions on how to grow the company with an investment plan
Great place to work, fun atmosphere
WORKSTATION SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 21, 2013
Cant complain about working with ATCO I-tek wish the contract was longer.
Good people to work with
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 5, 2013
Excellent atmosphere, variety of applications to support, opportunity for knowledge advancement, outstanding benefits packages
Job recognition, excellent company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 21, 2013
Atco Group of Companies i recommend
You received Employee Recognition
Excellent Benefits and Pension Plan
Pros
excellent company
Cons
call centre work
Learned a lot at ATCO I-Tek.
SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 6, 2013
I start my work at 7:30 and work until 16:00 hrs.
I sometime stay back if any extra work or pending work.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
would have liked more transparent work reviews
Was a Contractor
Consultant (Former Employee) –  EdmontonNovember 1, 2012
Good place to work, friendly management. Very complex system.
Pros
management host bbq, and christmas
Cons
work under pressure in tight control environment

4.3