ATB Financial Employee Reviews in Canada

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorsby, ABNovember 16, 2015
It was a good place to work .I enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers. There was def room for learning,but I chose to leave this position to foster full time.
Bank work, cold long days.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2015
Lots of receptive motion. Sitting most of the day. Sore eyes. Constantly dealing with people that are upset about there money. Co workers were friendly enough but the overall atmosphere was poor. Management was over worked.
Pros
Consistent working hours
Cons
Poor pay
Amazing people working hard for there customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  LloydminsterSeptember 9, 2015
What an amazing place to work. Best people and even after leaving there I am still friends with the current staff. They are always willing to go the extra mile to make a client happy.
Pros
Willing to go the extra mile
Cons
open nights
Overall good people to work with
Lead Supply Chain Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 17, 2013
Overall the company had good people to work with, everyone was working towards common goals and tried to help each other out as much as possible.

A typical day at work was replying to emails, discussing projects, and meetings of various types.

I learnt a great deal about vendor management, supplier relationship management, and networking both external & internal.

My coworkers were amazing and I could always rely on them, whereas management was not very visible as part of my job and didn't provide quality feedback.
Pros
flexible work environment, good work/life balance when required
Cons
poor management feedback & job security
Great Company
Card Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 16, 2014
ATB is a great company to work. They have great benefits and they really care about their employees.
Pros
work environment, co-workers
Cons
long hours, mentally exhausting
Company lets you create your own career path
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 7, 2015
company let's you create your own career path whether it be in the retail financial services or another department; Executive Management has a very "young" and "vibrant" leadership style that promotes empowerment rather than limiting "policies"
Positive and friendly work environment.
Experience Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 29, 2015
Positive and friendly work environment.
Great environment to learn and develop my interaction skills with staff and customers while maintaining a professional atmosphere and attitude.
The company provided excellent opportunities to help various charitable organizations throughout the community.
Pros
Excellent staff and work environment
Good workplace to be in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, ABSeptember 29, 2015
Wonderful co-worker environment; super friendly
Good for giving last minute emergency day off
Takes care of their employees very well
High level of respect
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 23, 2015
Good place to work. Being here for almost 7 years proves that.
Inclusive culture and flexible schedules help with work life balance
GREAT company to work for
Service Support Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 5, 2013
Employee's are treated fairly. Awesome benefits, great company to work for. Tons of room for advancement. Would love to go back.
benefits
Cons
pay structure could be improved
Review
Personal Banking Specialist Level (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 17, 2014
Very Good Place to work
Great Benefits
Great Culture
All over Alberta
Fun place to work
Card Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 3, 2014
Schedule was flexible and the benefits were great.
High individual and team goals.
A fun place to work
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  CanadaJuly 3, 2014
A very friendly work place with competitive compensation and good benefits.
Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 15, 2013
Great people, interesting work. Very relaxed environment.
Pros
flying benefits
Cons
low wages
Expensive training
Investment advisor (Former Employee) –  Grande prairie abApril 19, 2013
Atb spends a lot of money training their employees hosting expensive welcome ceremonies where they give out books, ice cream and everyone has a great time. My welcome and 3-4 months of training were lavish. I thought I had joined a great company.
After the training was done there was a lot of pressure to perform. This was during the 2008 investment bust. As an investment professional I had a certain amount of mutual funds to sell each week. If a customer came in to redeem their funds it counted against my goal. I worked at a branch that hadn't had a investment professional in years. None of the other bankers sold funds. It was a bad situation. Not long after that atb decided to switch most roles like mine to video call centres. They didn't fire me but... I was told I should quit by someone in upper management. I was so embarrassed and crushed that I did. I didn't realize I would have qualified for ei if I had made them fire me.
Pros
great initial training
Cons
no job security/sales goals not adjusted based on current events
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  CalgaryDecember 4, 2012
I loved working there.It was my first experience working in a bank and I was made feel welcom by everyone and right away felt comfortable in my surroundings.
The job itself was fun as I was constantly learning and the management continued to offer advancement courses to staff also
Pros
great staff
Great Vision, poor middle management
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  CalgaryJune 11, 2014
Executive team is fabulous! They have great vision for the institution but middle management is not properly trained and make decisions on a whim without considering the impact of their choices. Middle management only cares about what executive management sees and hears and not what actually is going on. They are order takers not leaders. However, Executive management is in the process of training middle management on how to be better leaders so we will see what happens. There is a large work load and the pay is not adequate. They believe that they are industry leaders on pay but the fact of the matter is that they are still a corporation who neglects to see how much inflation has actually occured over the last 8 years and our salaries have not reflected this change at all. So industry leading in some areas and not in others isn't good enough.
Pros
benefit package is amazing
Cons
middle management gets in the way of progress
Mickey Mouse Managers
Head Office (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJanuary 24, 2014
Although ATB has improved it's marketing presence considerably to be seen as a forward thinking, innovative and remarkable company - those who have worked for them understand that it is a quite unremarkable place to be for anyone who considers themselves to be a professional.

The best part of the day is lunch. ATB has a strong commitment to the community which is impressive but could afford to place some of their profits into better salaries and training of management.

The location is good as you are outside of the downtown core and is accessible. If you have a family to support or value your job, I would reconsider your application to this organization.
Pros
flexible
Cons
poorly skilled managers
Poor management
FA (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMay 22, 2013
Manager was a bean counter and had no idea how to motivate and deal with sales people. He had no idea how the technology worked when reviewing performance with you , was always late and just a miserable person to be around. He usually coaches you how to answer employee engagement surveys to boost his performance. Culture and morale was deteriorating prior my departure. Too bad his bosses couldn't see how his tenure had brought morale down.
Pros
great vision
Cons
poor management and upper management issues
Great bunch of people to work along side
Full time CMS Processor Business & Agriculture (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 6, 2015
This was a one year contract which was shut down early. The work was very intense and I learned a great deal. A great team of people.
Pros
Commute was easy and the hours were great