ATB Financial Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Stressful Work Environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 24, 2016
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: long hours, no life work balance
Going into work was always a struggle. On an average day you would take up to 60 calls. Over half of which were negative. I learned that patience is virtue. I learned that things will happen that I have no control over. I felt that the management team didn't have their employees backs. If you wanted anything it would have to be put through the union. My co workers felt the same. The hardest part of this job was getting up in the morning. You never knew what the day was going to hold. Smoke break was the most enjoyable part of my day.
Employee Benefits and Good Culture
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaFebruary 25, 2016
Pros: Work Life Balance, Table Tennis, Foosball
Cons: Senior and mid level Manager not understanding processes.
The company employed an excellent Work Life Balance for the majority of the work force. This was dependent on the role you had. Their model of allowing individuals to work off site provided a great culture of allowing the individual to concentrate on thier work and to take care of their personal life.

The benefits were pretty good in the way that it was a Flexible Benefit package and a pension plan.
Top 50 employers to work for.....
Senior Facilities Manager of Corporate Properties (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 29, 2015
Pros: great salary, top 50 employer, great facilities
Cons: no advancement
ATB has been a great company to work for they put me through school at Tulane, I have a car allowance with expense account, I have an underground parking paid for, I get a performance bonus with a great salary.... So why am I looking for a career elsewhere?
Advancement... nowhere to go... my boss is not going to retire anytime soon.. either is our managing director. I need to move to a company that I can grow with so they can reach their growth potential. I am a self starter with strong operational and project management skill set that would be an asset to any company portfolio.
A great place to work
Jr. Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2015
Was a great place to develop skills that would take me elsewhere. Management tried but could have been better developed. Pay was low but benefits were great. Amazing people and experiences.
Good Culture and Benefits - System Challenging
Credit Analyst / Commercial Real Estate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 25, 2015
ATB has a wonderful culture and they have very good benefits.

They seem to have system challenges that make working inefficient or complicated at times.
Awesomeness at its' best !
Secretary I (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 1, 2015
Pros: educational, benefits, pay, travel, perks
I enjoyed working at ATB Financial years ago, from when I was at the Calgary corporate office, I recalled plenty of learning opportunities there and really got to know what it takes to be a Credit / Special Debts aka Asset Management manager

I loved the managers' pep talks and salad days!

Great Place for a Career
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), High Level, ABSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits were awesome
Cons: No overtime paid for extra hours worked
ATB Financial was great place to work.
Hardest was putting in extra hours and not get paid
Most enjoyable was helping others
Great Benefits
Customer Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABSeptember 21, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
Out of all the places I have worked for ATB has an amazing benefit plan for their employees as well as lots of fun events throughout the year.
Challenging and rewarding environment
CS Specialist - Customer Contact Center (Former Employee), Taber, ABJune 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits and happy work climate
Cons: N/A
This was a part time position, and was a great time to learn and grow within the company.
I have worked both for the Customer Contact Center as well as in branch for this financial institution.
It was a very supportive and encouraging climate.
I received several awards complimenting my work ethic and my humor from team members.
From this position I was promoted to full time.
Great company with a clear vision & great employee benefits
Personal banking specialist (Former Employee), EdmontonJuly 1, 2015
Know where they want their company to be & how to achieve their goals.
Great employee benefits- wish salary was more than what it is.
Room for advancement in small towns is limited.
Can be stressful if you are not meeting your targets- ATB gives you support to try achieve your goals.
Hard working teams
Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2015
Pros: Learning is non stop and hands on
- very busy and demanding days
- team and individual input is welcomed
- Co-workers were great people and worked very hard during SAP conversion and after conversion
- Many changes transpiring within the organization and restructuring is still happening in the operations area- jobs being eliminated
- Many of the good executive team are gone and moved onto other organizations or jobs as well as some of the other managers - position eliminated - many with good knowledge and expertise are gone
- Pay was good considering the number of hours and additional hours one performed daily
- Fun events held within units and good benefits
No support with other associates taking leads from you, no team work, no support within the branch
Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
No team work and no support within the branch
Other associates take leads that don't belong to them
Culture is negative and you can't even talk to your associates without them complaining
Everything that I was told ATB was is not the same
You are pretty much on your own
Negative vibe in the branch
Stressful everyday to perform when associates take your own leads
ATB is not the place to be nor is it a top employer that supports their staff
Work Experience Placement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunches and fun activities
Cons: Work Experience
A typical day working at ATB would be to fill in the stock in the kitchen, answer emails, conduct mailouts, update data entries, filing, etc. I learned a lot about Anti-Money Laundering, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, etc. The management and co-workers were all very friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of the job was trying to time-management all the tasks that have to get done. The most enjoyable parts have been the activities that have happened throughout and being apart of a huge conference.
Great work life balance with exceptional management and job culture.
Account Officer (Student Internship) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2016
Absolutely amazing bank to work for, with lots of room to advance. Management is very organized within the company, and most enjoyable part of the job was the exciting new opportunities I was presented with each day.
No work-life balance
Project Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2016
Difficult work-life balance. Matured methodology is not used due to lack of defined processes in certain areas. Due to difficult economy the work pressure increased a lot.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
CSR (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: amazing employee benefits, staff parties, work/life balance, enjoyable environment
Cons: harder to advance, more competitive than actually being promoted on your individual performance
Love my job, lots of great things to look forward to, but find it hard to move up the ranks due to certain branch politics or management playing "favorites". All around great place to have a career in the financial industry. ATB has a great corporate culture and does numerous charitable/community events
9-5 job in a decent environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), edmonton albertaOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Consistent work (hours, payment, tasks)
Cons: could be tedious or menial
Decent job. Very consistent and regular. Ease to build a schedule around. Could get tedious at times. The management is encouraging and want you to succeed and grow. Started to feel gross knowing that part of my income was coming from people who were crippled by debt. It was hard working for an organization that is build around getting people to take money even if they couldn't necessarily afford it. Not specific to ATB, just to bank jobs in general.
Excellent compensation
Personal Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Good Income
Cons: Didn't feel appreciated my last year there.
Money was excellent, however, it wasn't comsistently rewarding good work ethic, instead of management being constructive in my last year there, I found it condesending and bullying in a sense. First two years were excellent with excellent management.
Great place to work!
CREDIT SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great leadership
Cons: not enough pay
Loved working at ATB. Amazing staff and co-workers. Lot's of room for growth and advancement. Pay could have been a bit better and commissions.
Excellent family-like work environment
Personal Banking Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2016
Just like working in a family business where everyone is so warm and helpful. There is a lack of experienced and knowledgeable people due to the less competitive market.