ATCO Electric Employee Review

View all ATCO Electric reviews

Too much drama, miserable fellow employees and terrible shifts (10/3)
Remote Stock Keeper (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 December 2013
A good company, but one manager quit in disgust and his boss was fired which lead to a lot of confusion. I was hired at a given level which one long time employee took great exception to, telling people external to the company I "was paid too much" and "was useless". Coming from someone who spent a number of cold winter days watching the rest of us work from a warm truck while smoking cigarettes therein you probably get the picture. He had a lip on from day one beause he did not hire me nor was I beholden to him. Nor would he take direction from his supervisor. Constant non stop drama and a horrible work schedule of 10 on three off with 12 hour days made for a dismal personal life; the only thing benefitting was my bank account. Other people working for the same outfit were on more decent schedules eg 8 and 6. There are other opportunities out there. I think this was a good company to work for if a decent position is found. I decided to cut my losses and quit with two weeks notice.
Pros
Lots of overtime, all expenses paid on the road
Cons
Terrible shifts when everyone else seems to get more time off, drama, backstabbing

Other ATCO Electric Employee Reviews

Na
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 October 2017
Dynamic wok environment. Fantastic company to work for. Plenty of opportunity to grow professionally and learn new skills. Adaptive to change is a must.
ATCO provides an amazing experience to learn and advance
Apparatus Student (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2017
I have nothing bad to say about my time with ATCO. They gave me valuable field experience and the management was superb. Would recommend to anyone who is looking to work there