ATB Financial Employee Reviews in Canada

Stressful Work Environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 24, 2016
Going into work was always a struggle. On an average day you would take up to 60 calls. Over half of which were negative. I learned that patience is virtue. I learned that things will happen that I have no control over. I felt that the management team didn't have their employees backs. If you wanted anything it would have to be put through the union. My co workers felt the same. The hardest part of this job was getting up in the morning. You never knew what the day was going to hold. Smoke break was the most enjoyable part of my day.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
long hours, no life work balance
Employee Benefits and Good Culture
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaFebruary 25, 2016
The company employed an excellent Work Life Balance for the majority of the work force. This was dependent on the role you had. Their model of allowing individuals to work off site provided a great culture of allowing the individual to concentrate on thier work and to take care of their personal life.

The benefits were pretty good in the way that it was a Flexible Benefit package and a pension plan.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Table Tennis, Foosball
Cons
Senior and mid level Manager not understanding processes.
Top 50 employers to work for.....
Senior Facilities Manager of Corporate Properties (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 29, 2015
ATB has been a great company to work for they put me through school at Tulane, I have a car allowance with expense account, I have an underground parking paid for, I get a performance bonus with a great salary.... So why am I looking for a career elsewhere?
Advancement... nowhere to go... my boss is not going to retire anytime soon.. either is our managing director. I need to move to a company that I can grow with so they can reach their growth potential. I am a self starter with strong operational and project management skill set that would be an asset to any company portfolio.
Pros
great salary, top 50 employer, great facilities
Cons
no advancement
A great place to work
Jr. Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2015
Was a great place to develop skills that would take me elsewhere. Management tried but could have been better developed. Pay was low but benefits were great. Amazing people and experiences.
Good Culture and Benefits - System Challenging
Credit Analyst / Commercial Real Estate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 25, 2015
ATB has a wonderful culture and they have very good benefits.

They seem to have system challenges that make working inefficient or complicated at times.
Awesomeness at its' best !
Secretary I (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 1, 2015
I enjoyed working at ATB Financial years ago, from when I was at the Calgary corporate office, I recalled plenty of learning opportunities there and really got to know what it takes to be a Credit / Special Debts aka Asset Management manager

I loved the managers' pep talks and salad days!

Pros
educational, benefits, pay, travel, perks
Great and safe work environment
ITSD Server Infrastructure Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 8, 2016
I did my internship at ATB Financial and I must admit, the company really cares a lot about their employees. Every week there would practically be a new event at ATB offering food, prizes and exercising. In terms of work, nobody works individually; there is always a team that you report to. In addition, ATB takes a lot of realistic risks to come out on top on other banks. They always try to bend the rules a bit to get the customer's attention of why banking at ATB is a special, personal experience. Although I didn't get the development experience I wanted at ATB, the company really changed my way of thinking.
Pros
safe working environment and friendly, great employee benefits
Cons
salary is low
Working experience at ATB
ONLINE/EFT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2016
Really enjoying helping customer with their banking needs and also make banking easier for them. I learned ATB products, SAP system, and I always engage myself in continuous learning opportunities.
At ATB, we always work together as a team and help each other in a friendly manner.
The hardest part is when our customers share their personal and emotional stories over the phone. I listen to them and show empathy.
ATB is a fun place to work because we treat our customers as a true friend, listen and provide solutions to their problems.
Pros
15 mins break after every 2 an a half hour
Great Place for a Career
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  High Level, ABSeptember 14, 2015
ATB Financial was great place to work.
Hardest was putting in extra hours and not get paid
Most enjoyable was helping others
Pros
Benefits were awesome
Cons
No overtime paid for extra hours worked
No support with other associates taking leads from you, no team work, no support within the branch
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
No team work and no support within the branch
Other associates take leads that don't belong to them
Culture is negative and you can't even talk to your associates without them complaining
Everything that I was told ATB was is not the same
You are pretty much on your own
Negative vibe in the branch
Stressful everyday to perform when associates take your own leads
ATB is not the place to be nor is it a top employer that supports their staff
Great Benefits
Customer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABSeptember 21, 2015
Out of all the places I have worked for ATB has an amazing benefit plan for their employees as well as lots of fun events throughout the year.
benefits
Cons
hours
Challenging and rewarding environment
CS Specialist - Customer Contact Center (Former Employee) –  Taber, ABJune 25, 2015
This was a part time position, and was a great time to learn and grow within the company.
I have worked both for the Customer Contact Center as well as in branch for this financial institution.
It was a very supportive and encouraging climate.
I received several awards complimenting my work ethic and my humor from team members.
From this position I was promoted to full time.
Pros
Benefits and happy work climate
Cons
N/A
Hard working teams
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 13, 2015
- very busy and demanding days
- team and individual input is welcomed
- Co-workers were great people and worked very hard during SAP conversion and after conversion
- Many changes transpiring within the organization and restructuring is still happening in the operations area- jobs being eliminated
- Many of the good executive team are gone and moved onto other organizations or jobs as well as some of the other managers - position eliminated - many with good knowledge and expertise are gone
- Pay was good considering the number of hours and additional hours one performed daily
- Fun events held within units and good benefits
Pros
Learning is non stop and hands on
Great company with a clear vision & great employee benefits
Personal banking specialist (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJuly 1, 2015
Know where they want their company to be & how to achieve their goals.
Great employee benefits- wish salary was more than what it is.
Room for advancement in small towns is limited.
Can be stressful if you are not meeting your targets- ATB gives you support to try achieve your goals.
Great work life balance with exceptional management and job culture.
Account Officer (Student Internship) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2016
Absolutely amazing bank to work for, with lots of room to advance. Management is very organized within the company, and most enjoyable part of the job was the exciting new opportunities I was presented with each day.
Work Experience Placement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 8, 2015
A typical day working at ATB would be to fill in the stock in the kitchen, answer emails, conduct mailouts, update data entries, filing, etc. I learned a lot about Anti-Money Laundering, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, etc. The management and co-workers were all very friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of the job was trying to time-management all the tasks that have to get done. The most enjoyable parts have been the activities that have happened throughout and being apart of a huge conference.
Pros
Free lunches and fun activities
Cons
Work Experience
Wonderful place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Breton, ABMay 9, 2016
A day consists of challenging, yet satisfying work.
Excellent customer service.
Our management team is very helpful.
I have never had a better team to work with.
Not being able to do something for a customer is very difficult.
Being able to say yes to customer is what we aim for.
ATB Financial was rated 4th in the best place to work in Canada 2015/2016
No work-life balance
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2016
Difficult work-life balance. Matured methodology is not used due to lack of defined processes in certain areas. Due to difficult economy the work pressure increased a lot.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
CSR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2015
Love my job, lots of great things to look forward to, but find it hard to move up the ranks due to certain branch politics or management playing "favorites". All around great place to have a career in the financial industry. ATB has a great corporate culture and does numerous charitable/community events
Pros
amazing employee benefits, staff parties, work/life balance, enjoyable environment
Cons
harder to advance, more competitive than actually being promoted on your individual performance
Excellent compensation
Personal Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2016
Money was excellent, however, it wasn't comsistently rewarding good work ethic, instead of management being constructive in my last year there, I found it condesending and bullying in a sense. First two years were excellent with excellent management.
Pros
Good Income
Cons
Didn't feel appreciated my last year there.