ATB Financial Employee Reviews

ESB Integration Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2016
had typical day at the time of core go-live but we enjoyed it. Learned lots of SAP Banking system.management is pretty support for work life balance.
Creating Happiness
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 April 2016
Managing a dynamic, interesting, and involving workplace. The work included many community engagement events raising the profile of ATB Financial in the community.
Pros
Autonomy
Stressful Work Environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 March 2016
Going into work was always a struggle. On an average day you would take up to 60 calls. Over half of which were negative. I learned that patience is virtue. I learned that things will happen that I have no control over. I felt that the management team didn't have their employees backs. If you wanted anything it would have to be put through the union. My co workers felt the same. The hardest part of this job was getting up in the morning. You never knew what the day was going to hold. Smoke break was the most enjoyable part of my day.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
long hours, no life work balance
Great work life balance with exceptional management and job culture.
Account Officer (Student Internship) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2016
Absolutely amazing bank to work for, with lots of room to advance. Management is very organized within the company, and most enjoyable part of the job was the exciting new opportunities I was presented with each day.
Great Team to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 March 2016
Great team to work with, just not interested in banking. Day to day activities included client transactions ex: deposits, withdrawal, transfers, and guiding customers with finances.
Employee Benefits and Good Culture
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta25 February 2016
The company employed an excellent Work Life Balance for the majority of the work force. This was dependent on the role you had. Their model of allowing individuals to work off site provided a great culture of allowing the individual to concentrate on thier work and to take care of their personal life.

The benefits were pretty good in the way that it was a Flexible Benefit package and a pension plan.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Table Tennis, Foosball
Cons
Senior and mid level Manager not understanding processes.
No support with other associates taking leads from you, no team work, no support within the branch
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2016
No team work and no support within the branch
Other associates take leads that don't belong to them
Culture is negative and you can't even talk to your associates without them complaining
Everything that I was told ATB was is not the same
You are pretty much on your own
Negative vibe in the branch
Stressful everyday to perform when associates take your own leads
ATB is not the place to be nor is it a top employer that supports their staff
Excellent family-like work environment
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2016
Just like working in a family business where everyone is so warm and helpful. There is a lack of experienced and knowledgeable people due to the less competitive market.
No work-life balance
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 February 2016
Difficult work-life balance. Matured methodology is not used due to lack of defined processes in certain areas. Due to difficult economy the work pressure increased a lot.
Excellent compensation
Personal Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2016
Money was excellent, however, it wasn't comsistently rewarding good work ethic, instead of management being constructive in my last year there, I found it condesending and bullying in a sense. First two years were excellent with excellent management.
Pros
Good Income
Cons
Didn't feel appreciated my last year there.
Great place to work!
CREDIT SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 December 2015
Loved working at ATB. Amazing staff and co-workers. Lot's of room for growth and advancement. Pay could have been a bit better and commissions.
Pros
free lunches, great leadership
Cons
not enough pay
Work Experience Placement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 December 2015
A typical day working at ATB would be to fill in the stock in the kitchen, answer emails, conduct mailouts, update data entries, filing, etc. I learned a lot about Anti-Money Laundering, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, etc. The management and co-workers were all very friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of the job was trying to time-management all the tasks that have to get done. The most enjoyable parts have been the activities that have happened throughout and being apart of a huge conference.
Pros
Free lunches and fun activities
Cons
Work Experience
A great place to work
Jr. Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2015
Was a great place to develop skills that would take me elsewhere. Management tried but could have been better developed. Pay was low but benefits were great. Amazing people and experiences.
Good Culture and Benefits - System Challenging
Credit Analyst / Commercial Real Estate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 November 2015
ATB has a wonderful culture and they have very good benefits.

They seem to have system challenges that make working inefficient or complicated at times.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorsby, AB16 November 2015
It was a good place to work .I enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers. There was def room for learning,but I chose to leave this position to foster full time.
Story Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2015
ATB was a wonderful place to work. Amazing flexibility and work life balance and was able to partake in some very rewarding projects
9-5 job in a decent environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  edmonton alberta13 October 2015
Decent job. Very consistent and regular. Ease to build a schedule around. Could get tedious at times. The management is encouraging and want you to succeed and grow. Started to feel gross knowing that part of my income was coming from people who were crippled by debt. It was hard working for an organization that is build around getting people to take money even if they couldn't necessarily afford it. Not specific to ATB, just to bank jobs in general.
Pros
Consistent work (hours, payment, tasks)
Cons
could be tedious or menial
Great staff, community focus.
Enterprise Information Architect (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2015
The best part of working at ATB Financial was the people you worked with. ATB seems to attract great staff. Another great part of ATB was it's focus on community events and improvement.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Executive Decision Making
Awesomeness at its' best !
Secretary I (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 October 2015
I enjoyed working at ATB Financial years ago, from when I was at the Calgary corporate office, I recalled plenty of learning opportunities there and really got to know what it takes to be a Credit / Special Debts aka Asset Management manager

I loved the managers' pep talks and salad days!

Pros
educational, benefits, pay, travel, perks
Good workplace to be in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB29 September 2015
Wonderful co-worker environment; super friendly
Good for giving last minute emergency day off
Takes care of their employees very well
High level of respect