ATB Financial Employee Reviews

Excellent family-like work environment
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2016
Just like working in a family business where everyone is so warm and helpful. There is a lack of experienced and knowledgeable people due to the less competitive market.
No work-life balance
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 February 2016
Difficult work-life balance. Matured methodology is not used due to lack of defined processes in certain areas. Due to difficult economy the work pressure increased a lot.
Excellent compensation
Personal Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2016
Money was excellent, however, it wasn't comsistently rewarding good work ethic, instead of management being constructive in my last year there, I found it condesending and bullying in a sense. First two years were excellent with excellent management.
Pros
Good Income
Cons
Didn't feel appreciated my last year there.
Great place to work!
CREDIT SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 December 2015
Loved working at ATB. Amazing staff and co-workers. Lot's of room for growth and advancement. Pay could have been a bit better and commissions.
Pros
free lunches, great leadership
Cons
not enough pay
Work Experience Placement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 December 2015
A typical day working at ATB would be to fill in the stock in the kitchen, answer emails, conduct mailouts, update data entries, filing, etc. I learned a lot about Anti-Money Laundering, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, etc. The management and co-workers were all very friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of the job was trying to time-management all the tasks that have to get done. The most enjoyable parts have been the activities that have happened throughout and being apart of a huge conference.
Pros
Free lunches and fun activities
Cons
Work Experience
A great place to work
Jr. Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2015
Was a great place to develop skills that would take me elsewhere. Management tried but could have been better developed. Pay was low but benefits were great. Amazing people and experiences.
Good Culture and Benefits - System Challenging
Credit Analyst / Commercial Real Estate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 November 2015
ATB has a wonderful culture and they have very good benefits.

They seem to have system challenges that make working inefficient or complicated at times.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorsby, AB16 November 2015
It was a good place to work .I enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers. There was def room for learning,but I chose to leave this position to foster full time.
Story Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2015
ATB was a wonderful place to work. Amazing flexibility and work life balance and was able to partake in some very rewarding projects
9-5 job in a decent environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  edmonton alberta13 October 2015
Decent job. Very consistent and regular. Ease to build a schedule around. Could get tedious at times. The management is encouraging and want you to succeed and grow. Started to feel gross knowing that part of my income was coming from people who were crippled by debt. It was hard working for an organization that is build around getting people to take money even if they couldn't necessarily afford it. Not specific to ATB, just to bank jobs in general.
Pros
Consistent work (hours, payment, tasks)
Cons
could be tedious or menial
Great staff, community focus.
Enterprise Information Architect (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2015
The best part of working at ATB Financial was the people you worked with. ATB seems to attract great staff. Another great part of ATB was it's focus on community events and improvement.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Executive Decision Making
Awesomeness at its' best !
Secretary I (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 October 2015
I enjoyed working at ATB Financial years ago, from when I was at the Calgary corporate office, I recalled plenty of learning opportunities there and really got to know what it takes to be a Credit / Special Debts aka Asset Management manager

I loved the managers' pep talks and salad days!

Pros
educational, benefits, pay, travel, perks
Good workplace to be in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB29 September 2015
Wonderful co-worker environment; super friendly
Good for giving last minute emergency day off
Takes care of their employees very well
High level of respect
Productive and professional atmostphere
Project Coordinator / Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2015
As a Project Coordinator, I learned about delivery framework and exactly how a PM conducts a software change into the system.
Pros
atonomy
Cons
management didn't quite understand that PC is a junior PM.
Productive work enviroment
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB28 September 2015
ATB has good work life balance, good company to work for, not a lot of room to advance in the region that I work in. The branch atmosphere is good work in just looking for a different challenge
Pros
Flexible hours, Work life Balance
Great Benefits
Customer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB21 September 2015
Out of all the places I have worked for ATB has an amazing benefit plan for their employees as well as lots of fun events throughout the year.
benefits
Cons
hours
Great Place for a Career
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  High Level, AB14 September 2015
ATB Financial was great place to work.
Hardest was putting in extra hours and not get paid
Most enjoyable was helping others
Pros
Benefits were awesome
Cons
No overtime paid for extra hours worked
Fun at work
MasterCard Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2015
A typical day at work is me arriving there about 10 minutes before my shift, starting up the computer while talking to everyone around me of how their day is going. Then i look into my emails and see what is new what has changed and what needs to be done. The part that i love about my job is that the managers there treat us with respect, they don't make us feel insecure.
Pros
getting the shifts you want
Cons
pay
Amazing people working hard for there customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster9 September 2015
What an amazing place to work. Best people and even after leaving there I am still friends with the current staff. They are always willing to go the extra mile to make a client happy.
Pros
Willing to go the extra mile
Cons
open nights
Bank work, cold long days.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2015
Lots of receptive motion. Sitting most of the day. Sore eyes. Constantly dealing with people that are upset about there money. Co workers were friendly enough but the overall atmosphere was poor. Management was over worked.
Pros
Consistent working hours
Cons
Poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ATB Financial. Our community is ready to answer.