ATB Financial

ATB Financial Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company
Retail Financial Services Officer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 2, 2013
I enjoyed working with ATB because it challenged me with different credit scenarios everyday.
Self Driven
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rocky Mountain House, ABApril 28, 2013
Self driven manage your future. Great values. Up lifting career choices. Management supports staff
GREAT COMPANY BUT STAY AWAY FROM THE SALES DEP
Inbound Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2013
This is a great company but the CCC Sales department is run by a moron called Gupreet Deol. This guy has no leadership qualities and he tries to run the department through autocratic means . His right wing person Le Steele does not know what the hell is going on and that's why that department has such a high employee turnover . This is a sales department but we constantly have to be explaining statement issues. The credit coaches are all confused and have no consistency in their audit.
Expensive training
Investment advisor (Former Employee), Grande prairie abApril 19, 2013
Pros: great initial training
Cons: no job security/sales goals not adjusted based on current events
Atb spends a lot of money training their employees hosting expensive welcome ceremonies where they give out books, ice cream and everyone has a great time. My welcome and 3-4 months of training were lavish. I thought I had joined a great company.
After the training was done there was a lot of pressure to perform. This was during the 2008 investment bust. As an investment professional I had a certain amount of mutual funds to sell each week. If a customer came in to redeem their funds it counted against my goal. I worked at a branch that hadn't had a investment professional in years. None of the other bankers sold funds. It was a bad situation. Not long after that atb decided to switch most roles like mine to video call centres. They didn't fire me but... I was told I should quit by someone in upper management. I was so embarrassed and crushed that I did. I didn't realize I would have qualified for ei if I had made them fire me.
Productive and fun work place
Loan Service Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMarch 7, 2013
Started at 8:15 am worked on processing loans. Learnt how to process loans. Co-workers were fun to work with very quiet environment.
Fun and Productivity
Business Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: free bank accounts
Cons: long hours
Dealing with customers in regards to their financial and banking needs.
Not bad
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2013
At the time I worked there I was not very happy. Im sure a lot has changed since then but I would not recomend this company.
Senior Manager, Business Marketing (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2013
While there is inconsitent culture between departments, it is generally a good place to work.
We work in a new building were they are providing recreational activities during lunch hour
special arrangements clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: free gift certificates
Answering Emails and completing requests.
Doing reports for customers so they may have special arrangements.
I have learned how to manage my work load in a day.
Management is usually understanding.
Co-workers are easy to get along with.
Figuring out how to implement procedures on customers accountts as we have a new system in.
The most enjoyable part of the job is variety.
We have monthly activities
Loan Service Clerk (Current Employee), CalgaryJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: free coffee/tea
Cons: with overtime
I have learned a lot like dealing different kinds of people and on how to process renewals and maintence processing, we have lots of fun, we have huddle every two weeks and lots of recognition. New tasks that I can handle. Stress out.
Good benefits
SR Customer Service Rep Investments (Former Employee), Thorsby, ABDecember 20, 2012
Lots of high expectations, banking is too focused on sales, not service.
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), CalgaryDecember 4, 2012
Pros: great staff
Cons: long hours
I loved working there.It was my first experience working in a bank and I was made feel welcom by everyone and right away felt comfortable in my surroundings.
The job itself was fun as I was constantly learning and the management continued to offer advancement courses to staff also
Good Position
Customer Service Representative- Full Time (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 30, 2012
I learned about customer service, fraudulent activity, bounced payments, and referring customers appropriately to the right departments.
Fun place to work, but stability of job is a bit unsecured
JUNIOR OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: friendly, fair
Cons: unsecured job
Flexible time as arranged with the team leader. I have a dynamic team members, my team lead is fun to be with.

Pressure on sales are absolutely not present
Professional atmosphere, good location
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: free lunches/snacks/etc, amazing holiday parties and event perks
In this job I learned much about professionalism in a corporate level setting. My coworkers were helpful, respectful, and very focused with the job.

The location of the office was right in the middle of Calgary (Alberta, Canada) downtown and I absolutely adored the commute to and from work.
Good company
Online Banking Rep /Receptionist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 19, 2012
Great culture and opportunities to grow ... Excellent training ....
Not a bad place to work
Customer service rep (Current Employee), Edmonton, anSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: free coffee
Cons: terrible to help internal employees move up
Hard to work your way up. The new extended hours going to terrible. Good people. Achievable targets.
Great place to work and great people to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABAugust 30, 2012
ATB provide many opportunities for self approvement and I had the privilege of working with some of the finest people I know today.
Excellent employer!
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Magrath, ABAugust 22, 2012
This is what work life should be like. The training was always fantastic with clear cut expectations. The people in each branch (and I've worked in several) were all pleasant and easy to get along with. I hope to be back working for ATB Financial in the very near future!
This was an okay place to work,
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 4, 2012
Cons: long hours
I worked at the photo counter, but it was very hard to work there at times,

About ATB Financial

ATB Financial ("ATB") is a full-service financial institution headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. ATB is the – Read more