ATB Financial Employee Reviews

Productive work enviroment
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB28 September 2015
ATB has good work life balance, good company to work for, not a lot of room to advance in the region that I work in. The branch atmosphere is good work in just looking for a different challenge
Pros
Flexible hours, Work life Balance
Great Benefits
Customer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB21 September 2015
Out of all the places I have worked for ATB has an amazing benefit plan for their employees as well as lots of fun events throughout the year.
benefits
Cons
hours
Great Place for a Career
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB14 September 2015
ATB Financial was great place to work.
Hardest was putting in extra hours and not get paid
Most enjoyable was helping others
Pros
Benefits were awesome
Cons
No overtime paid for extra hours worked
Fun at work
MasterCard Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2015
A typical day at work is me arriving there about 10 minutes before my shift, starting up the computer while talking to everyone around me of how their day is going. Then i look into my emails and see what is new what has changed and what needs to be done. The part that i love about my job is that the managers there treat us with respect, they don't make us feel insecure.
Pros
getting the shifts you want
Cons
pay
Amazing people working hard for there customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster9 September 2015
What an amazing place to work. Best people and even after leaving there I am still friends with the current staff. They are always willing to go the extra mile to make a client happy.
Pros
Willing to go the extra mile
Cons
open nights
Bank work, cold long days.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2015
Lots of receptive motion. Sitting most of the day. Sore eyes. Constantly dealing with people that are upset about there money. Co workers were friendly enough but the overall atmosphere was poor. Management was over worked.
Pros
Consistent working hours
Cons
Poor pay
Top 50 employers to work for.....
Senior Facilities Manager of Corporate Properties (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 July 2015
ATB has been a great company to work for they put me through school at Tulane, I have a car allowance with expense account, I have an underground parking paid for, I get a performance bonus with a great salary.... So why am I looking for a career elsewhere?
Advancement... nowhere to go... my boss is not going to retire anytime soon.. either is our managing director. I need to move to a company that I can grow with so they can reach their growth potential. I am a self starter with strong operational and project management skill set that would be an asset to any company portfolio.
Pros
great salary, top 50 employer, great facilities
Cons
no advancement
Positive and friendly work environment.
Experience Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 July 2015
Positive and friendly work environment.
Great environment to learn and develop my interaction skills with staff and customers while maintaining a professional atmosphere and attitude.
The company provided excellent opportunities to help various charitable organizations throughout the community.
Pros
Excellent staff and work environment
Great company with a clear vision & great employee benefits
Personal banking specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton1 July 2015
Know where they want their company to be & how to achieve their goals.
Great employee benefits- wish salary was more than what it is.
Room for advancement in small towns is limited.
Can be stressful if you are not meeting your targets- ATB gives you support to try achieve your goals.
Fun work place. Lots of diversity and great people
CSR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2015
Typical day at work would be processing transactions, dealing with customers, guiding them into the best banking decisions for them. I learned people skills, Learned how to make great sales and how to have fun at work! Management was Ok. Seemed unfair at times but overall it was ok. My co-workers were the best couldn't have asked for a better CSR team. Hardest part of the job was to make no mistakes. AT ALL. Most enjoyable was working with all different types of people and working with our CSR team made work even better!
Pros
great hours
Cons
management
Challenging and rewarding environment
CS Specialist - Customer Contact Center (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB25 June 2015
This was a part time position, and was a great time to learn and grow within the company.
I have worked both for the Customer Contact Center as well as in branch for this financial institution.
It was a very supportive and encouraging climate.
I received several awards complimenting my work ethic and my humor from team members.
From this position I was promoted to full time.
Pros
Benefits and happy work climate
Cons
N/A
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2015
Good place to work. Being here for almost 7 years proves that.
Inclusive culture and flexible schedules help with work life balance
Company lets you create your own career path
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2015
company let's you create your own career path whether it be in the retail financial services or another department; Executive Management has a very "young" and "vibrant" leadership style that promotes empowerment rather than limiting "policies"
Great bunch of people to work along side
Full time CMS Processor Business & Agriculture (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 May 2015
This was a one year contract which was shut down early. The work was very intense and I learned a great deal. A great team of people.
Pros
Commute was easy and the hours were great
Fun Place to work
Retail loan Renewal and Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2015
I enjoy the quietness of my department. and the flexibility to work on your own. I feel supported by my manager and the flexible hours and work from home ability it nice.
fun place to work
Customer service specialist (CSS) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2015
Everyone's very friendly and fun to work with. Then again it depends on which location you are working in. There is a lot of communication required to work this job. Overall it was a good experience.
Hard working teams
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2015
- very busy and demanding days
- team and individual input is welcomed
- Co-workers were great people and worked very hard during SAP conversion and after conversion
- Many changes transpiring within the organization and restructuring is still happening in the operations area- jobs being eliminated
- Many of the good executive team are gone and moved onto other organizations or jobs as well as some of the other managers - position eliminated - many with good knowledge and expertise are gone
- Pay was good considering the number of hours and additional hours one performed daily
- Fun events held within units and good benefits
Pros
Learning is non stop and hands on
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary23 March 2015
Great high level management with a great vision and strategy.
ATB Financial is "the bank of choice" for Albertans.
Great place to work too.
Friendly work environment
IT Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2015
ATB has a employee friendly environment with minimal supervision. Everyone is contributing into the progress of ATB and responsible of their work.
ATB is a great place to work.
Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2015
ATB has a great culture and a great work environment. The banking industry is also a fantastic way to learn about complex accounting.