ATCO Gas

ATCO Gas Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun place to work in
Distribution Design Student Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: location, free tickets to events, free lunches, friendly co-workers and community involvement.
Cons: rigid hours and no overtime, but as an intern, i was able to bank my hours.
The people in ATCO Gas are friendly. Everyone will make you feel welcome. My day was never boring. You learn something new everyday, and the workers are more than willing to share their knowledge. The management was fair. There were a lot of team building activities and the company was always involved in the community.
I enjoyed doing the pipeline design, – more... coordinating with the utilities and stakeholders involved. The hard part was trying to meet all the stakeholder's requirement, which sometimes conflict. But the challenges make the job interesting. – less
Very well run company. Established
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 9, 2014
I learnt many things about residential gas. Main lines and residential services. The salary and benefits are amazing.
Collections
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaFebruary 25, 2013
Cons: long hours
Doing followups on unpaid past due accounts
Taking phone calls and setting up payment arrangements with customers
Good environment to work in
Meter Reader (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 6, 2012
Great people to work with and there are always events going on that make it a fun office to work in.
Atco Gas
Reception Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2012
Pros: monday-friday schedule, good hourly rate, and co-workers were great people.
Cons: no job stability. business was outsourced.
My daily tasks at this job were answering inbound calls from customers inquiring about their accounts, scheduling appointments, meter reads, billing info etc.

I have learned a lot about furnaces and meter reads. Which is quite interesting. As well as how the weather effects our usage.

Management were really good, always giving us coaching if we needed – more... it. We could always talk to them if we had concerns. They were very strict about the job and how we handled the calls which I think is good. They always make sure we were all giving 100% to the customers.

My co-workers were great. It was a small office so we all got along good.

The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with the irate customers and customers who didn't speak well on the phone.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers. Feeling appreciated by management. – less