ATB Financial Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun work place. Lots of diversity and great people
CSR (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 29, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: management
Typical day at work would be processing transactions, dealing with customers, guiding them into the best banking decisions for them. I learned people skills, Learned how to make great sales and how to have fun at work! Management was Ok. Seemed unfair at times but overall it was ok. My co-workers were the best couldn't have asked for a better CSR team. Hardest part of the job was to make no mistakes. AT ALL. Most enjoyable was working with all different types of people and working with our CSR team made work even better!
Productive and professional atmostphere
Project Coordinator / Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: atonomy
Cons: management didn't quite understand that PC is a junior PM.
As a Project Coordinator, I learned about delivery framework and exactly how a PM conducts a software change into the system.
Productive and fun place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABApril 20, 2016
Pros: Free coffee
Cons: Long hours
ATB Financial has taught me how to make the most of every client opportunity and have the clients best interest at the forefront of my thoughts. Exceeding client expectations is what we do every single day.
Challenging and rewarding environment
CS Specialist - Customer Contact Center (Former Employee), Taber, ABJune 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits and happy work climate
Cons: N/A
This was a part time position, and was a great time to learn and grow within the company.
I have worked both for the Customer Contact Center as well as in branch for this financial institution.
It was a very supportive and encouraging climate.
I received several awards complimenting my work ethic and my humor from team members.
From this position I was promoted to full time.
Great Place for a Career
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), High Level, ABSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits were awesome
Cons: No overtime paid for extra hours worked
ATB Financial was great place to work.
Hardest was putting in extra hours and not get paid
Most enjoyable was helping others
Great Team to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMarch 7, 2016
Great team to work with, just not interested in banking. Day to day activities included client transactions ex: deposits, withdrawal, transfers, and guiding customers with finances.
Creating Happiness
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 7, 2016
Pros: Autonomy
Managing a dynamic, interesting, and involving workplace. The work included many community engagement events raising the profile of ATB Financial in the community.
Company lets you create your own career path
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 7, 2015
company let's you create your own career path whether it be in the retail financial services or another department; Executive Management has a very "young" and "vibrant" leadership style that promotes empowerment rather than limiting "policies"
Associate Director (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 23, 2015
Good place to work. Being here for almost 7 years proves that.
Inclusive culture and flexible schedules help with work life balance
Bank work, cold long days.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Consistent working hours
Cons: Poor pay
Lots of receptive motion. Sitting most of the day. Sore eyes. Constantly dealing with people that are upset about there money. Co workers were friendly enough but the overall atmosphere was poor. Management was over worked.
ESB Integration Consultant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 10, 2016
had typical day at the time of core go-live but we enjoyed it. Learned lots of SAP Banking system.management is pretty support for work life balance.
Great Benefits
Customer Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABSeptember 21, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
Out of all the places I have worked for ATB has an amazing benefit plan for their employees as well as lots of fun events throughout the year.
Fun at work
MasterCard Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: getting the shifts you want
Cons: pay
A typical day at work is me arriving there about 10 minutes before my shift, starting up the computer while talking to everyone around me of how their day is going. Then i look into my emails and see what is new what has changed and what needs to be done. The part that i love about my job is that the managers there treat us with respect, they don't make us feel insecure.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thorsby, ABNovember 16, 2015
It was a good place to work .I enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers. There was def room for learning,but I chose to leave this position to foster full time.
Overall good people to work with
Lead Supply Chain Operations (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 17, 2013
Pros: flexible work environment, good work/life balance when required
Cons: poor management feedback & job security
Overall the company had good people to work with, everyone was working towards common goals and tried to help each other out as much as possible.

A typical day at work was replying to emails, discussing projects, and meetings of various types.

I learnt a great deal about vendor management, supplier relationship management, and networking both external & internal.

My coworkers were amazing and I could always rely on them, whereas management was not very visible as part of my job and didn't provide quality feedback.
Excellent Job Culture and Freedom to take decision and less Supervision
BI Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 8, 2015
Here we have freedom to explore new ideas and more reliable on people and culture. Co-workers are very friendly and lot of work from home culture.

Work balance
Benefits and perks
Amazing people working hard for there customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), LloydminsterSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: Willing to go the extra mile
Cons: open nights
What an amazing place to work. Best people and even after leaving there I am still friends with the current staff. They are always willing to go the extra mile to make a client happy.
Positive and friendly work environment.
Experience Support Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Excellent staff and work environment
Positive and friendly work environment.
Great environment to learn and develop my interaction skills with staff and customers while maintaining a professional atmosphere and attitude.
The company provided excellent opportunities to help various charitable organizations throughout the community.
Great benefits but ended up being too sales driven
Customer Service Advisor & Online Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 5, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good pay.
Cons: higher management puts too much pressure on lower staff for sales
Working at ATB was very enjoyable especially at the start, but then the management started to be too sales driven - they began to try and force us to get referrals when people called in to check their balance etc. This really put me off and reminded me that I worked for a bank who valued profits over everything else - (i think all banks are like this to be fair). But in my opinion this isn't a good way to improve customer service, or raise profits - it just annoyed our clientele, especially the ones who were better able to read between the lines. There was only some investment products I believed were good for the our customers, I didn't want to have to persuade people to get in more debt! But if you're the kind of person that doesn't mind this then its rosy! Lower ranked managers of the call centre were great people that treated staff very well. Benefits are amazing and once you are in it's quite easy to climb the ladder up to a point e.g. to (40k-45k or more) - a few steps up from general call centre worker. Once you get there in most positions there is less pressure to sell. ATB are very loyal and good to their staff if you tow the line. You can trade some benefits in even to get more holiday, I managed to get 3 weeks off each year plus the plethora of provincial/national holidays off too with option to work them at double time and a half!!
Good workplace to be in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Slave Lake, ABSeptember 29, 2015
Wonderful co-worker environment; super friendly
Good for giving last minute emergency day off
Takes care of their employees very well
High level of respect