ATCO Electric Employee Review

View all ATCO Electric reviews

Too much drama, miserable fellow employees and terrible shifts (10/3)
Remote Stock Keeper (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 December 2013
A good company, but one manager quit in disgust and his boss was fired which lead to a lot of confusion. I was hired at a given level which one long time employee took great exception to, telling people external to the company I "was paid too much" and "was useless". Coming from someone who spent a number of cold winter days watching the rest of us work from a warm truck while smoking cigarettes therein you probably get the picture. He had a lip on from day one beause he did not hire me nor was I beholden to him. Nor would he take direction from his supervisor. Constant non stop drama and a horrible work schedule of 10 on three off with 12 hour days made for a dismal personal life; the only thing benefitting was my bank account. Other people working for the same outfit were on more decent schedules eg 8 and 6. There are other opportunities out there. I think this was a good company to work for if a decent position is found. I decided to cut my losses and quit with two weeks notice.
Pros
Lots of overtime, all expenses paid on the road
Cons
Terrible shifts when everyone else seems to get more time off, drama, backstabbing

Other ATCO Electric Employee Reviews

overall good work experience,
Powerline Surveyor Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Northern Alberta16 January 2018
overall good work experience, majority of coworkers easy to get along with.
Upper management is dysfunctional and out of touch, very elitist.
HR does not like to talk in person but will answer emails.
Average benefits, but does have a good share purchase policy and RRSP contributions
Pros
good share purchase policy and RRSP contributions
Cons
Upper management is dysfunctional and out of touch, very elitist
To be added later
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2018
The review will be added at a later date when the information has been gone through thru. At that time all required fields will be completed as requested.