ATB Financial

ATB Financial Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
No work-life balance
Project Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2016
Difficult work-life balance. Matured methodology is not used due to lack of defined processes in certain areas. Due to difficult economy the work pressure increased a lot.
Excellent compensation
Personal Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Good Income
Cons: Didn't feel appreciated my last year there.
Money was excellent, however, it wasn't comsistently rewarding good work ethic, instead of management being constructive in my last year there, I found it condesending and bullying in a sense. First two years were excellent with excellent management.
Great place to work!
CREDIT SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great leadership
Cons: not enough pay
Loved working at ATB. Amazing staff and co-workers. Lot's of room for growth and advancement. Pay could have been a bit better and commissions.
Work Experience Placement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunches and fun activities
Cons: Work Experience
A typical day working at ATB would be to fill in the stock in the kitchen, answer emails, conduct mailouts, update data entries, filing, etc. I learned a lot about Anti-Money Laundering, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, etc. The management and co-workers were all very friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of the job was trying to time-management all the tasks that have to get done. The most enjoyable parts have been the activities that have happened throughout and being apart of a huge conference.
A great place to work
Jr. Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2015
Was a great place to develop skills that would take me elsewhere. Management tried but could have been better developed. Pay was low but benefits were great. Amazing people and experiences.
Good Culture and Benefits - System Challenging
Credit Analyst / Commercial Real Estate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 25, 2015
ATB has a wonderful culture and they have very good benefits.

They seem to have system challenges that make working inefficient or complicated at times.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thorsby, ABNovember 16, 2015
It was a good place to work .I enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers. There was def room for learning,but I chose to leave this position to foster full time.
Story Team Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 20, 2015
ATB was a wonderful place to work. Amazing flexibility and work life balance and was able to partake in some very rewarding projects
9-5 job in a decent environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), edmonton albertaOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Consistent work (hours, payment, tasks)
Cons: could be tedious or menial
Decent job. Very consistent and regular. Ease to build a schedule around. Could get tedious at times. The management is encouraging and want you to succeed and grow. Started to feel gross knowing that part of my income was coming from people who were crippled by debt. It was hard working for an organization that is build around getting people to take money even if they couldn't necessarily afford it. Not specific to ATB, just to bank jobs in general.
Great staff, community focus.
Enterprise Information Architect (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Staff
Cons: Executive Decision Making
The best part of working at ATB Financial was the people you worked with. ATB seems to attract great staff. Another great part of ATB was it's focus on community events and improvement.
Awesomeness at its' best !
Secretary I (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 1, 2015
Pros: educational, benefits, pay, travel, perks
I enjoyed working at ATB Financial years ago, from when I was at the Calgary corporate office, I recalled plenty of learning opportunities there and really got to know what it takes to be a Credit / Special Debts aka Asset Management manager

I loved the managers' pep talks and salad days!

Good workplace to be in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Slave Lake, ABSeptember 29, 2015
Wonderful co-worker environment; super friendly
Good for giving last minute emergency day off
Takes care of their employees very well
High level of respect
Productive and professional atmostphere
Project Coordinator / Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: atonomy
Cons: management didn't quite understand that PC is a junior PM.
As a Project Coordinator, I learned about delivery framework and exactly how a PM conducts a software change into the system.
Productive work enviroment
Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Wetaskiwin, ABSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, Work life Balance
ATB has good work life balance, good company to work for, not a lot of room to advance in the region that I work in. The branch atmosphere is good work in just looking for a different challenge
Great Benefits
Customer Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABSeptember 21, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
Out of all the places I have worked for ATB has an amazing benefit plan for their employees as well as lots of fun events throughout the year.
Great Place for a Career
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), High Level, ABSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits were awesome
Cons: No overtime paid for extra hours worked
ATB Financial was great place to work.
Hardest was putting in extra hours and not get paid
Most enjoyable was helping others
Fun at work
MasterCard Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: getting the shifts you want
Cons: pay
A typical day at work is me arriving there about 10 minutes before my shift, starting up the computer while talking to everyone around me of how their day is going. Then i look into my emails and see what is new what has changed and what needs to be done. The part that i love about my job is that the managers there treat us with respect, they don't make us feel insecure.
Amazing people working hard for there customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), LloydminsterSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: Willing to go the extra mile
Cons: open nights
What an amazing place to work. Best people and even after leaving there I am still friends with the current staff. They are always willing to go the extra mile to make a client happy.
Bank work, cold long days.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Consistent working hours
Cons: Poor pay
Lots of receptive motion. Sitting most of the day. Sore eyes. Constantly dealing with people that are upset about there money. Co workers were friendly enough but the overall atmosphere was poor. Management was over worked.
Top 50 employers to work for.....
Senior Facilities Manager of Corporate Properties (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 29, 2015
Pros: great salary, top 50 employer, great facilities
Cons: no advancement
ATB has been a great company to work for they put me through school at Tulane, I have a car allowance with expense account, I have an underground parking paid for, I get a performance bonus with a great salary.... So why am I looking for a career elsewhere?
Advancement... nowhere to go... my boss is not going to retire anytime soon.. either is our managing director. I need to move to a company that I can grow with so they can reach their growth potential. I am a self starter with strong operational and project management skill set that would be an asset to any company portfolio.