ATB Financial Employee Reviews

Great work life balance with exceptional management and job culture.
Account Officer (Student Internship) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2016
Absolutely amazing bank to work for, with lots of room to advance. Management is very organized within the company, and most enjoyable part of the job was the exciting new opportunities I was presented with each day.
Good Company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2016
they are a good company who try to help their staff succeed at what they are doing. they support their staff to make sure they are doing the best they can.
THE place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2016
ATB is a very good company to work for. Good benefits and career progression opportunities. Management is flexible and working hours are good.
Creating Happiness
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 April 2016
Managing a dynamic, interesting, and involving workplace. The work included many community engagement events raising the profile of ATB Financial in the community.
Pros
Autonomy
Excellent compensation
Personal Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2016
Money was excellent, however, it wasn't comsistently rewarding good work ethic, instead of management being constructive in my last year there, I found it condesending and bullying in a sense. First two years were excellent with excellent management.
Pros
Good Income
Cons
Didn't feel appreciated my last year there.
Work Experience Placement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 December 2015
A typical day working at ATB would be to fill in the stock in the kitchen, answer emails, conduct mailouts, update data entries, filing, etc. I learned a lot about Anti-Money Laundering, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, etc. The management and co-workers were all very friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of the job was trying to time-management all the tasks that have to get done. The most enjoyable parts have been the activities that have happened throughout and being apart of a huge conference.
Pros
Free lunches and fun activities
Cons
Work Experience
Great Team to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 March 2016
Great team to work with, just not interested in banking. Day to day activities included client transactions ex: deposits, withdrawal, transfers, and guiding customers with finances.
ESB Integration Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2016
had typical day at the time of core go-live but we enjoyed it. Learned lots of SAP Banking system.management is pretty support for work life balance.
Excellent family-like work environment
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2016
Just like working in a family business where everyone is so warm and helpful. There is a lack of experienced and knowledgeable people due to the less competitive market.
9-5 job in a decent environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  edmonton alberta13 October 2015
Decent job. Very consistent and regular. Ease to build a schedule around. Could get tedious at times. The management is encouraging and want you to succeed and grow. Started to feel gross knowing that part of my income was coming from people who were crippled by debt. It was hard working for an organization that is build around getting people to take money even if they couldn't necessarily afford it. Not specific to ATB, just to bank jobs in general.
Pros
Consistent work (hours, payment, tasks)
Cons
could be tedious or menial
No work-life balance
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 February 2016
Difficult work-life balance. Matured methodology is not used due to lack of defined processes in certain areas. Due to difficult economy the work pressure increased a lot.
Great place to work!
CREDIT SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 December 2015
Loved working at ATB. Amazing staff and co-workers. Lot's of room for growth and advancement. Pay could have been a bit better and commissions.
Pros
free lunches, great leadership
Cons
not enough pay
Fun at work
MasterCard Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2015
A typical day at work is me arriving there about 10 minutes before my shift, starting up the computer while talking to everyone around me of how their day is going. Then i look into my emails and see what is new what has changed and what needs to be done. The part that i love about my job is that the managers there treat us with respect, they don't make us feel insecure.
Pros
getting the shifts you want
Cons
pay
Awesomeness at its' best !
Secretary I (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 October 2015
I enjoyed working at ATB Financial years ago, from when I was at the Calgary corporate office, I recalled plenty of learning opportunities there and really got to know what it takes to be a Credit / Special Debts aka Asset Management manager

I loved the managers' pep talks and salad days!

Pros
educational, benefits, pay, travel, perks
A great place to work
Jr. Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 November 2015
Was a great place to develop skills that would take me elsewhere. Management tried but could have been better developed. Pay was low but benefits were great. Amazing people and experiences.
Good Culture and Benefits - System Challenging
Credit Analyst / Commercial Real Estate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 November 2015
ATB has a wonderful culture and they have very good benefits.

They seem to have system challenges that make working inefficient or complicated at times.
Top 50 employers to work for.....
Senior Facilities Manager of Corporate Properties (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 July 2015
ATB has been a great company to work for they put me through school at Tulane, I have a car allowance with expense account, I have an underground parking paid for, I get a performance bonus with a great salary.... So why am I looking for a career elsewhere?
Advancement... nowhere to go... my boss is not going to retire anytime soon.. either is our managing director. I need to move to a company that I can grow with so they can reach their growth potential. I am a self starter with strong operational and project management skill set that would be an asset to any company portfolio.
Pros
great salary, top 50 employer, great facilities
Cons
no advancement
Positive and friendly work environment.
Experience Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 July 2015
Positive and friendly work environment.
Great environment to learn and develop my interaction skills with staff and customers while maintaining a professional atmosphere and attitude.
The company provided excellent opportunities to help various charitable organizations throughout the community.
Pros
Excellent staff and work environment
Great staff, community focus.
Enterprise Information Architect (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2015
The best part of working at ATB Financial was the people you worked with. ATB seems to attract great staff. Another great part of ATB was it's focus on community events and improvement.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Executive Decision Making
Fun work place. Lots of diversity and great people
CSR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2015
Typical day at work would be processing transactions, dealing with customers, guiding them into the best banking decisions for them. I learned people skills, Learned how to make great sales and how to have fun at work! Management was Ok. Seemed unfair at times but overall it was ok. My co-workers were the best couldn't have asked for a better CSR team. Hardest part of the job was to make no mistakes. AT ALL. Most enjoyable was working with all different types of people and working with our CSR team made work even better!
Pros
great hours
Cons
management