ATB Financial Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
CREDIT SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 December 2015
Loved working at ATB. Amazing staff and co-workers. Lot's of room for growth and advancement. Pay could have been a bit better and commissions.
Pros
free lunches, great leadership
Cons
not enough pay
Positive and friendly work environment.
Experience Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 July 2015
Positive and friendly work environment.
Great environment to learn and develop my interaction skills with staff and customers while maintaining a professional atmosphere and attitude.
The company provided excellent opportunities to help various charitable organizations throughout the community.
Pros
Excellent staff and work environment
Fun work place. Lots of diversity and great people
CSR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2015
Typical day at work would be processing transactions, dealing with customers, guiding them into the best banking decisions for them. I learned people skills, Learned how to make great sales and how to have fun at work! Management was Ok. Seemed unfair at times but overall it was ok. My co-workers were the best couldn't have asked for a better CSR team. Hardest part of the job was to make no mistakes. AT ALL. Most enjoyable was working with all different types of people and working with our CSR team made work even better!
Pros
great hours
Cons
management
Challenging and rewarding environment
CS Specialist - Customer Contact Center (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB25 June 2015
This was a part time position, and was a great time to learn and grow within the company.
I have worked both for the Customer Contact Center as well as in branch for this financial institution.
It was a very supportive and encouraging climate.
I received several awards complimenting my work ethic and my humor from team members.
From this position I was promoted to full time.
Pros
Benefits and happy work climate
Cons
N/A
Good Culture and Benefits - System Challenging
Credit Analyst / Commercial Real Estate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 November 2015
ATB has a wonderful culture and they have very good benefits.

They seem to have system challenges that make working inefficient or complicated at times.
A great place to work
Jr. Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2015
Was a great place to develop skills that would take me elsewhere. Management tried but could have been better developed. Pay was low but benefits were great. Amazing people and experiences.
Great staff, community focus.
Enterprise Information Architect (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2015
The best part of working at ATB Financial was the people you worked with. ATB seems to attract great staff. Another great part of ATB was it's focus on community events and improvement.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Executive Decision Making
Amazing people working hard for there customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster9 September 2015
What an amazing place to work. Best people and even after leaving there I am still friends with the current staff. They are always willing to go the extra mile to make a client happy.
Pros
Willing to go the extra mile
Cons
open nights
Hard working teams
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2015
- very busy and demanding days
- team and individual input is welcomed
- Co-workers were great people and worked very hard during SAP conversion and after conversion
- Many changes transpiring within the organization and restructuring is still happening in the operations area- jobs being eliminated
- Many of the good executive team are gone and moved onto other organizations or jobs as well as some of the other managers - position eliminated - many with good knowledge and expertise are gone
- Pay was good considering the number of hours and additional hours one performed daily
- Fun events held within units and good benefits
Pros
Learning is non stop and hands on
Great company with a clear vision & great employee benefits
Personal banking specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton1 July 2015
Know where they want their company to be & how to achieve their goals.
Great employee benefits- wish salary was more than what it is.
Room for advancement in small towns is limited.
Can be stressful if you are not meeting your targets- ATB gives you support to try achieve your goals.
Bank work, cold long days.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2015
Lots of receptive motion. Sitting most of the day. Sore eyes. Constantly dealing with people that are upset about there money. Co workers were friendly enough but the overall atmosphere was poor. Management was over worked.
Pros
Consistent working hours
Cons
Poor pay
Productive work enviroment
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB28 September 2015
ATB has good work life balance, good company to work for, not a lot of room to advance in the region that I work in. The branch atmosphere is good work in just looking for a different challenge
Pros
Flexible hours, Work life Balance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorsby, AB16 November 2015
It was a good place to work .I enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers. There was def room for learning,but I chose to leave this position to foster full time.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
CSR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 January 2015
Love my job, lots of great things to look forward to, but find it hard to move up the ranks due to certain branch politics or management playing "favorites". All around great place to have a career in the financial industry. ATB has a great corporate culture and does numerous charitable/community events
Pros
Amazing employee benefits, staff parties, work/life balance, enjoyable environment
Cons
Harder to advance, more competitive than actually being promoted on your individual performance
Productive and professional atmostphere
Project Coordinator / Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2015
As a Project Coordinator, I learned about delivery framework and exactly how a PM conducts a software change into the system.
Pros
atonomy
Cons
management didn't quite understand that PC is a junior PM.
Great environment to work in and with a gym
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2014
Day to Day is tasks are account managing for clients and just bringing a great aurora to work and passing that to the client making the experience better.
I feel everyday you should start with the thought of I am going to learn something new today and then it is a very productive day.
Interacting with managers and co-workers is what is best about working with this company as you get to meet some really interesting people and share idea's, information, knowledge everyday.
Cons
Shifts change weekly
Mickey Mouse Managers
Head Office (Former Employee) –  Calgary24 January 2014
Although ATB has improved it's marketing presence considerably to be seen as a forward thinking, innovative and remarkable company - those who have worked for them understand that it is a quite unremarkable place to be for anyone who considers themselves to be a professional.

The best part of the day is lunch. ATB has a strong commitment to the community which is impressive but could afford to place some of their profits into better salaries and training of management.

The location is good as you are outside of the downtown core and is accessible. If you have a family to support or value your job, I would reconsider your application to this organization.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poorly skilled managers
Great company with room for growth and advancement
Customer Service Specalist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2014
Typical day at work involves processing transactions for customers, setting up appointments for personal bankers and selling banking products to new and existing customers. You learn the ins and outs or basic banking as well as have the opportunity to learn advanced skills to further your employment and/or better your service to your customers.
Pros
Great benefits, unionized, multiple options for advancement
Cons
Poor scheduling
Overall good people to work with
Lead Supply Chain Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2013
Overall the company had good people to work with, everyone was working towards common goals and tried to help each other out as much as possible.

A typical day at work was replying to emails, discussing projects, and meetings of various types.

I learnt a great deal about vendor management, supplier relationship management, and networking both external & internal.

My coworkers were amazing and I could always rely on them, whereas management was not very visible as part of my job and didn't provide quality feedback.
Pros
flexible work environment, good work/life balance when required
Cons
Poor management feedback & job security
We work in a new building were they are providing recreational activities during lunch hour
special arrangements clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2013
Answering Emails and completing requests.
Doing reports for customers so they may have special arrangements.
I have learned how to manage my work load in a day.
Management is usually understanding.
Co-workers are easy to get along with.
Figuring out how to implement procedures on customers accountts as we have a new system in.
The most enjoyable part of the job is variety.
Pros
free gift certificates