ATCO Electric Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to learn, Very helpful envorinment
Powerline Technician Apprentice (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: 4 day work weeks
Atco was a great place for an aspiring lineman. There was a great learning culture there, and everyone took the time to help make sure you understood the task at hand. Safety was first and foremost.
Great well paced and personal company
Operator / Lead (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 8, 2016
Great experience
Good wage
Great safety
Lots of training
Good benefits

lack of ability and positions to become full time, and was given a zero time notice lay off.
Safe and Educational
Summer Student (Former Employee), Stettler, ABJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Great job site safety, Per Diem, Double pay on overtime
I had a very good experience while I worked at ATCO. The employees on the crew were very good about maintaining a safe and educational work environment.
good work environment
CLERK III (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABDecember 30, 2015
ATCO is one of the best employers and has given it's employees the best benefits one could ever have. It's a great experience to be a part of this organization.
good company to work for
Senior Site Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Northern Alberta,BCDecember 27, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: long hours
Atco is a company that has excellent leadership and job controls. The supervisors are a pleasure to work with, the hours are long but good clean work
Work environment was not all that.
Powerline Technician (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABDecember 14, 2015
Pros: hourly rate was good
Cons: Lack of overtime
Working here was well below my skill level from my previous job. My co-workers are stuck in their old ways and refuse to learn other ways that would make work life easier. It was way different from what i was use to on a day to day basis and intern had to make a lot of changes to my work behavior to accommodate that of my co-workers.
Productive and excellent experience
16 Months Field Operational Planning Intern (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABDecember 5, 2015
An excellent place to work. Learned a lot and great co-workers. Lots of help available. Great management. The work was challenging and interesting.
Productive and fun
Construction Planning Engineer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 3, 2015
Easy going Management
No job security
Favourism
Typical day involves completion of your day to day task required for the project.
Nice work place
Project Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2015
Lot of work to do. Good opportunity to learn so many things people don't get motivated. Recognition of people's hard work is very poor.
Meet a lot of good people.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 5, 2015
Pros: Worked offend with team.
Cons: Travel on Icy roads
Do up daily work plan, tailboard meeting. Give out material for line crews to do work for day. ( transmission construction ). document the material on computer and pick material that is needed for next day. Working as a team is important. Very physical work at times. the best part of it was working with a lot of good knowledgeable people, learned a lot from these people.
Atco electric
Clerk III (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 4, 2015
Work experience was great
they provide lots of training
pay is really good
management is just ok depends which department
got laid off without any notice
average
Field Checker (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 30, 2015
Friendly place to work, but the pay isn't great and the company has no respect for its workers. I would not recommend or ever go back.
Great group of people, family like atmosphere.
Draftsperson II (Former Employee), Fort McmurraySeptember 21, 2015
Pros: Family first company
Cons: No job security
Creating Preliminary drawings of crown land for power line easements. Creating Individual Ownership Plans (IOP) for land owners. Creating vegetation control plans, and creating pipeline crossing drawings. I assist co-workers with AutoCAD questions and help to try to solve any issues they are having with AutoCAD.
Co-workers were great
Admin Assistanr (Former Employee), EdmontonSeptember 21, 2015
Really enjoyed meet new people, enjoyed all the new challenges, all my co-workers. I enjoyed working in oracle and learning new changes with every update.
good place to work but always trying to save a dollar
SENIOR WAREHOUSEMAN (Former Employee), Edmonton,AB(Remote locations)September 8, 2015
Pros: great people in the feild
Cons: lack of comucation
-Good place to work but all about the bottom line.
-To munch red tape and politics, to hard to try and make any changes
-Best part of the day would be the great people I worked with in the field
BAD, BAD, BAD COMPANY-DONOT EVER WORK HERE
Assistant Transmission Operator (Former Employee), Vegreville, ABAugust 1, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: Management Is Condescending, & STUPID.
Worked for ATCO Electric for a While -HAD TO QUIT. Management IS PYSHCO!!!!!! Managers will "STAB YOU IN THE BACK", to make themselves LOOK GOOD!!! Supervisors are the Same. If you are a smart worker and Know your Job, donot work for ATCO. All levels of management will Resent you. then make you look BAD. then try to Fire you. So you have to QUIT!
god company
Power line Technician (Former Employee), Slave Lake, ABJuly 14, 2015
Pros: big company and stability
Cons: lack of tools and equipement
a company with a lot of need of safety , god workers , god management , in need of more resources like tools and equipment, well organized crews, well organized training, god facilities
Tight knit group of very caring people
Draftsman (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 10, 2015
The group I worked at was composed of some of the kindest people. They care about you and want to help. They listened to my concerns and took my suggestions seriously even though I was just a student.
Loved working for ATCO Electric but...
Executive Assistant, Land Access Department (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great work culture and environment peer-to-peer and inter departmental.
Cons: Poor Top-Down management and lack of 360 feedback.
The department and interdepartmental staff I worked with were the some of the best co-workers I had the pleasure of supporting in my career. The ATCO Group culture of community service brought balance and enhanced the the work experience. Unfortunately, I had the misfortune of working under a director (who no longer works for ATCO Electric Ltd.) who had poor executive management and delegation skills. He was good at getting work done at a front-line level but relied heavily on his direct reports to do the director-level reporting and responsibilities. His lack of foresight and poor follow-up for championing staff brought down the department. As an experienced Executive Assistant I offered to help in many ways and he did not utilize me to my full potential then dismissed me at the first opportunity.
Sneaky Company, Sneaky Lay-offs
Admin Clerk III (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 14, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: back breaking workload
The job was great until about a year ago they decided to lay workers off and overload the remaining workers. My job was very manageable until they cut many admin staff and gave me 3 peoples workload. Very stressed in the end