ATB Financial

ATB Financial Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good place to work
ASP.NET Developer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 16, 2013
Good place to learn new technologies.Good place to learn new technologies.Good place to learn new technologies.
GREAT company to work for
Service Support Leader (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 5, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay structure could be improved
Employee's are treated fairly. Awesome benefits, great company to work for. Tons of room for advancement. Would love to go back.
very unprofessional
Loan Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), edmonton, ABJuly 22, 2013
Pros: get lunches from dealerships every month
Cons: not a friendly environment
I have learnt to always do your best no matter what people have to say about it. If you know what you're doing is right according to what your manager had told you, then don't listen to anyone.
some of the co-workers were very nice, polite and friendly, and some were just not on the great side of the spectrum.
the hardest part of the job was being un – more... pressure to finish so much logging before leaving work. – less
Best place to work;
Risk Management Specialist I (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 10, 2013
Pros: gym, parking, taxi fares
Cons: late night shift
Helpful team
best manager
flexible schedule
best learning opportunity
cultural ethics
Growing quickly, new systems,
Operations Auditor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 31, 2013
Pros: bank
Cons: system changes
Going through change management from a system standpoint
Detection controls less on prevention
Poor management
FA (Former Employee), CalgaryMay 22, 2013
Pros: great vision
Cons: poor management and upper management issues
Manager was a bean counter and had no idea how to motivate and deal with sales people. He had no idea how the technology worked when reviewing performance with you , was always late and just a miserable person to be around. He usually coaches you how to answer employee engagement surveys to boost his performance. Culture and morale was deteriorating – more... prior my departure. Too bad his bosses couldn't see how his tenure had brought morale down. – less
Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2013
Pros: flying benefits
Cons: low wages
Great people, interesting work. Very relaxed environment.
Great employer
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 7, 2013
All was good until they decided to change banking software and it went down hill.
It is a fun place to work and I just love my customers, there is nothing like making a cranky customer happy and even laugh and thank you.
CSR (Former Employee), Mayerthorpe, ABMay 6, 2013
Cons: longer business hours, leave no time to socialize with co-workers, as well as running short staffed.
I am currently working part time and will be looking at finding full time employment. I spend my day serving customers and filling their needs. I also periodically preview my customers profile to see there is anything that we can do help save them money and to see if there are any other services that would benefit them.

With ATB I learned that excellent – more... customer service is key. I don't feel that ATB doesn't train the new employees about how important that customer service is. I see that with most new employees customer service is lacking and wish that upper management would provide the training that I had when I first started. I love working with a team and its great when we can reach goals as a team.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the changes. Wish there was a better way to keep up to date, maybe more meetings going over major changes. We have longer hours that we are open to the public and there just isn't any time to have group meetings where we can throw ideas around.

The most enjoyable part of my job is my customers and getting to know them personally and have them thank me for selling them a service that they didn't even know about but if would help them and save them money or make money. – less
Great company
Retail Financial Services Officer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 2, 2013
I enjoyed working with ATB because it challenged me with different credit scenarios everyday.
Self Driven
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rocky Mountain House, ABApril 28, 2013
Self driven manage your future. Great values. Up lifting career choices. Management supports staff
GREAT COMPANY BUT STAY AWAY FROM THE SALES DEP
Inbound Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2013
This is a great company but the CCC Sales department is run by a moron called Gupreet Deol. This guy has no leadership qualities and he tries to run the department through autocratic means . His right wing person Le Steele does not know what the hell is going on and that's why that department has such a high employee turnover . This is a sales department – more... but we constantly have to be explaining statement issues. The credit coaches are all confused and have no consistency in their audit. – less
Expensive training
Investment advisor (Former Employee), Grande prairie abApril 19, 2013
Pros: great initial training
Cons: no job security/sales goals not adjusted based on current events
Atb spends a lot of money training their employees hosting expensive welcome ceremonies where they give out books, ice cream and everyone has a great time. My welcome and 3-4 months of training were lavish. I thought I had joined a great company.
After the training was done there was a lot of pressure to perform. This was during the 2008 investment – more... bust. As an investment professional I had a certain amount of mutual funds to sell each week. If a customer came in to redeem their funds it counted against my goal. I worked at a branch that hadn't had a investment professional in years. None of the other bankers sold funds. It was a bad situation. Not long after that atb decided to switch most roles like mine to video call centres. They didn't fire me but... I was told I should quit by someone in upper management. I was so embarrassed and crushed that I did. I didn't realize I would have qualified for ei if I had made them fire me. – less
Productive and fun work place
Loan Service Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMarch 7, 2013
Started at 8:15 am worked on processing loans. Learnt how to process loans. Co-workers were fun to work with very quiet environment.
Fun and Productivity
Business Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: free bank accounts
Cons: long hours
Dealing with customers in regards to their financial and banking needs.
Not bad
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2013
At the time I worked there I was not very happy. Im sure a lot has changed since then but I would not recomend this company.
Senior Manager, Business Marketing (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2013
While there is inconsitent culture between departments, it is generally a good place to work.
We work in a new building were they are providing recreational activities during lunch hour
special arrangements clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: free gift certificates
Answering Emails and completing requests.
Doing reports for customers so they may have special arrangements.
I have learned how to manage my work load in a day.
Management is usually understanding.
Co-workers are easy to get along with.
Figuring out how to implement procedures on customers accountts as we have a new system in.
The most enjoyable part – more... of the job is variety. – less
We have monthly activities
Loan Service Clerk (Current Employee), CalgaryJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: free coffee/tea
Cons: with overtime
I have learned a lot like dealing different kinds of people and on how to process renewals and maintence processing, we have lots of fun, we have huddle every two weeks and lots of recognition. New tasks that I can handle. Stress out.
Good benefits
SR Customer Service Rep Investments (Former Employee), Thorsby, ABDecember 20, 2012
Lots of high expectations, banking is too focused on sales, not service.

About ATB Financial

ATB Financial ("ATB") is a full-service financial institution headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. ATB is the – Read more