ATB Financial Employee Reviews

Overall good people to work with
Lead Supply Chain Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 17, 2013
Overall the company had good people to work with, everyone was working towards common goals and tried to help each other out as much as possible.

A typical day at work was replying to emails, discussing projects, and meetings of various types.

I learnt a great deal about vendor management, supplier relationship management, and networking both external & internal.

My coworkers were amazing and I could always rely on them, whereas management was not very visible as part of my job and didn't provide quality feedback.
Pros
flexible work environment, good work/life balance when required
Cons
poor management feedback & job security
Productive work enviroment
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, ABSeptember 28, 2015
ATB has good work life balance, good company to work for, not a lot of room to advance in the region that I work in. The branch atmosphere is good work in just looking for a different challenge
Pros
Flexible hours, Work life Balance
Story Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 20, 2015
ATB was a wonderful place to work. Amazing flexibility and work life balance and was able to partake in some very rewarding projects
Great Company
Card Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 16, 2014
ATB is a great company to work. They have great benefits and they really care about their employees.
Pros
work environment, co-workers
Cons
long hours, mentally exhausting
GREAT company to work for
Service Support Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 5, 2013
Employee's are treated fairly. Awesome benefits, great company to work for. Tons of room for advancement. Would love to go back.
benefits
Cons
pay structure could be improved
Great staff, community focus.
Enterprise Information Architect (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 6, 2015
The best part of working at ATB Financial was the people you worked with. ATB seems to attract great staff. Another great part of ATB was it's focus on community events and improvement.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Executive Decision Making
Fun work place. Lots of diversity and great people
CSR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 29, 2015
Typical day at work would be processing transactions, dealing with customers, guiding them into the best banking decisions for them. I learned people skills, Learned how to make great sales and how to have fun at work! Management was Ok. Seemed unfair at times but overall it was ok. My co-workers were the best couldn't have asked for a better CSR team. Hardest part of the job was to make no mistakes. AT ALL. Most enjoyable was working with all different types of people and working with our CSR team made work even better!
Pros
great hours
Cons
management
Review
Personal Banking Specialist Level (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 17, 2014
Very Good Place to work
Great Benefits
Great Culture
All over Alberta
A fun place to work
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  CanadaJuly 3, 2014
A very friendly work place with competitive compensation and good benefits.
Productive and professional atmostphere
Project Coordinator / Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 28, 2015
As a Project Coordinator, I learned about delivery framework and exactly how a PM conducts a software change into the system.
Pros
atonomy
Cons
management didn't quite understand that PC is a junior PM.
Fun at work
MasterCard Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 10, 2015
A typical day at work is me arriving there about 10 minutes before my shift, starting up the computer while talking to everyone around me of how their day is going. Then i look into my emails and see what is new what has changed and what needs to be done. The part that i love about my job is that the managers there treat us with respect, they don't make us feel insecure.
Pros
getting the shifts you want
Cons
pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorsby, ABNovember 16, 2015
It was a good place to work .I enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers. There was def room for learning,but I chose to leave this position to foster full time.
Fun place to work
Card Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 3, 2014
Schedule was flexible and the benefits were great.
High individual and team goals.
Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 15, 2013
Great people, interesting work. Very relaxed environment.
Pros
flying benefits
Cons
low wages
Bank work, cold long days.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2015
Lots of receptive motion. Sitting most of the day. Sore eyes. Constantly dealing with people that are upset about there money. Co workers were friendly enough but the overall atmosphere was poor. Management was over worked.
Pros
Consistent working hours
Cons
Poor pay
Company lets you create your own career path
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 7, 2015
company let's you create your own career path whether it be in the retail financial services or another department; Executive Management has a very "young" and "vibrant" leadership style that promotes empowerment rather than limiting "policies"
Expensive training
Investment advisor (Former Employee) –  Grande prairie abApril 19, 2013
Atb spends a lot of money training their employees hosting expensive welcome ceremonies where they give out books, ice cream and everyone has a great time. My welcome and 3-4 months of training were lavish. I thought I had joined a great company.
After the training was done there was a lot of pressure to perform. This was during the 2008 investment bust. As an investment professional I had a certain amount of mutual funds to sell each week. If a customer came in to redeem their funds it counted against my goal. I worked at a branch that hadn't had a investment professional in years. None of the other bankers sold funds. It was a bad situation. Not long after that atb decided to switch most roles like mine to video call centres. They didn't fire me but... I was told I should quit by someone in upper management. I was so embarrassed and crushed that I did. I didn't realize I would have qualified for ei if I had made them fire me.
Pros
great initial training
Cons
no job security/sales goals not adjusted based on current events
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  CalgaryDecember 4, 2012
I loved working there.It was my first experience working in a bank and I was made feel welcom by everyone and right away felt comfortable in my surroundings.
The job itself was fun as I was constantly learning and the management continued to offer advancement courses to staff also
Pros
great staff
Cons
Amazing people working hard for there customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  LloydminsterSeptember 9, 2015
What an amazing place to work. Best people and even after leaving there I am still friends with the current staff. They are always willing to go the extra mile to make a client happy.
Pros
Willing to go the extra mile
Cons
open nights
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 23, 2015
Good place to work. Being here for almost 7 years proves that.
Inclusive culture and flexible schedules help with work life balance